Caching In Greek Islands

Hi , I like in the uK , and will soon be holidaying in the lovely island of Rhodes ( spelling ? ) I was just wondering the easiest way to looks these up on GC.com ?

I dont have a post code , i cant type in rhodes town or lindos , and not get anything. there must be an easy way ? isn't there ?

Thanks

Hi,

Click link "Hide & seek a cache" and search by keyword "Rhodes".

Select one cache which is located in Rhodes (for example; Prasonisi - Rhodes),

and then click "Find all nearby caches". Hope this helps.

Hi,

Click link "Hide & seek a cache" and search by keyword "Rhodes".

Select one cache which is located in Rhodes (for example; Prasonisi - Rhodes),

and then click "Find all nearby caches". Hope this helps.

Cheers , knew there would be a work around , i also managed to do it by using google earth to get the LAT LON of rhodes and using that as a search query. I really think there should be a better locality search, dont know how hard it is to do, but it would be useful when travelling to places.

Thanks for your input

It is also possible to load all caches in Google Earth with a KML-file.

Then its very easy to search. You just see all the caches on the right place in Google Earth!

The link is on your profile-page in the right-under-corner (I think, can't verify it, because gc.com is down).

Succes!

Tjeempie from Holland (my english is not very well, sorry!)

It is also possible to load all caches in Google Earth with a KML-file.

Then its very easy to search. You just see all the caches on the right place in Google Earth!

The link is on your profile-page in the right-under-corner (I think, can't verify it, because gc.com is down).

Succes!

Tjeempie from Holland (my english is not very well, sorry!)

Cheers , that works well too , then i can see the name of a cache to go to .

Your english is fine, just change the word "well" for "good" " not very well" is used when you are sick !

Hi , I like in the uK , and will soon be holidaying in the lovely island of Rhodes ( spelling ? ) I was just wondering the easiest way to looks these up on GC.com ?

I dont have a post code , i cant type in rhodes town or lindos , and not get anything. there must be an easy way ? isn't there ?

Thanks

My friend,

at the caches that I have placed in Rhodes, at the name I have added the word "Rhodes".

So when you make a search for the text "%Rhodes" or "*Rhodes" you may find the caches you need.

I use this naming tactic at almost all of my own caches, so anyone who searches for caches at the area will seek for them easier.

Some exact names for caches in Rhodes are:

ENYDREIO - RHODES (the most northern cache in Rhodes)

MONTE SMITH - RHODES

PRASONISI - RHODES (the most southern cache in Rhodes)

TORTURED PRAYER - APOLAKKIA RHODES

Select one of these and then select the option "Show all nearby caches that I haven't found".

I hope I helped you.

Have a nice time in Greece !

Yanni

Edited by YanniG