Paperless Caching Using Packet Pc

Get a copy of GSAK for the PC

Get a copy of GPXSonar or Cachemate for the PPC

Set up and download the appropriate PQ

(Optional:

Open it in GSAK and filter for the desired caches

Export the filter gpx file to an appropriate folder)

Copy the gpx file (either the original PQ or the GSAK filtered one) to the PPC

Open using GPXSonar or Cachemate and there you are.

You need to keep the gpx file up to date using PQs as they are offline copies only

Get a copy of GSAK for the PC

Get a copy of GPXSonar or Cachemate for the PPC

Set up and download the appropriate PQ

(Optional:

Open it in GSAK and filter for the desired caches

Export the filter gpx file to an appropriate folder)

Copy the gpx file (either the original PQ or the GSAK filtered one) to the PPC

Open using GPXSonar or Cachemate and there you are.

You need to keep the gpx file up to date using PQs as they are offline copies only

Huuummm.....that looks eerily similar to the process that also works for Palm pda's. I think that the secret is that ever since Cachemate became compatible with both Palm and PPC's...uh ...well... you know. :blink::P:ph34r:

Edited by Team Cotati

I stopped using ActivSync some time ago and now download GSAK's GPX/LOC (and HTML) straight to an SD card. Pop it in the Axim and it's a fast setup from there. I load both and have GPX Sonar, Cachemate, and HTML all available. I've found benefits in certain areas for each. The whole process takes only a couple of minutes for about 1000 caches.

you might want to also look into beelinegps at http://www.visualgps.net/BeeLineGPS/ I have the axim x51v and use beelinegps to find my way to the cache as well as do the paperwork. It lets you view all the html info etc and lets you mark various stats and notes regarding the cache. I have not used the other programs the guys above have mentioned, but I have used a few others. Once I found beelinegps I quit looking it does everything I need.

I stopped using ActivSync some time ago and now download GSAK's GPX/LOC (and HTML) straight to an SD card. Pop it in the Axim and it's a fast setup from there. I load both and have GPX Sonar, Cachemate, and HTML all available. I've found benefits in certain areas for each. The whole process takes only a couple of minutes for about 1000 caches.

I use the Dell Axim X50 for all my paperless caching. I like to use GPXSonar! What I do is I take the GPX file that I get with my Pocket Queries, copy the file, open Windows Explorer, under My Computer I go to Mobile Device, and then paste that GPX file into there. The file will go where it needs to be, and GPXSonar will automatically detect and load it.