I Guess The Supernatural Enjoy A Good Cache As Well...

I was hunting a cache in a local, overgrown cemetery. I decided to shoot some photographs to show Mrs. AcousticNut since the cemetery was kind of run-down and sad. It had a lot of old tomb-stones (latest I could find was from the late 1870's) and was quite overgrown.

When I got home I was showing the photos to the Mrs. and a friend when the friend noticed something strange in one of the photos. If you look in the top center of the photo you will see a bright orb-like light. Many people think that orbs in photographs are a sign of pananormal activity. I'm not sure what I believe, but I submitted the picture to a respected panormal site for analysis and they seem to think that it's definitely an "energy burst" of some type.

I'll let you form your own opinions though:

strange_light.jpg

Now, getting back on topic, if that pic from the OP is straight off the camera, you may have something there.

I do think there are things we are not in tune with, that animals can better pick up on. Like ultraviolet light, we can't see it, but it is there. What if electronic devices are able to capture these things?

E.V.P.

The fantastic part of the 2nd picture is that neither the girl nor the dog think that it's anything unusual! :laughing:

Picture #1 is straight from a Fuji digital camera. While the one that I posted here was run through PhotoShop to reduce the size, the origianl is hosted at http://www.the3ofus.com/geocache/strange_light_full.jpg

The flash did go on during the picture, but the paranormal photo people that I had look at the pic seem to discount "flash bleed" based on the instensity of the light. The only theory that seems to have disproved the supernatural is that of a droplet of water on a piece of grass reflecting the water.

If anyone is actually interested in reading through an analysis of the photo, you can go here http://www.tapsforums.com/index.php?topic=51797.0

Enjoy!

Now, getting back on topic, if that pic from the OP is straight off the camera, you may have something there.

I do think there are things we are not in tune with, that animals can better pick up on. Like ultraviolet light, we can't see it, but it is there. What if electronic devices are able to capture these things?

E.V.P.

I'm sure they can, I see it a lot. I have my computer against the wall with my webcam on the monitor and the cam faces the couch in front of the tv. When I have my cam on and I sit on the couch and use my TV remote it looks like a friggin star wars movie with laser beams shooting out of the remote!

You can see a few photos like that I took at the cemetery my most recent cache is hidden in: The Ghosts of Frost

This quickly turned into my most-watched cache I can only assume because people have heard of this place before, as far as I know no one has attempted it at night yet, I had people on the MIGO forums tell me they would attempt it at night next time they were in the area though. I personally don't see orbs as proof of supernatural activity, and my photos aren't nearly as impressive as a co-workers, but I'll tell you now, you can feel it when you step into the cemtery, a feeling of being watched....it's creepy. During the day not much happens, but at night.....

I love caches in these type of locations, cool topic.

Another wierd pic, but of a truck wreck...

HERE

my mom was smoking while taking a picture of us, the smoke blew infront of the camera and looked just like that white outline. We also get those little white floating circles, I thought it might be a supernatural thing at first, but I'm more apt to believe that it was somehow just a reflection from something, who knows what.

I'd think those white "orbs" are nothing more than spots of dust floating in the air and reflecting the flash. Since they are so close to the lens of the camera, they show up as highly out of focus.

There was one time I took a photo and a mosquito flew about 2 inches in front of the lens just as the picture was taken. Boy, did that leave a strange looking white blob in the photo.

For the OP, I think it's a picture of a bug.

As a general rule, true orbs are supposed to give off their own light so you should have been able to see it before you took the picture. If you don't see it before or after you take the picture then it's most likely a reflection from the flash off dust, moisture, bugs, etc... In this case I picked 'bug' because it looks to me like I can see blurred wings around the 'orb'.

that takes all the fun out of photos like that....lol

btw, since this topic is bumped again, here's some newer photos I took at the cemetery mentioned above

mistsmall1.jpg

mistjuly31.jpg

for the record, I do believe the white speck in the second photo is a bug, but the mist in the backround I have no explanation for. But more important, I've heard and seen stuff there since that's more than convincing enough for me the place is haunted!

I was hunting a cache in a local, overgrown cemetery. I decided to shoot some photographs to show Mrs. AcousticNut since the cemetery was kind of run-down and sad. It had a lot of old tomb-stones (latest I could find was from the late 1870's) and was quite overgrown.

When I got home I was showing the photos to the Mrs. and a friend when the friend noticed something strange in one of the photos. If you look in the top center of the photo you will see a bright orb-like light. Many people think that orbs in photographs are a sign of pananormal activity. I'm not sure what I believe, but I submitted the picture to a respected panormal site for analysis and they seem to think that it's definitely an "energy burst" of some type.

I'll let you form your own opinions though:

strange_light.jpg

cool pic. :laughing: