Paint Splotches On Coins

jaredl

I've been finding alot of coins latley with paint over the writing alot latley. i received a parents of SAM coin today and 2 of the letters aree covered by the green paint! what should I do? I've noticed that its only the coins with the oak coin cards with them.

Any ideas. I was going to try and scrape it off, but dont want to de value my coins? should i take it up with the person I bought the coin

I've been finding alot of coins latley with paint over the writing alot latley. ...I've noticed that its only the coins with the oak coin cards with them....
The only coin I have by oakcoins is a Parrolet Parrot - it too is messy in it's filling of color, but I love the coin non-the-less! :laughing:

Having been through this not long ago with another coin rep, I would advise emailing Oak Coins directly. Most of the coin reps guarantee the quality and may even have a few coins in reserve for replacements of defective production. If you can not get a satisfactory response then maybe try and reach the profile holder of the coin and see if you can trade for a different coin. I wouldn't try scraping it myself, but it might be fixable by the manufacturer.

I am sorry that one of our coins has a paint problem on it. :laughing: I emailed you saying that I will swap the coin out with you for one that is error free. B)

We stand by Oak Coins quality on our coins and tried to weed out the very few problem coins that we had. This one must have slipped through....most all of the coins were absolutly perfect.

Edited by ParentsofSAM

All colors are filled by hand. Take a look at some of the coins and see the work which goes into coloring each and every coin. We, Oakcoins, work very hard to make sure all coins are up to quality. If someone finds a coin that is sub-standard, please contact the person you bought it from. We will work with them to replace the coin.

nielsenc

All colors are filled by hand. Take a look at some of the coins and see the work which goes into coloring each and every coin. We, Oakcoins, work very hard to make sure all coins are up to quality. If someone finds a coin that is sub-standard, please contact the person you bought it from. We will work with them to replace the coin.

nielsenc

My BEAUTIFUL Parrolet Parrot is NOT bad enough to be upset with... It just gives her character!!! :laughing:

I can understand coins having a few blemishes - imagine so few out of the massive numbers produced. Sounds like people are trying to make it right. I trust PoSAM, Oak and nielsenc and their quality work. Other than that, if it's not that bad, I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like these things are going to be worth huge amounts of money one day.

You could always have a screwed up tracking number.... Ironically the only one I have that is messed up is a Geo-Screw... I contacted the guy when I couldn't get it to activate, and he offered to have it remade, but it adds character.... Jen's Screwed up Screw.

:laughing:

Thnaks everyone. I wasnt trying to blame anyone or trash talk any companies, I was really just wndering how common it was because i found another coin witht he same type defect last week. I was thinking of getting some coins made and if it was a really common problum it would have influenced my design idea.

In the end I scraped it off with my knife, the green paint was just covering most of the "M" it came off pretty good and only left a few scratches

Next time I"ll wait to get in touch with the coin maker or seller

Thnaks everyone. I wasnt trying to blame anyone or trash talk any companies, I was really just wndering how common it was because i found another coin witht he same type defect last week. I was thinking of getting some coins made and if it was a really common problum it would have influenced my design idea.

In the end I scraped it off with my knife, the green paint was just covering most of the "M" it came off pretty good and only left a few scratches

Next time I"ll wait to get in touch with the coin maker or seller

You're fine, you asked a question. We just like talking! :laughing: Out of 500 coins I had made (not with Oak by the way), I had a few that had a small blemishes, but nothing was majorly wrong with any of the coins. The one thing I find most annoying about coins is tracking numbers that are too small or that are "off set" from where they are supposed to be. This was the one thing that I truly insisted on with my personal coin. I've had a great time making, trading and selling my coin. I've emailed with dozens of cachers and feel like I've made some "friends" as a result. B)

Nice I am very excited to get my coins out there I have 2 ides for coins that are toataly new never been done before ideas. I just need to get them designed and find aplace to make them.

what software or design format do the coin companies like to get?

Unless the seller is a professional (aka commercial) coin maker I'd suck it up as par for the course.

If they are commercial then they should probably replace it when you send back the defective coin though to get another one with the same tracking number would (and should) take time.

I would have to agree with the above unless is was messed up really bad then just keep it now its one of a kind... :anibad:

Another thought would be to take the blemished coins and set those free into the wild (the original coin making person) and send out the "perfect ones" to those that bought them. Those blemished coins might be (somewhat) less likely to be stolen if they have an imperfection or 2... and, it might help get the geocoin fever back into the caches.

I'm always trying to make lemonade out of those darn lemons... :D

Edited by Team Petey1