The Nightcap

Its usually a beer or glass of wine with dinner, but these days its tea or selzer after dinnertime. The days of me knocking off a six pack, a few glasses of Jameson, or bottle of wine in the evening are over. Not good for the waist line or liver.

Yeah, but once your liver is gone you don't have to worry about that any more.

On a cool/warm day of caching- A nice ice cold glass of milk, followed quickly by a Snickers candy bar.

On a hot day of caching- I find a DQ or ice cream shop and order a chocolate shake, and a burger.

And I'm just waiting for the new Steak-n-Shake to open here so I have any excuse to go by there for a chili-3-ways, steak burger with onion and large fries. I'll top that off with a real Cherry Coke. :laughing:

Followed closely by a much needed nap.

So you pick yourself up before the hunt, but how do you bring it back down after the hunt?

Or do you just keep pounding the caffiene till you crash?

BTW my wife makes one hell of a margarita? A GOOD beer is nice too.

Oh. . . I guess my life is very boring! I never touch caffeine (the bitter alkaloid known as C8H10N4O2) in any form (not even in chocolate) and well, as for alcohol, my idea of heavy drinking consists of drinking six ounces of an unpasteurized organic microbrew beer once a week! About the only liquids which I ever consume are mountain well water, mountain spring water, raw cow or goat milk, raw cow cream, and maybe a bit of raw veggie juice once in a while. Sigh. I am boring. :P

Oh, and I do drink some sewage-laden Baltimore Harbor (aka Cheaspeake Bay) water when I am out there on a small boat and the 3-foot waves start to break over the bow of my boat every nine seconds! That is the best beverage of all!

:P:anibad:

PREFERRED: A nice cold six pack of Amberbock, some nachos and cheese and a really great movie.

REALITY:Make dinner, clean up after dinner, finish up the laundry, get all three kids bathed and dressed for bed and then remember I forgot to eat dinner. :anibad:

Edited by smilingsteeles

PREFERRED: A nice cold six pack of Amberbock, some nachos and cheese and a really great movie.

REALITY:Make dinner, clean up after dinner, finish up the laundry, get all three kids bathed and dressed for bed and then remember I forgot to eat dinner. :anibad:

Sound way to familar.

Don't you just love the real world. :):wacko::P:P

Since I'm not a drinker and caffeine doesn't do a thing for me, I wind down by settling at my PC shortly before bedtime, posting my finds or DNFs and then updating GSAK, my GPS and PDA, when necessary.

I browse the forums for a little while, then head off to bed, hoping to dream the locations of the DNFs...