The Legal Blood Caffeine Level

With my Dr. bitchin about my blood pressure, I've cut way way back on my coffee. If I'm going caching it's usually 1 big cup then water the rest of the day.I used to drink about 15 to 20 cups a day.A lot of mornings I don't even drink any, just the orange juice or a glass of water to take all my meds. :blink:

panic attacks galore if i indulge in caffeine these days so decaf coffee and tea for me :blink:

used to be the stronger the better.

mcdonalds for coffee??!!!! not in the uk... mud would taste nicer.

I also stopped coffee due to panic attacks. The odd thing is that tea generally won't trigger them, but coffee does, even if its decaf. Must be psychological - well I guess all panic attacks are.

Hound - "Raven's Brew Coffee...The Last Legal High!" :blink:

They have become my roaster of choice these days. "Dead Man's Reach" is my big favorite of theirs. :P

Just got in a batch of beans from them last week. Dead Mean's Reach, Espresso Chocolon, and Ethiopian Moka Harrar. Nothing makes my day quite like seeing, and smelling that box in my doorway as I come home from work. :ph34r:

How did you get it shipped? :P I have to resort to pleading with my family to mail batches to me! :P

when I was working as a nurse aid at the hospital and working double shifts one of the nurses got me hooked on choc covered coffee beans... all the caffene and you dont have to go pee every 15 min. lol

the drink of choice is mt dew or the new rage going thru the shop where i work is redline. you can get redline at G.N.C. and talk about a kick in the pants!!! WHOA NELLIE I only drink a half of the bottle per 10 hour shift and Im all shakey and hyper!! its great stuff!!

The first time I tried redline I drank the whole bottle within about a 45 min time period and I thought my heart was going to explode, I got all sweaty and was shaking like a bum on a 2day dry spell, hot flashes, mild paranoia....... I have to stop at gnc before work and pick up some more!!

happy caching

slugger

Winter time !'ll have 2 or 3 cups a day, Summer time Maybe a cup in the Morn, then Diet Pepsi all day. BUT.

And this is the kicker, I work some long shifts (Currently 6 - 12's) around dangerous equipment. And when I really need a boost I'll grab a Stacker :( ... (Yes it's horrible, no kids don't try this etc.) Kinda like a pill form of Redline. Contains Ephedrine, Caffeine and aspirin. It's a choice I'd rather be wired then sleepy around the equipment... And yep since I have friends in the medical field I always hear about it...

:(

I started drinking coffee in the Navy. Back then I'd drink it all day long. My right hand nearly became permanantly hooked from holding my mug.

These days I drink a pot in the morning and switch to water/juice or soda in the afternoons. When I'm caching it's plain water all day (after my morning pot of coffee).

That's when I started drinking it. Pulling 24 to 36 hours straight with no sleep, only way was with coffee. I had two major jobs on the sub, coffee repair and movie projector repair. Made me very popular and gave me a lot of power! Coffee pot was fun, whenever I had to repair it there would literally be a line of chiefs and officers with coffee cups in their hands waiting. Would even have the Captain walk out occasionally to see if it was repaired yet and if I needed anything. :(

Coffee, I like strong, fresh ground, french roast Columbian but I'll drink any coffee I can get hold of. I hate weak coffee and I'll go without before I'll drink unleaded. :(

Hey, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a coffee snob

You say that like being a coffee snob is a *bad* thing. I disagree. :laughing: But then again, I roast my own beans and have a far-too-expensive home espresso setup. On the other hand, I make some pretty darned good coffee!

Don't drink coffee to wake up. Wake up to drink coffee.

Hey, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a coffee snob

You say that like being a coffee snob is a *bad* thing. I disagree. :laughing: But then again, I roast my own beans and have a far-too-expensive home espresso setup. On the other hand, I make some pretty darned good coffee!

Nothing in the world wrong with it. Just I'm not one. Yet!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

my preferred drink is a starbuck's vente caramel frappuccino. yummy!!!

If I wanted a vocabulary lesson, I'd buy a thesaurus. :laughing: Now. Give. Me. The. Coffee.

:laughing::laughing: I love it! :lol:B)B)

TRUE STORY: When I was in England a few years ago, I stopped in to a coffee shop, to buy, as it were, a cup of coffee. I know it was a coffee shop because of the sign on the front which read "Coffee Shop". You can imagine my confusion, then, as I read the menu and was confronted with a variety of Italian-monickered caffeine delivery substances, none of them actually being, in fact, coffee. When asked, the clerk responded, 'you mean like you make at home with hot water, dripped through the grounds?' "yes, that's the ticket" 'we don't have that here.' :laughing::o:rolleyes: we compromised - i purchased an espresso, poured into a mug and added a little water. close enough, and i like it strong anyway.

ONE YEAR LATER, I return to the same "coffee shop". With some apprehension I again scan the menu and what do I find offered? CAFE AMERICAIN B) I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been the one it happened to.

I love expresso ... especially in the afternoon. However, I can not find a single coffee house in K.C. that knows how to serve a good expresso. Starbucks will hand you a paper cup with your java which is disgusting when it comes to expresso. Expresso is something that should be worshipped, held in reverance. Nothing but small China drinking vessels should touch your lips when sipping the nectar.

However, I can not find a single coffee house in K.C. that knows how to serve a good expresso.

A good espresso is nearly impossible to find. There are a total of three, yes THREE, shops in the entire San Francisco Bay Area that serve good espreso. Out of all the coffee shops on every single block, you're left with two good ones in San Francisco and one in Santa Clara. That's it. :D

Shower Shock Caffeinated Soap found in the caffeine section of the ThinkGeek catalog. 200 mg of caffeine per shower!

I've never tried it, but it looks like an interesting way to get your USRDA of caffeine. :)

I recieved a bar of that as a gag (I hope) gift one Christmas. It works wonders on a "sleeping" foot/leg.

But seriously...

Back in my network administrator days <insert wavy memory lines>... The motto in the server room was "Jolt is for sissies!". Copious numbers of Penguin Mints (see www.thinkgeek.com), cases of Bawls, and Kick were consumed monthly. The coffee machine pumped out espresso by the quart and No-Doze was looked upon like a vitamin. Sheesh, I'm getting jumpy just thinking about that part of my life. Anyhow, after the doc told me that the kidney stone that was causing me excrutiating pain was likely caused by caffeine I cut back considerably (to a 12 pk. or so of Pepsi a day). The other admins razzed me but they eventually stopped.I don't know that I actually believed that all that caffeine caused the stone, but I liked the extra cash and I haven't had another one yet.

When I started the job I'm at now, one of my co-workers was astonished to learn that I could easily knock back two 2-liter bottles or a 12 pack (which ever was cheaper) and not turn into "Buzzy the Hummingbird".

Calvin and Hobbes fans should understand that reference. Now I'm down to maybe 4 or 5 cans of soda a week and that includes the cups included with meals. Since taking up caching it's water, water only until we're done.

I kinda miss those days in a wierd sort of way. Being that wired I felt more alive - maybe that was just the caffeine buzz talking. Well, it's Thursday. I guess I should get some sleep this week :ph34r: