Maps

mike11755

I downloaded EasyGPS & then a few waypoints from geocaching.com. When I open them up , in the map section, all I get is the name of waypoint & a little picture of a closed chest. In the description of the waypoint , there is also a closed chest. Can anyone tell me why I can't get the map of the waypoint to show?? Thanks..George

I downloaded EasyGPS & then a few waypoints from geocaching.com. When I open them up , in the map section, all I get is the name of waypoint & a little picture of a closed chest. In the description of the waypoint , there is also a closed chest. Can anyone tell me why I can't get the map of the waypoint to show?? Thanks..George

I looked again, and if EasyGPS is suppose to show a map, then I've never seen it. ExpertGPS displays caches on either a topo map, or satillite photos. As for the icon, the closed chest denotes a geocache that you haven't found. If the chest were open, it would represent one that you had found and logged online. :lol:

EasyGPS is great for loading points into your GPS, and some limited sorting.

Edited by Team Madog

I believe in the newest version, the map is only a "relative position" map, without anything else underneath. Unfortunately, it's the difference between these two maps:

560974b8-1925-4348-9703-b4253736ef40.jpg7373b21c-7ca9-4776-869d-fc2c2772b625.jpg

So, don't rely on EasyGPS. ExpertGPS will use aerial images underlying the waypoints.

I have to apollogize for putting out some bad poop. I didn't check to see what version of Easy GPS I was running. I had version 1.3.7 installed. When I went out and looked at the newest version I was surprised to see that it has indeed incorporated a map type display, so that you can see the relative position of caches. The rest of my response was correct through. Good luck.