Which Tag To Put Out?

NWMOhunter

My business partner just received the 8 TB tags and the 2 geocoins we are going to put out. I've never activated or put out a TB, but he called me and asked me if we should release the original tag or the "copy" tag.

Which one should we put out and which one should we keep? Does it really matter?

save the copy if it dose go missng you could put it in the travel bug grave yared

:laughing:

Blue Deuce is correct (of course) we use the mark as missing option instead of the graveyards. This way the mileage isn't affected and if someone brings the TB back to life it just moves on naturally with no false mileage. The graveyards predate the change in the system, where they added more options for logging. TB's have come back from missing as much as three years later!

I was expecting my tags to come with the chain attached to the "original" with the copy unchained. Groundspeak is shipping them out with the chains on the copy version. This may be what is leading to the confusion. I will rechain the tags and send out the original.

I had this on my first set, however my latest set of tags are all chained on the original. I always use the original although it doesn't really matter.

I was expecting my tags to come with the chain attached to the "original" with the copy unchained. Groundspeak is shipping them out with the chains on the copy version. This may be what is leading to the confusion. I will rechain the tags and send out the original.

Yup, I've just had a package where some of the chains were on the copy tags and some were on the original tags. It happens.