Custom Icon

ozymandiasism

Can someone give me advice on how to make a CLEAR custom icon? My friend and I have tried it a few times (both photoshop and illustrator) and we cannot get it to work. 32X32 and 16X16 is just WAY too small.

I am really curious of how they created the USA geocoin icon! it's so clear with that much details!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by ozymandiasism

Something like this?

160470547_c70115e336_m.jpg

Yeah, but it is just not crystal clear like some of the ones I have seen. Now I realized that the dragons are very detailed drawings and I have simplified them dramatically... just couldn't come up with something better :anitongue: My friend tried using very simply vector art but still did not come out well....

And thank you very much for your email! I will take a look at it!

cheers

I am really curious of how they created the USA geocoin icon! it's so clear with that much details!

Ancient Chinese Secret! :anitongue:

Seriously though, I've been fortunate enough to be asked to do many of the icons you see. If you're looking to have one done, contact me through my GC profile, and I'll see what I can do.

Yime

Ancient Chinese Secret! :anitongue:

Seriously though, I've been fortunate enough to be asked to do many of the icons you see. If you're looking to have one done, contact me through my GC profile, and I'll see what I can do.

Yime

hehehe. In THAT case, I should be gatekeeper of this secret!

I am actually paying my friend to design the coin, as well as the icon, so I will try to have him to do the work as much as possible.... But I will definitely keep you in mind!

Thanks for offering.

d

I am actually paying my friend to design the coin, as well as the icon, so I will try to have him to do the work as much as possible.... But I will definitely keep you in mind!

Thanks for offering.

d

If you're paying him to do this, shouldn't he know how? :anitongue:

Thanks for offering.

d

If you're paying him to do this, shouldn't he know how? :anitongue:

He's my best friend and I thought it would be a fun project to do together. He has his own GD business but he doesn't generally do custom icons. Besides, I hate asking friends for favors, so I pay him at a discounted rate :ph34r:

Without getting too much into method detail, the best advice I could give you is to decide on the smallest part of an image that relates to your coin. As in how much of any image would you need to see to recognize the whole thing. Alternately, you could use letter, symbols, etc as representatives of the image. Maybe...

DD.jpg

I'm sorry I don't know the symbols for dragon, but they could be used, too.

Without getting too much into method detail, the best advice I could give you is to decide on the smallest part of an image that relates to your coin. As in how much of any image would you need to see to recognize the whole thing. Alternately, you could use letter, symbols, etc as representatives of the image. Maybe...

DD.jpg

I'm sorry I don't know the symbols for dragon, but they could be used, too.

I actually like that icon..... actually pretty nicely designed :lol: and thank you!

yeah, I'm looking at different options right now. It annoys because because creating icons shouldn't be mad science.... I just can't figure out the trick to so (or too cheap to buy a program)