Tune Up Your Browser, Geocacher!

Captain Morgan

Heips,

I started experiencing the scripts and first thing was to upgrade my old FireFox to more current level. Secondly I tried to install GreaseMonkey sw but received a msg 'Software installation is disabled....'.

I was unable to find any button in Firefox options to enable sw installation until I found this and was able to get it work.

Unbelievably even I was able to make it work !!

Scripts are very handy !!

EDIT: xlated to my poor english !

Edited by jupilli

I've also created a few scripts that help you generally in geocaching. You can find them here: http://userscripts.org/users/25312;scripts

First script adds a text link to Google Maps-page, that opens a view to Kansalaisen Karttapaikka from that location.

Second one add's a text link to Panoramio's Map page to list geocaches nearby from geocaching.com.

Drop me a line if you find them useful, also, suggestions to new scripts are also welcome ! :unsure:

Everybody seems to agree that these scripts are very handy and nice but could somebody please tell us n00bs what they actually are so we can consider if they are something we might pursue getting?

For example the More Maps-script adds additional maps to the cache page. One which I have found useful is the one which shows the driving instructions and distance to the cache.

Other useful script is by Kino (Google Maps -> Karttapaikka). At the moment, there is no Karttapaikka link in the additional waypoints -page (parking, for example) although it has been asked for. In the additional waypoints -page, you can zoom in using Google maps, and then see the same place in Karttapaikka map just by clicking the link!

Have a go and see what you like! :unsure:

(Edit: added Kino's script.)

Edited by Suurnesu

Everybody seems to agree that these scripts are very handy and nice but could somebody please tell us n00bs what they actually are so we can consider if they are something we might pursue getting?

Ok, I created a list of useful scripts in geocaching to geocaching.fi wiki. You can find the list here

And if you know some other scripts, you can add them to wiki. :blink:

Hi all!

Take a look at Greasemonkey Scripts

These scripts let you enhance your geocaching.com pages and also

these forum pages. I can only recommend, they are really good, I've been

using those scripts already quite a long.

One of those scripts makes cache gallery images larger, but if there's a spoiler image in the gallery, Greasemonkey makes also it larger and it's not fun! I recommend disabling Greasemonkey before opening the gallery first time...