How Cange I Change The Category Icon?

i would like to see the national register of historic places icon changed to appear like the plaques installed on some of the structures....to differ it from the historic plaques.

then, what about adding the state outline on each of the historic plaques icons? to that the icon for each of the 50 states would be unique, and more distinguishable from one another.....

Would you be clapping if an icon for something in your country (like ww memorials) had the naming of Canada? Oh, and you'd be clapping if that was a known problem for more than 2 months and nothing has been done?

As you are not the leader or even an officer of the category, so why all the berating posts. The original request was by the leader and may have been overlooked. Your constant country bashing is annoying and will accomplish nothing. It was fine to raise the over-sight once, continuing accomplishes nothing. There have not been any new icon since you raised the problem within the last week.

BTW the ESP only stands for Spain in Spain... in Portugal it means Extra Special Portugal <_< Now go find some those Extra Special Portugal Geodetic Points, there are only 6 total waymarks in the category. <_<

Edited by BruceS

Would you be clapping if an icon for something in your country (like ww memorials) had the naming of Canada? Oh, and you'd be clapping if that was a known problem for more than 2 months and nothing has been done?

As you are not the leader or even an officer of the category, so why all the berating posts. The original request was by the leader and may have been overlooked. Your constant country bashing is annoying and will accomplish nothing. It was fine to raise the over-sight once, continuing accomplishes nothing. There have not been any new icon since you raised the problem within the last week.

BTW the ESP only stands for Spain in Spain... in Portugal it means Extra Special Portugal <_< Now go find some those Extra Special Portugal Geodetic Points, there are only 6 total waymarks in the category. <_<

Spare me the paternalism.

Yes, I'm not the leader of the category. Yes, there are only 6 waymarks in the category (I own 4 of those).

I'm a Portuguese and I do care about this stuff.

As you probably noticed, the issue was addressed in last July. TPTB wrote that things would be sorted out in a matter of days. And it seems so, at least the bowling alleys got their icon right. Ours? Not.

You ask "why all this fuss about an icon?". Simple, try to imagine an all american category with the letters or an image of Venezuela or Canada, for example. Would you be quiet and wait almost forever for the problem to be fixed, while others are fixed in no time, even if you were the only one to notice that?

If I'd shut up, I would agree with such posture. I'm not, that's why I'm bringing it up, AGAIN.