Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mother,Juggs & Speed

Classification & Field Day

Hi to everyone

Got my tech ticket in 2000, upgraded to General the same year, I envy those guys who do 30+ wpm.

Was wondering how many are planning on participating in field day this year either alone or with a club?

KD5NOY

I will probably make a day trip up to my uncle's clubs event.

N2ZPY

I will be operating with the W5ac club (Texas a and m university).

BTW, Mother jugs and speed? Great movie. YOu a medic? We had to watch it in medic school as training,

Brad

I will be operating with the W5ac club (Texas a and m university).

BTW, Mother jugs and speed? Great movie. YOu a medic? We had to watch it in medic school as training,

Brad

Guess you can call it that. I've been a volunteer firefighter 24 years, 11 of those as a medic. Got burned out on the whole response thing and let it laspe. Re-certified this year as a first responder.....go figure, can't seem to get it out of my blood.

By the way... you are the first to make the connection between movie and hobby <_<

Operated with our club, K4ORE. We ran 5A TN. Had a great time...bands were in the best shape in a few years for Field Day....especially six meters. Ten was open a lot, and we ran PSK on 40 without a slow down the whole 24 hours. Great Field Day for us, with the highlight being the steak and eggs breakfast this morning....no, wait, it was the steak, corn on the cob and baked potato dinner last night....no, wait, it was the ice cold watermelon after we got the antennas up yesterday....no, wait, it was the coffee and fresh baked cinamon rolls at midnight.... :rolleyes:

Field Day as always with our club Splitrock ARA (K2RF) NNJ 3a

A lot of the calls have turned to mush in my head, but I am pretty sure I worked your station on six meters during FD. our club call is K4ORE.

I did join in the field day fun with my local group. We were moving kinda slow, I only made about 8 contacts myself. But still had a blast!!

K4LAB

A lot of the calls have turned to mush in my head, but I am pretty sure I worked your station on six meters during FD. our club call is K4ORE.

I was working the 6M station for about 2/3 of our contacts, and I know there was an opening to TN. So we might well have worked you :rolleyes:

I was working the 6M station for about 2/3 of our contacts, and I know there was an opening to TN. So we might well have worked you :laughing:

I'll have to go back and check the log, but I had a pile up I was running on six somewhere around 8 pm or so Saturday night....and it was mostly ENY, NNJ, SNJ, EPA stations....so it might have been then. Also ran some on sunday morning, but not as many from one area, they were more scattered. If you talked to K4ORE, it was me, as I am the only six meter nut in the group. :laughing:

If you work six other times, look for me...I am on whenever it is open.... my call is N3ORX

Had a great time at field day this year. Worked 40 meter side band using the club call W8WKY (3A Ohio).

Over all we did pretty well, I think we had right around 1000 contacts combined. And oh yeah the food and weather were great the entire weekend.

We even had time to do a little Geocaching in the area after the antennas were up. We even placed a cache near the field day site (Fountain View GCWRRT) :laughing:

Edited by N8OFP - Del

Had a great time at field day this year. Worked 40 meter side band using the club call W8WKY (3A Ohio).

Over all we did pretty well, I think we had right around 1000 contacts combined. And oh yeah the food and weather were great the entire weekend.

We even had time to do a little Geocaching in the area after the antennas were up. We even placed a cache near the field day site (Fountain View GCWRRT) <_<

Did I mention the food at our FD? When we plan FD, that is the first item of business...we know what we are going to do every year with the radios and antennas, etc., but we try to do different foods each year. This year was heavy on steak....last year we had lots of Italian type food...who knows for next year....all I know, there will be plenty of it...and when it's mealtime, we stop playing radio and go eat...we know where our priorities are. :ph34r:

Hi all,

I had a great time at my first field day. I helped with the Radio Club of Tacoma's site (W7DK and W7OS for the GOTA), classification 6A. I got my first ever HF contact (I'm just a Tech) and had a blast helping with the GOTA station and also briefly on the regular 75m SSB station. It has whetted my appetite for more, maybe this will give me the push I need to get that morse code test out of the way (yes, I know they will be dropping it).

LindaLu

KE7FKX

I ran 1E-ME on & off during the event. I hadn't heard a peep on 15M thii FD then it springs to life.. Had 100 or so contacts & learned more about what my rig can & can't do

JW

Hi all,

I had a great time at my first field day. I helped with the Radio Club of Tacoma's site (W7DK and W7OS for the GOTA), classification 6A. I got my first ever HF contact (I'm just a Tech) and had a blast helping with the GOTA station and also briefly on the regular 75m SSB station. It has whetted my appetite for more, maybe this will give me the push I need to get that morse code test out of the way (yes, I know they will be dropping it).

LindaLu

KE7FKX

Good luck with it....it's not really as hard as some people make out.... fifteen minutes of study twice a day should get you there in a few weeks. And who knows, you may just find you like it. I just recently got back into it a little bit....my previous cw operations consisted of one contact per year on straight key night just for the sake of doing it....but recently I realized, or maybe it was that I finally admitted it, that the only way I am ever going to get my last state for Worked All States on six meters, was to get Hawaii on cw...so I decided to start working on increasing my code ability so I can do that and make a contact or two while there is an opening. Anyway, the point is, code isn't anything scary at all, and once you do it and get on HF, you will have even more fun with HAM radio.

Glad you enjoyed the field day operations..it's my favorite thing of every year...even better than Christmas (unless I get a new radio for Christmas, but usually I just get a tie or after shave).

Hank/N3ORX

Hi all,

LindaLu

KE7FKX

Hello LindaLu, welcome to ham radio. Next March, I will have been a ham radio operator for 60 years. I remember meeting you when you stopped by with the very first Bremerton

Cache Machine back in December of 2001. Dick, W7WT