Hukilaulau's Big Book Of Silly Records

Reading the recent threads about record caching feats has left me feeling very inadequate. Why can't I have the most, the best, the biggest something? Then I realized, I can! We all can! So tell me the geocaching record you proudly hold and I will do something with it at some later time, promise! Here are my own entries to start things off:The most stages found in a six stage multi I hear you say, "Uh, wouldn't that be six?" I laugh at your silliness! Anyone can do six in a six! Only I have managed to do eight!

Next is this one: http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...98-285d3e554891

For which I am making the claim of being the oldest cacher from out of state to be FTF on a 3.5 terrain cache in Arizona

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any negative side effects this thread might cause in the caching community, iincluding but not limited to, "Micro Spew" "Big Numbers Syndrome" or "Wearing Funny Hats"

Reading the recent threads about record caching feats has left me feeling very inadequate. Why can't I have the most, the best, the biggest something? Then I realized, I can! We all can! So tell me the geocaching record you proudly hold and I will do something with it at some later time, promise!

antidisestablishmentarianism antidisestablishmentarianism antidisestablishmentarianism

antidisestablishmentarianism antidisestablishmentarianism antidisestablishmentarianism

I am now announcing my new record of the most use of the longest non-scientific word in the English language in one geocaching forum post. I believe my record stands on its own merit, as I've submitted proof with this claim. I'd like to thank my sponsors, my wife, my trainer, and all of you for your support during this record setting event. The geocoin is already being designed. Thank you all.

edit: sp on one of the smaller words

Edited by DocDiTTo

I have the first cache in Crawford County, and the most caches in Crawford County, as well as the first Badger Cache in Crawford County, the first micro in Crawford County, and multi. The first caching dog in crawford County. (Moonrock611 has the longest/best).

In addition, I might be able to claim the most cachers from one single family to cache together. We've done 12.

antidisestablishmentarianism

I'm the new record holder. Hah!

Metaphor Posted Today, 10:10 AM

I've been thinking about this, and I feel bad. I didn't actually type in the words -- I copied and pasted them. I even copied and pasted the winning word.

I am publicly renouncing my claim to the record, and want to humbly return it to its rightful owner, DocDitto. I sincerely apologize if this has in anyway caused any strife here in the forums. My head now hangs in shame, and I'm considering geocide.

I've been thinking about this, and I feel bad. I didn't actually type in the words -- I copied and pasted them. I even copied and pasted the winning word.

I am publicly renouncing my claim to the record, and want to humbly return it to its rightful owner, DocDitto. I sincerely apologize if this has in anyway caused any strife here in the forums. My head now hangs in shame, and I'm considering geocide.

When I set the record, I too use the copy and paste method. As long as you adhered to the same convention, I must convey upon you the New record of the most use of the longest non-scientific word in the English language in one geocaching forum post. Congrats! You beat out my use of antidisestablishmentarianism fairly and squarely.

Oh... wait a minute.... oops. I think I've accidentally claimed the record back. It all depends on if quoted use of the words counts. I'm not sure whether it's legal to claim a record if the word was used IN quotes. Now if it were OUTSIDE the quotes, it would be ok... but inside?

Inside or outside, inside or outside... for some reason, I feel we should debate on this for a few hundred posts before coming to a determination. B)

When I set the record, I too use the copy and paste method. As long as you adhered to the same convention, I must convey upon you the New record of the most use of the longest non-scientific word in the English language in one geocaching forum post. Congrats! You beat out my use of antidisestablishmentarianism fairly and squarely.

Oh... wait a minute.... oops. I think I've accidentally claimed the record back. It all depends on if quoted use of the words counts. I'm not sure whether it's legal to claim a record if the word was used IN quotes. Now if it were OUTSIDE the quotes, it would be ok... but inside?

Inside or outside, inside or outside... for some reason, I feel we should debate on this for a few hundred posts before coming to a determination. B)

But you didn't copy and paste it from another source. You copied and pasted 'antidisestablishmentarianism' from your own original... oops, I think I just took the record back...

Im gonna be a record holder twice! This may be more excitement than I can handle.

1) First person to place a cache in a brand new sculpture garden 2 days after it opened. Rx:GPS prn

2) First person to post the longest word. The full name, 1,913 characters long, for tryptophan synthetase, a protein, which has 267 amino acids in it.

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucyl phenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyl lysylglutamylglycylalanylphenylalanylvalylprolylphenyl alanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylprolylglycylisol eucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysylisoleucylaspartyl threonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspartyl alanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolylphenyl alanylserylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolyl threonylisoleucylglutaminylasparaginylalanylthreonylleucyl arginylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonyl prolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutamyl methionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylarginylglutaminyllysyl histidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolylisoleucylglycylleucyl leucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylphenyl alanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenyl alanyltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalyl glycylvalylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalyl prolylvalylglutaminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanyl arginylglutaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginyl valylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinyl prolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartylaspartylaspartylleucyl leucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryltyrosylglycyl arginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylserylarginyl alanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparaginyl arginylalanylalanylleucylprolylleucylasparaginylhistidyl leucylvalylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginyl alanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenylalanyl glycylisoleucylserylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysyl alanylalanylisoleucylaspartylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycyl alanylisoleucylserylglycylserylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisol eucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparaginylisoleucyl glutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylleucyl lysylvalylphenylalanylvalylglutaminylprolylmethionyllysyl alanylalanylthreonylarginylserine?

Im gonna be a record holder twice! This may be more excitement than I can handle.

1) First person to place a cache in a brand new sculpture garden 2 days after it opened. Rx:GPS prn

2) First person to post the longest word. The full name, 1,913 characters long, for tryptophan synthetase, a protein, which has 267 amino acids in it.

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucyl phenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyl lysylglutamylglycylalanylphenylalanylvalylprolylphenyl alanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylprolylglycylisol eucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysylisoleucylaspartyl threonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspartyl alanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolylphenyl alanylserylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolyl threonylisoleucylglutaminylasparaginylalanylthreonylleucyl arginylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonyl prolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutamyl methionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylarginylglutaminyllysyl histidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolylisoleucylglycylleucyl leucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylphenyl alanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenyl alanyltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalyl glycylvalylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalyl prolylvalylglutaminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanyl arginylglutaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginyl valylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinyl prolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartylaspartylaspartylleucyl leucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryltyrosylglycyl arginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylserylarginyl alanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparaginyl arginylalanylalanylleucylprolylleucylasparaginylhistidyl leucylvalylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginyl alanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenylalanyl glycylisoleucylserylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysyl alanylalanylisoleucylaspartylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycyl alanylisoleucylserylglycylserylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisol eucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparaginylisoleucyl glutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylleucyl lysylvalylphenylalanylvalylglutaminylprolylmethionyllysyl alanylalanylthreonylarginylserine?

I've got you there. I found this cache last weekend. It is an active GC.com cache which I found at the posted coordinates. Your posting the word in the forums is merely a "pocket cache" find, which doesn't count for record purposes.

Reading the recent threads about record caching feats has left me feeling very inadequate. Why can't I have the most, the best, the biggest something? Then I realized, I can! We all can! So tell me the geocaching record you proudly hold and I will do something with it at some later time, promise!

I am now announcing my new record of the most use of the longest non-scientific word in the English language in one geocaching forum post. I believe my record stands on its own merit, as I've submitted proof with this claim. I'd like to thank my sponsors, my wife, my trainer, and all of you for your support during this record setting event. The geocoin is already being designed. Thank you all.

Sorry to inform you but the longest word in the english language is

Hyperpolysyliblisticperdendelist.

Yes it's a real word. It means: ones who uses big words.

Neither google nor dictionary.com come up with any results for "Hyperpolysyliblisticperdendelist". Therefore, I'm afraid you can't claim the record. But just in case you are right, my including Hyperpolysyliblisticperdendelist thrice in this response still means I hold the record.

Nice try, though. <_<

Neither google nor dictionary.com come up with any results for "Hyperpolysyliblisticperdendelist". Therefore, I'm afraid you can't claim the record. But just in case you are right, my including Hyperpolysyliblisticperdendelist thrice in this response still means I hold the record.

Nice try, though. :D

That didn't take long. <_<:D:D:P

I think you may have misspelled that! <_<

Regardless...I will proudly let you hold that record, as I am NOT about to look that one up!

Surely I must hold the record for finding the trail to the cache only after bushwacking for hundreds of feet to the cache, and finding the cache.

I'm sure there's tough competition for this record though.

~800ft for me. This cache Our route map is there under my caching partner's log. In hindsight, it's quite a comical story. That day...not so much. :laughing:

I have a knack for DNFing 1/1 caches. I'm special. :blink:

what? no one wants to try and break my record of spending time with 'the pig'? <_<

not only do i sleep with the pig, eat with the pig and spend every waking moment with the pig... I have to smell him all day long too!

I think JP has a "record" he could claim without much challenge.

I like to believe I hold the record for doing nothing extraordinary at all, ever, while searching for caches.

:P

:rolleyes: I didn't even remember starting this silly thread. but after reading my first post I did remember the silly claims I made. I have one more record, probably:

Most times getting stuck behind a locked gate while geocaching and having to call 911 to get me out (2).

I was actually letterboxing (close enough to Geocaching), but I got locked into a cemetery when they closed the gates (there's 3 I believe) about 10 minutes early. Don't they look around for cars? It's in my town and I've driven by hundreds of times though, and I remembered seeing the maintenance building gate unlocked at all hours of the day. Sure enough, I drove between a couple of buildings and turned a corner, and there it was, unlocked. Of course something like this needs to happen one more time to tie your record. :lol:

1,034 finds vs. 397 DNF's. That's roughly a 38% DNF rate. Gotta be a record for anyone over 1,000 finds.

Dude (or dudette), you have over 1,000 finds in well under a year? You're addicted like crack. :ph34r: I'll give you that one, I've probably logged 98% of my DNF's (which is quite uncommon), and I only have 332 with 2151 finds.

1,034 finds vs. 397 DNF's. That's roughly a 38% DNF rate. Gotta be a record for anyone over 1,000 finds.

Dude (or dudette), you have over 1,000 finds in well under a year? You're addicted like crack. :ph34r: I'll give you that one, I've probably logged 98% of my DNF's (which is quite uncommon), and I only have 332 with 2151 finds.

You were correct with dude. Yea, I log every single visit to GZ. I've logged 4 or 5 DNF's before finding a cache, sometimes. The rate is slowly declining. Check out my DNF Coin for chronological updates.

:rolleyes: I didn't even remember starting this silly thread. but after reading my first post I did remember the silly claims I made. I have one more record, probably:

Most times getting stuck behind a locked gate while geocaching and having to call 911 to get me out (2).

I was actually letterboxing (close enough to Geocaching), but I got locked into a cemetery when they closed the gates (there's 3 I believe) about 10 minutes early. Don't they look around for cars? It's in my town and I've driven by hundreds of times though, and I remembered seeing the maintenance building gate unlocked at all hours of the day. Sure enough, I drove between a couple of buildings and turned a corner, and there it was, unlocked. Of course something like this needs to happen one more time to tie your record. :lol:

I should clarify, it was not the SAME gate both times! :lol:

We think our team can proudly claim to hold the title of "Most Rubber Duckies Left as Swag in Geocaches," since we have been caching for five years, and for most of that time we have left our signature swag of cheap rubber duckie toys ordered from a certain overseas trading company in all the cache containers that could hold a prize of that size.

We even branched out into miniature duckies to be sure the smaller caches had the honor of hosting a VanDucks duckie. Since I notice in my most recent copy of the company's catalog that they have expanded their line of rubber duckies tremendously, I think we can even claim to be providing employment for a sizable group of Chinese citizens!

I know that my fellow geocachers will be impressed by our achievement, but we are very modest people and don't want to brag!

Ektually, the longest recognized English word is Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

This word was invented in 1935 by Everett M. Smith, president of the National Puzzlers' League, at its annual meeting. The word figured in the headline for an article published by the New York Herald Tribune on February 23, 1935, titled "Puzzlers Open 103d Session Here by Recognizing 45-Letter Word":

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis succeeded electrophotomicrographically as the longest word in the English language recognized by the National Puzzlers' League at the opening session of the organization's 103rd semi-annual meeting held yesterday at the Hotel New Yorker. The puzzlers explained that the forty-five-letter word is the name of a special form of silicosis caused by ultra-microscopic particles of silica volcanic dust...

Subsequently, the word was used in a puzzle book, Bedside Manna, after which members of the NPL campaigned to have it included in major dictionaries.[3]

This 45-letter word, referred to as P45,[4] first appeared in the 1939 supplement to the Merriam-Webster New International Dictionary, Second Edition.[5]

I now hold the record for using the longest English word in this thread. :D:P

I am going to claim the record for most caches found by anyone with my surname. Since it's a very obscure name and I know all of the other people in the world with my surname (seriously), and none of them are cachers, my claim is irrefutable. Unfortunately though, you're going to have to take my word for it as I'm not going to put my surname in this post! Ha ha. :D