Tightest And Most Generous Areas For Geocoins...

Having some time to kill I was looking through the first 10 pages of nearest geocaches including those I have found. I noticed that there were only two caches out of the 200 that indicated they contained a geocoin. That's from Greenwich, London. How do others do for geocoins in their areas? Is 1% good or bad?

Same as MM here in West London - 2 out of 200 hundred caches = 2%. It will soon be 3 out of 200 when i place this canadian coin i have in front of me in my local cache later this afternoon though B) .

Just waiting on some acrylic key tags dropping through my door and then i should be releasing some of the coins i have amassed so far out into the wild.

Edited to add - 200 caches takes you 6.6miles away for me - reckon about 60-75% of these caches are micros and virtuals though.

Edited by bhodisatva

first 10 pages 32 geocoins a white jeep and a yellow jeep Cumbria B)

Good Grief, thats quite a selection!

Within 10 pages - 6 coins, 1 of which is resident in a 5/5 night cache with two other coins, one is in a virtual ready for an caching event, leaving 2 to be easily picked up. A single yellow jeep was picked up yesterday and there are no other jeeps in the area.

Mark

Within 10 pages - 6 coins, 1 of which is resident in a 5/5 night cache with two other coins, one is in a virtual ready for an caching event, leaving 2 to be easily picked up. A single yellow jeep was picked up yesterday and there are no other jeeps in the area.

Mark

quiet alot of them are mine i have released nearly 90 geocoins since i started caching back in October. Also i have been swapping activated coins from me with other people to release over here.

I also took part in the great experiment to get geocoins out into the wild and in caches

Mark

quiet alot of them are mine i have released nearly 90 geocoins since i started caching back in October. Also i have been swapping activated coins from me with other people to release over here.

I also took part in the great experiment to get geocoins out into the wild and in caches

She's mad you know... B)

In response to my initial question "is 1% good or bad" I think I can say BAD!

So far, the most generous geocoin cachers appear to be up north:

Cumbria(ish) 16%

Edinburgh(ish) 9%

Durham(ish) 7.5%

Norwich(ish) 6%

Poole(ish) 5.5%

Huddersfield(ish) 4.5%

Lowestoft(ish) 4%

Thanet(ish) 4%

Inverness(ish) 3%

Chaotica Land 3% - sorry, do not know which area you are in

Ascot(ish) 2.5%

Perth(ish) 2%

London West(ish) 1%

Petersfield(ish) 1%

Greenwich(ish) 1%

Anyone care to comment on why this might be? Looks like Scaw could be working for the Cumbria Tourist Board <_<

I know that, of the coins I have released, none are in my area; two are in the USA; one is in Ireland; one in Wales and two are in England. What is good to see, though, is that people are entering into the spirit of the mission's that each coin has been given.

You been at the cooking sherry again!

try 22 travellers in nearest 200

:ph34r:

Pah! Nope, but think you might!! :D

Only Geocoins were asked for, and one is a Virtual in a micro which I didn't count!!!

OK you've both been on the sherry???

Just counted 11 (not including non-counting micro!)

Bit early in the day for so much drink wasn't it???? :anitongue:

200 caches takes us to 19.8 miles around south Cheshire. Within that radius there are 43 TB's and 8 assorted coins - 1 geocoin, 1 EU, 2 Welsh, 2 UK, 1 CC and 1 Not Another Micro! There would have a phone-a-friend coin as well but we've just picked that up - nice...

Out of the 72 IOM caches, 9 contain Geocoins (12.5%). One cache contains 9 Geocoins though, and another has 2 (shall I include those in the total to make it 26.4%?). Two of the coins are Moun10Bike :D .

There is also a white jeep and a yellow jeep.

Don't forget the IOM Event at the end of July!

HH

its a clear day and i can see the IOM from my garden over the sea and to think there is a Moun10Bike coin there *looks longingly at the sea* :)