Limies

Just got my first case of Lymes disease this week. Know exactly where I got the tick bite and even pulled the little critter off of me. For some strange reason knew immediately that this was the bite that would get me. This was the seventh one I pulled off of me.

Fortunately for me I appear to one of lucky people who immediately (within 7 days) display the classic bulls eye rash. Doctor took one look at my 3" diameter, ringed welt and declined to even do a blood test. "No need for that type of work up...I'll just get you hooked up with the antibiotics regardless of the blood work results".

So 21-days on medicine. Feel pretty lucky that I least got an early indication and that old Doc feels there shouldn't be any issues with this (due to the quick treatment). The bite location (on the front of my left shoulder) is pretty sore and sensitive and the lymph node in my armpit is the size fo a golf ball.

Just a reminder...DEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by RoyalRed

Last summer I had only one tick incident. I found the guy the day after caching in heavy brush and prime tick territory. He was moving from one place to another I guess - either that or had been on my clothes for a long time without sucking blood. In any event I spotted him on my hand while eating breakfast - moved him onto the table and squished the life out of him like the cold blooded killer i am.

Thankfully that was the only tick incident I have had over the past 4 years.

Just got my first case of Lymes disease this week. Know exactly where I got the tick bite and even pulled the little critter off of me. For some strange reason knew immediately that this was the bite that would get me. This was the seventh one I pulled off of me.

Fortunately for me I appear to one of lucky people who immediately (within 7 days) display the classic bulls eye rash. Doctor took one look at my 3" diameter, ringed welt and declined to even do a blood test. "No need for that type of work up...I'll just get you hooked up with the antibiotics regardless of the blood work results".

So 21-days on medicine. Feel pretty lucky that I least got an early indication and that old Doc feels there shouldn't be any issues with this (due to the quick treatment). The bite location (on the front of my left shoulder) is pretty sore and sensitive and the lymph node in my armpit is the size fo a golf ball.

Just a reminder...DEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear it. B) I'm glad you're getting quick treatment. I myself sweated out a Lyme tider test that came back negative.

It sounds like a joke, but look at the second line of my sig.... Gonna hafta sell the T-shirt some day....

Interesting less than 1/3 of cases of Lyme present with the Bull's eye rash so if you've been bitten by ticks and have any of the symptoms - you should go see your doctor immediately.

It is much much easier to treat early or suspected Lyme disease than it is to treat the late complications.

I too had one a few years ago. I caught him still feeding, in, well, in my "bathing suit area". I pulled the bastard off, went right to the medic, and got my superantibiotics. I havent had any problems at all, and that was in 2001. They catch it immediately, you're fine.