Approval Of Bc Caches?

guyanonymous

I finally hid my first geocache.

I'm just curious as to the average length of time it takes to get approved.

I recognize vollunteers do the work, so I'm not too worried, but would just like an approximation.

It's been ~5 days now.

If any of you can shed some light, I'd appreciate it.

thansk!

David

:laughing:

It all depends....

If it's a straightforward placement I would say that it should be listed in the next couple days. If however there is something 'unusual' about your cache it could take longer. If the cache was placed outside your general area it will also take longer. I've hidden a few now (so I know what it's like to wait anxiously while constantly checking my e-mail) and I've noticed that there is usually a regularity to when they get listed. eg: ones submitted on the weekend get listed on a Wednesday or thereabouts, ones listed during the week get listed on the weekend. That's my experience here on the Island anyways.

This looks like one to put on the "summer road trip cache to-do wish list". We have a TB called 'Creativity' that might like to visit here :lol: .

I'd never been to this area before...strange in that it's only ~80km from where I live.

For those trying to find it - the key is to go left when you hit the Alice Lake turnoff, rather than right into Alice lake.

There a number of camping spots along the river/creek some for larger groups, others for small ones. This is a spot we found while exploring.

Hmm, I tried to check it out and the page says its only available for viewing by paid subscribers with a premium account so it looks like this one is a pass for me. We do plan to upgrade to a premium membership but I was quite surprised that cache owners can choose who views/seeks cache as this is the first page I've seen like that.