Injuries

Today, while I was scouting out a new place for a cache, at the city park, I was attacked by a Hawk.

He swooped down, talons in my neck, pecked my head and flew away. As I was trying to make my way back to the car he cirlcled and attempted to attack again. I swang my clipboard, while running away but he/she was faster than I am. He /she didn't get another shot at me. Scarry!!!!

I'm going to guess that next to a hawk's nest isn't a good place to put your next cache. I've never heard of anything like that happening to anyone, but I can't imagine a hawk would attack you unless you were dangerously close to its nest.

I'm going to guess that next to a hawk's nest isn't a good place to put your next cache. I've never heard of anything like that happening to anyone, but I can't imagine a hawk would attack you unless you were dangerously close to its nest.

It belonged to the zoo and had aparently attacked at least 2 other people in the last week. They put it down today. They had built a new cage for it but it did not hold it.

I had a red tailed hawk build a nest in the rafters of my front porch once. We had to use the garage entrance most of the spring and well into the summer.

I finally posted a sign on the walkway leading to the porch so our visitors could avoid being attacked.

The university I work at is a nesting site for Missippi Kites (small falcon I believe). They are well known for attacking anybody who gets near their nests. University has to post signs every spring warning people to use caution in certain areas. They also like to nest at some of the area golf courses. Adds a new dimension to "Hazard".