Any Good Logs?

Most of the time log entries are rather short and bland, like “Nice hide”, “YAPIDKA”, or the all time great, “SL”. But every now and then there are some good ones. If you have some good log entries, please share with the class. They can humorous, impressive, just a good bit of prose. Let’s hear ‘em.

Let’s keep the civil, if we can. Please don’t reveal the cachers name without their permission. Also let’s have no off hand comments about other cachers or forum users.

Thanks folks and enjoy

Here's one from a cache in Alaska

"Went after this one this morning thinking a quick in and out and one more logged. Yeah right!!!! Came in from the wrong side of creek. Thought I could make it across, after all it's not that wide. The 'soild ground' I was standing on fell in to the creek, as ice is want to do, and I tumbled down with it. Luckly just one foot and one ungloved hand went into the freezing water. The rest of me landed with a thump on the hard berg I had carved away from the edge. Stand up, get across the creek, dust off the snow and get on with it. Followed the GPSr within 30' and then a blank screen. Should changed the batteries before I left the car. Now to hike back. This time all use the brigde. Oh well, a bad caching is better than a good day doing anything else. I shall return!!"

Here's my own last DNF from last weekend. The cache was removed the day before due to flooding and soaking wet contents (my hiking shoes are finally dry) :rolleyes::

Dang it!

The paperless cache info on my smartphone is 1 week old, and this cache was still active then. I thought about refreshing the info before leaving home this morning, but I didn't do it.

Needlless to say I DNF the cache! What's worse is I made my first approach from the adjacent wooded area, thru the marsh (what was I thinking?!). I realized this was probably bad idea after about 30 ft of hopping from clump to clump and 60 feet remaining to the cache with a stream between. I soaked my feet (to my knees) in the muck on my return to the woods. Doesn't get much better than that!! :unsure:

After returning from Dam It #3 with Leigh and the dogs (& my mud-soaked shoes), I noticed the trail to the right, on the peninsula. I was crawling around on hands and knees looking for that cache on that little bump of land. Nothing but a little heat-stroke was found today.

I have mixed feelings now reading that the cache has been disabled for maintenance. Happy there is a good explaination for not finding the cache, bummed because I was looking for nothing.

Oh well. Maybe I'll swing by in the future when the cache if replaced, now that I know right where to go.

D'oh!

Thanks for the fun, sorry to hear about the soggy cache (REALLY!)!

Edited by markp99

Not to be self-gratifying, but my log at BrianSnat's Great Falls of the Passaic sums up what geocaching is to me ....

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...d3-1a2efdf050eb

I loved that log and sent Eaglespirit an e-mail saying so.

Here was one of mine that has given a few people laughs (or so they told me via e-mail). It was a DNF and they often generate the best logs.

Edited by briansnat

this is one i posted for Jekyll Island Battery

I started at the listed cords for parking. Aw crap! Yah literally, crap right next to the truck. Luckily I missed it. Then headed out for cache. Gps in hand, sunglasses on head, travel bug in pocket. Holy cow at the skeeters! I proceeded to cache, whoa black snake! Ah man these skeeters are vicious! Found gun battery. Dangit don’t these things take a break? (trip fall) Hey what’s this? A survey marker. Cool! These bloodthirsty things are everywhere. I should have brought the camera. So back to the truck it’s only 480’ away. Dang it, (coughing) now I have swallowed skeeter. Back at truck, don’t step in that, retrieve camera. Head back to cache site. What the...? Lizards okay. I hope they are eating these skeeters. Finally take pics of gun battery and survey marker thru the skeeters. Sign log in blood from dead skeeters. Took a rock painted like a bee. Left Raymond the Rhino travel bug. Hope his hide fairs better than mine. Okay time to return to the truck and leave the skeeters. Whoa! Black snake again! Finally back to truck. Have a drink of water, crank truck put on sunglasses. Oh no! Where are my sunglasses? Dangit I got to go back thru the skeeters again. I rapidly return to cache jump over black snake. Swallow more skeeters. Find glasses next to survey marker where I tripped. Return to truck. Aw crap, didn’t miss it this time. Finally back in truck. Remove 3 ticks and evict remaining skeeters from truck. Man I must love this hobby!

cqedens137

I just got this logged on a new cache I placed recently....

[Well, we were FTF this one after the golfers.] As we were searching the spot of the cache, 2 golfers approached us on a golf cart asking if we were looking for a ball. When we said yes they said that a golfer had it at the club house. Evidently one of the golfers had lost his ball and his buddy threw him the cache. When he hit it they noticed something silver flying out of it. They opened the cache and the guy was going to log into the site and find out about it. [i guess our timing was pretty good.]

This is my all time favorite cache log from a recent finder of one of my caches

We had a very rough day caching our way back home from Bakersfield. Manage to eek out a few finds amidst all the dusty spidery bushes that I refused to dive into. Thanks.

The person found 40 caches that day and called it a "rough" day they must have had a flat tire! I can't wait til I can call a 40 find day a rough day.

Edited by fresgo

Drat19 has been here in Winston-Salem, NC a few times on business and I've become a big fan of his logs, especially the DNF's. Check out his adventure on this 2 star ammo can here in town. He found it a couple days later, but check out the DNF logs on August 24, 2004.

Walk in the Park

Another fun (at least for me) ordeal of his here in town started on the same day as the one above. Scroll down to August 24, 2004 to begin the fun on this one, too.

Keystone Caper Cache