Cheapest 76cx

Is there a reason that you want the 76 Cx over the 60csx?

Thanks for the site. I have a 76cs right now. I always have a spare compass with me when I go out and the altimeter doesnt really excite me. The cx over the csx is about 50 bucks cheaper. The 76 also floats and I use it in the boat and on the river quite a bit. The rebate is only good for the 76 so it is cheaper then the 60 (after the rebate). Since I already have a 76 I dont have to buy new mounts for it. The 76 also comes with a bigger chip, I know I could upgrade and will down the road but right now 128 will do.

ajmrozin

Edited by ajmrozin

Just curious, is there any reason not to buy a 76Cx instead of a 60Cx? I went to a sporting goods store today (which only had a 76C) to get a feel for the button placement. Didn't feel awkward to me at all, but different strokes for different folks.

With the $100 rebate, the 76Cx is a better deal since it has a larger card, floats, and appears to have a better basemap. None of these things are super important, but who's gonna complain if they get something better for less money?

Just curious, is there any reason not to buy a 76Cx instead of a 60Cx? I went to a sporting goods store today (which only had a 76C) to get a feel for the button placement. Didn't feel awkward to me at all, but different strokes for different folks.

With the $100 rebate, the 76Cx is a better deal since it has a larger card, floats, and appears to have a better basemap. None of these things are super important, but who's gonna complain if they get something better for less money?

I think the only major downside is the size. Its a pretty big unit. I'm also not crazy about the button placment, but some people actually prefer it.

I think the only major downside is the size. Its a pretty big unit. I'm also not crazy about the button placment, but some people actually prefer it.

I love the button placement on my 76CS. I can hold it in one hand and use the buttons with my thumb. Having the buttons on the top means the entire unit is resting in my hand for extrememly secure one-handed use.