Please Actually Read The Guidelines

I've seen more posts that I can shake a wet noodle at referencing "that e place", "that auction site", or "that place that shall not be named but rhymes with geeday".

The forum guidelines are clear about whether or not you can mention (actually link to) eBay regarding coin sales.

I quote from the guidelines here:

Links to Ebay sales of trackable geocoins are permitted, but only for unactivated coins or sales where the seller is the actual coin owner or the coin owner has granted explicit permission for the sale of their coin.

So please don't cause confusion to the new folks by thinking that you have to avoid mentioning eBay. As long as the coin is trackable, feel free. If the coin is not trackable than it is not to be promoted in any fashion, including the not-so-subtle references above.

I recommend that everybody (including those that have been around a while) go back and periodically re-read the guidelines. There may be updates posted up there (top of these boards in the pinned section) that don't always get mentioned in a seperate thread here.

Feel free to ask any clarifying questions in this thread, but do not use this as a place to debate the rule itself.

Carry on.

- FSM

I have a question, earlier there was a thread that was mentioning coins for sale over there. The coins in question where being sold in lots of 10 coins per lot. Some of these coins are trackable and some of the coins are not trackable.

What would be the standard protocol for a situation where the lot is mixed? Can it be mentioned and promoted?

I have a question, earlier there was a thread that was mentioning coins for sale over there. The coins in question where being sold in lots of 10 coins per lot. Some of these coins are trackable and some of the coins are not trackable.

What would be the standard protocol for a situation where the lot is mixed? Can it be mentioned and promoted?

My guess would be 'NO' since some of the coins do not met the above guidelines.

But then again I'm not pasta :)

I've seen more posts that I can shake a wet noodle at referencing "that e place", "that auction site", or "that place that shall not be named but rhymes with geeday".

Indirect references to ebay are common on other (non-geocaching) forums as well. It may not be so much trying to hide the name of that e-place as it is a common "game."

Shilo is correct. Mixing in non-trackable coins with the trackables does not meet the guidelines.

WOOHOOO, I was actually right for a change! :)

Do I get a free spaghetti dinner?? :rolleyes:

opps bad idea! I'll go back into my hole now ;)

YOU CANNIBAL!!! ACK!

I've got your back FSM! Not to worry!

:unsure:

OK accroding to the guidelines I can make a post about trading for my personal, non trackable coin. Can I make a thread to show the coins and let people know they are for trades only or am I only allowed to post them in the actual trade thread?

Yes, you can although the forum regulars will probably let you know that they prefer to keep trades in the trading thread pinned at the top.

Sad thing is... if I had stated that I had some personal reasons for saleling these coins, apparently it would have been ok (according to other threads).

But I have enough respect for myself to not publish my personal/financial issues online, so I decided to just say my coins were for sale. But since I haven't been arround here as long as others, I guess someone had to be made an example of.

Instead of deleting the thread, it could have just been moved to the Garage Sale forum since while not trackable, they are geocaching related.

Thanx.