Looking For Easier Way To Map Caches

DJ Family

I am rather new to this, BUT love it.

I have been doing all the searches from zip code search. But looking for easier way. Is there something I'm missing....can I look at a map of my area that has multiple caches shown.

Google uses a push pin symbol to mark each one. But I want to see one map that shows multiple "pins" and this way if I'm out I can go right in order from one to the next closest one.

How do you all do multiple searches, I have been printing a page for each cache and taking the page with me on my search. What am I doing wrong??? :laughing:

Oh, also I'm not that good with GPS yet, so I can't input several coordinates into it, YET. Plus I need the pages for hints.

I have been doing all the searches from zip code search. But looking for easier way. Is there something I'm missing....can I look at a map of my area that has multiple caches shown.

Google uses a push pin symbol to mark each one. But I want to see one map that shows multiple "pins" and this way if I'm out I can go right in order from one to the next closest one.

If you don't have Google Earth, you're missing out! It's an application that you need to download. (To find it just Google 'google earth')

Once you've downloaded it, you can download a geocaching plug-in, which you will find on the right toolbar of your profile page that will show all the caches in an area... like in the picture below. The lower half of the screen is an internet browser that opens the cache pages if you click on a particular cache icon.

Click on thumbnail below for the bigger version!

googleearth0mm.th.jpg

I LOVE this app! Is this what you were looking for?

edit: oops.. posted at same time as Briansnat... what he said :laughing:

Edited by tv free

If you don't have Google Earth, you're missing out! It's an application that you need to download. (To find it just Google 'google earth')

Once you've downloaded it, you can download a geocaching plug-in, which you will find on the right toolbar of your profile page that will show all the caches in an area... like in the picture below. The lower half of the screen is an internet browser that opens the cache pages if you click on a particular cache icon.

googleearth0mm.th.jpg

edit: oops.. posted at same time as Briansnat... what he said :laughing:

Wow! Thanks, this gives such a different perspective of things. Awesome........

I don't know if you use a mapping program like Delorme SA or Microsoft S&T. I get a PQ from geocaching.com and load it into GSAK, then I create the filter I want. Once that is done I then export a HTML file and the data file for the mapping program. Once you do that you can load your mapping program and see where the caches are and pull up the same page that you get from the website telling you about the cache, just not real time. I have played with Google Earth, but on a dial up connection it is ssllooww, so I went with the mapping software option.

googleearth0mm.th.jpg

edit: oops.. posted at same time as Briansnat... what he said :rolleyes:

I'M useing the free version of Google Earth. Where can I find geocaching plug-in?

googleearth0mm.th.jpg

edit: oops.. posted at same time as Briansnat... what he said :rolleyes:

I'M useing the free version of Google Earth. Where can I find geocaching plug-in?

See the link in my previous post.