Who Wants To Trade For An Activated Coin?

The first time I traded a coin was at an event with someone that had an activated coin. I didn't know about it. I was contacted by the owner of the event that the coin was still logged into the event. I sent the coin on, but now I try to verify with all trades I do that the coins are not registered. If they are registered, I'll only trade with the person that activated it.

If the coin is a GC trackable. Contact the current owner and have them send you an Adoption Request.

You can change any or all the owner/information/goals of the coin. It's quite painless. :)

Happy Caching

I don't think the person who traded w/ him is the owner! :laughing: If you get to adopt the coin, please consider not deleting the logs associated with. This happened to some coins that I had seen... I kind of thought it was rude of the new owner to do this, but to each's own I guess.

If the coin is a GC trackable. Contact the current owner and have them send you an Adoption Request.

You can change any or all the owner/information/goals of the coin. It's quite painless. :huh:

Happy Caching

I don't think the person who traded w/ him is the owner! :) If you get to adopt the coin, please consider not deleting the logs associated with. This happened to some coins that I had seen... I kind of thought it was rude of the new owner to do this, but to each's own I guess.

What I really meant was the current owner that is on the coins ID page. Not the person that had it in hand and did the trade.

(I knew what I was talking about... HeeHee :laughing: But as usual the rest of world doesn't have a clue what's rattling around in my brain! :) )

I was the infamous trader in the two for one deal, and I traded Scott a Groundspeak Volunteer coin. I was to understand that all the Volunteer coins were activated by the original volunteer who received them. I got that coin in a multi-coin trade from another cacher, who was not the owner either. I have since contacted Chaos about this matter, and I hope there are no hard feelings. I guess I assumed that Volunteer coins were known to be activated.

Oh, and let me be the first to say, the volunteer coin I have in my collection was given to me be a volunteer, and won't be leaving. :rolleyes:

And, I didn't email this to Scott yet . . . .

but as I sit here, Scott, I would certainly send you back your two coins if you are not happy with the way this works out.

Edited by The Moop Along

From the volunteer's that gave me the coins for myself and my dad I was told they had to activate them. I was allowed to adopt one and the other remains activated under the reviewers name. either way I was just glad to be able to aquire the 2 coins.

Actually I think a coin that has been activated by the owner that I am allowed to keep makes that coin more special.

Team Sand Dollar

Is the volunteer that OWNS the coin ok with it being keep and traded by other people?

If not and it is meant to travel than that is bad and those trades should have never been made.

If the owner is ok with others keeping/trading it, then I would consider it a prize to have in my collection.