Using Stealth When Muggles Are About

Yes it was me in my trannsit,i thought i would of been a complete give away seeing that i had my garmin,and pda on few view on the dash/front screen,but you have be to carefull when theres odd behaving folk wandering about with a mobile to their ear within feet of a cache :)

Nice to have not met you Mr GB Man :laughing:

Edited by The Great Defenders

With regard to using stealth when muggles are about - I would like to state, that IMHO, I think we either credit them with too much savvy or we are being over cautious to the point of paranoia.

Obviously, where retrieval requires climbing trees or diving into water or under bridges - this may draw unwanted attention to ourselves but some magnetic micros can be retrieved easily in full view of everyone without arousing suspicion.

Sometimes, being too cautious itself, draws unwanted attention.

Oss!

With regard to using stealth when muggles are about - I would like to state, that IMHO, I think we either credit them with too much savvy or we are being over cautious to the point of paranoia.

Obviously, where retrieval requires climbing trees or diving into water or under bridges - this may draw unwanted attention to ourselves but some magnetic micros can be retrieved easily in full view of everyone without arousing suspicion.

Sometimes, being too cautious itself, draws unwanted attention.

Oss!

Indeed "some" magnetic micros can be retrieved easily in full view of everyone without arousing suspicion - Although some of yours certainly do not fall into this catergory. lol - namely the one in Morrisons car park that is not easy to spot thus involving at least a 10-15 minute search looking like a complete wally. haha - now if you knew where it was then indeed it could be done with stealth, but due to what is near its hiding place makes you most definatly want to extend your search. :)

It is not always retrieving the cache that requires stealth, but looking through the box (especially when the contents are appealing to the younger members of the team) and signing the log... :)

One of the reasons why when i "grab" a cache i'll always try to move away from the immediate vicinity to look through the contents and sign the log. Think one of the best in plain view caches has got to be "the British library" micro. You will spot it from several feet away if you know it's there but wouldn't give it a second look if you didn't.

It is not always retrieving the cache that requires stealth, but looking through the box (especially when the contents are appealing to the younger members of the team) and signing the log... :ph34r:

Oh how true! I have no problems dealing with caches when on my own, but when the Badgers #3 and #4 are around it generally turns into a competition - who can retrieve the best tat?!?!?!

BTW, and apologies for asking this, what does Oss mean???

:)

Spelling errors.............

Edited by 4 Badgers

If looking for a micro or obscure dates etc I always put a hi-vis' jacket on, nobody takes a blind bit of notice of you even if you are crawling around on all fours!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Nick

I've used that method when looking for obscure OS surface blocks, bolts & rivets that have become 'buried' in roadside verges. Usually armed with an OS engineer's sketch map, my mate and I have even stopped the traffic while we use a couple of 100ft tape measures to get the location from whatever reference points have been indicated on the map. Then we dig up the verge.... nobody bats an eyelid!! :laughing::rolleyes:

.... armed with an OS engineer's sketch map .... use a couple of 100ft tape measures to get the location from whatever reference points have been indicated on the map .... dig up the verge.... nobody bats an eyelid!! <_<:laughing:

Did this yesterday and can confirm that it works. Mind you I had a mate who worked for B* M*n*r*l* in the southwest a few years ago, using the cover story that they were taking samples for a storage facility all went well until someone put 2 and 2 together to make 7 and with rumbles about nuclear waste emerging there were slapped writs* all round. :anicute:

{* think that should have been been wrists :rolleyes: }

Edited by Jango & Boba Fett