Canadian Geopub Quiz

Couparangus

I'll guess "dot" as I've only ever heard it called that.

However, I don't think the last 2 questions follow the intent of the original post:

"Here's how it works. I'll ask a question and the person whom answers correctly will ask the next question and when that's answered correctly will in turn post another question etc. To keep it within topic I suggest the questions fall into one or more of these loose categories:

- Geocaching

- Navigation

- Geomatics/graphy/physics etc

- The Canadian hiking experience

- Cycling, Canoeing, Kayaking or any other means of arriving at a cache.

- Camping

No cheating now, that includes Googling for the answers!"

Darn, and my g/f just threw out my boating Ontario book, cause she didn't want to pay the going price for the card! :lol:

Actually, if I am not mistaken, the regulation, ie. CRC, Vol. XVII, c. 1487 does not specify how large the bailing bucket must be. It only specifies that a bailer must be carried, if the boat is not equipped with a manual water pump.

I may be wrong here, or out of date. I used to grade the boater exams, long long time ago. :)

Edited by Team Magic

that's easy? 750 ml

No takers on Binrat's question so I'll ask the next (easy) one. :mad:

Q: What is the minimum capacity in ml of the bailing cup required in small watercraft?

Aww, so much for my micro bailer safety kit idea using a 35mm film can, nylon thread, mini whistle and an LED keychain light.

TOMTEC

GPS 100 $2,500 US

I am gonna get this topic back on track.

What was the name of the first GPS Receiver produced by Garmin and how much did it cost?

Binrat

Good job dragonflys! I had the answer within a hour but seeing Binrat is my bother I had to step back ha ha

here's a little more info on that GPS

The company’s first product was a GPS receiver called the GPS 100, a panel-mounted receiver aimed at the marine market, and sold for $2,500 US dollars. It debuted at the 1990 International Marine Technology Exposition in Chicago. The product was an instant hit and generated a backlog of orders for 5,000 units.

I am not sure if I can stretch couperangus' definition of boating this far, but I will give it a go.

1) In Ontario, is it legal to have more than the daily limit of any gamefish in your boat at any one time?

2) State which fishing law allows/disallows your answer.

1) sure, but why would you buy that much fish at the store?

2) Quantum Hilbert state - physical system is specified by a non-zero vector

I am not sure if I can stretch couperangus' definition of boating this far, but I will give it a go.

1) In Ontario, is it legal to have more than the daily limit of any gamefish in your boat at any one time?

2) State which fishing law allows/disallows your answer.

1) No

2) The Fisheries Act

Well, the first part is wrong, and the second part is partially wrong. I suppose that means the next to answer should be at least half right? :D

1) YES

2) THE FISHERIES MANAGEMENT ACT

???

Part one is yes, part two is based on Ontario's addendum's to the fisheries act.

Either this question is not widely enough based, or it just means no one has an interest. I pass the gauntlet to BRETTIOP.

BTW, under the Ontario Catch And Retain rules, any fish alive and healthy enough to be released in a live well is not considered part of the daily limit. The caveat is that a live well must be an integral part of the boat's hull, and aerated. Once you leave the water, the live well is no longer a live well. :)

Go to it, BRETTIOP.