Bolivia: named for General Simon Bolivar who led the fight against Spain

Colombia : named for Christopher Columbus

Nicaragua : No idea.

Saudia Arabia : named after King Saud who unified many of the Arab tribes

Philippines : Named for Spain's King Phillip

Great minds think alike. His is just faster! :P

Edited by bobbarley

Saint John NB you got 'er TM

OK, another fairly easy one for the serious explorers.

With only your own smarts, and the sun, how would you estimate the height of a cliff before attempting the climb?

I would stand in the sun outside the shadow of the cliff, look at how long my shadow is, then look at how long the shadow the cliff is casting is. (Obviously, this doesn't work if the cliff faces the sun).

If the shadow of the cliff is twice as long as my shadow, then the cliff is twice my height. I may climb that if good holds are available...

Anything higher than that and I'm not climbing without proper safety gear :)

I would stand in the sun outside the shadow of the cliff, look at how long my shadow is, then look at how long the shadow the cliff is casting is. (Obviously, this doesn't work if the cliff faces the sun).

If the shadow of the cliff is twice as long as my shadow, then the cliff is twice my height. I may climb that if good holds are available...

Anything higher than that and I'm not climbing without proper safety gear :P

We have an immediate winner!

OK, next one to The red-haired witch.

OK, next one to The red-haired witch.

Oooops, I have to get it just when I'm about to lose Internet access for 4 days. An easy question then :

In the Garmin line of GPS, the Colorado was the brand new thing to have last year. Now, rumors are floating of a new GPS coming soon, with a 3 inch touch screen, full Wherigo functionality and other drool inducing features. What's the name of this GPS?

In the Garmin line of GPS, the Colorado was the brand new thing to have last year. Now, rumors are floating of a new GPS coming soon, with a 3 inch touch screen, full Wherigo functionality and other drool inducing features. What's the name of this GPS?

The "Mortgage The House, Sell The Kids, Pawn Your Mother-In-Law To Be Able To Afford Another Untested Toy GPS". :P

The oregon... or as alot will say - WHAT?!? I save my money for a Colorado only to have it surpassed less than a year later by the same company?!?!?

Yes, the Oregon. That was the correct answer.

Are any of you still really suprised that electronic companies keep coming up with a new model every year? Computer, phone or GPS, it's been the pattern for a while now, and I don't think its gonna change (that is how they make money after all).

Not sure what's going on, so I'll keep the ball rolling with another question...

As I said in my post, no internet access for a few days. I'm back now, but I don't know the answer to your question :blink: