Canadian Geopub Quiz

Couparangus

Let's switch to television trivia.

What was the first television series featuring a paramedic type team?

"Emergency" but I don't think that question fits the guidelines? Check the first post and do another if you want.

Sorry, I messed up on that one! BTW, Emergency was 30 years after the first TV series. <_<

OK, on topic Which geocache named for a waterfall, is closest to the third highest waterfall in Canada?

It's not my question but may I give a hint to the location of the falls that I would say are 3rd highest?

It's well marked on the BC Parks map which we made. I didn't answer because it seems like conflict of interest ;) .

Let me know if you want the linky thingy to the downloadable BC Parks PDF file :) . These are really handy to use alongside a GPS, especially when printed on Rite in the Rain paper to stuff in a backpack or pocket.

Well it seems I can find the falls but not the geocache... blasted plastic in the woods got the better of me again!

The Hunlen Falls are in Tweedsmuir (South) Provincial Park and it looks like they have all sorts of room for more caches nearby :) !

Hunlen Falls is the third highest falls in Canada, and the nearest cache named after a falls is quite a few kilometers from there. So, part one of the question is right.

Well it seems I can find the falls but not the geocache... blasted plastic in the woods got the better of me again!

The Hunlen Falls are in Tweedsmuir (South) Provincial Park and it looks like they have all sorts of room for more caches nearby :) !

Hunlen Falls is the third highest falls in Canada, and the nearest cache named after a falls is quite a few kilometers from there. So, part one of the question is right.

A FALLS... is this a trick question?? :D:) ...

Edited by Landsharkz

I have no issue using Geocaching to find the answers to questions. The reality is some of them you'd be hard pressed to find without it. Like which cache was the 16th in Canada and is still active? :lol: That's not a new questions, but one that only I would know the answer to without using online tools. :) C-A

Good try, Dano, but no cigar. Perhaps I should pass the torch and let someone else have a question?

P.S., Try looking about 20 km or so west.

I just had to re-read the question. Closest cache named after a falls (I was going for the closest cache).

The closest cache to the west is MiniMedby Cache, but that's 48km away.

Here are all the caches with Hunlen Falls as the centre point (unless I got the position wrong?).

NAME THAT CACHE!

Yes, another name the cache question. But don't fret, because any Canadian can get this one. All you have to do is identify the location, find it on your map, and search for the cache. Or maybe you live there and just know the answer.

The location is a world-famous site, which the structure on top commemorates. But you do need to take the long way around to get to the cache.

signalhill2.jpg

(Don't name just the location!)

Is that's Piglets Bottomless Pit Cache near Signal Hill?

Yes, it is Piglet's Bottomless Pit Cache on the side of Signal Hill, St. John's, Newfoundland. The water is the opening leading into St. John's harbour, and the picture is taken from Fort Amherst.

The structure on top is Cabot Tower built in 1897 to commemorate the 400th anniversary of Cabot's discovery of the Rock. In 1901, Marconi received the first trans-Atlantic wireless message from the top of Signal Hill, near the tower.

You could row a dory into the crack at water level, but then some geocacher might throw a rock down on your head from above just to hear the amazing echoes and final splash.

Over to Bobbarley!

Ok, where is the following picture taken and what cache is hidden here.

ca213f2c-6216-4099-b588-a4a3dfd3f414.jpg

Binrat

Too easy, Binrat!

That's Century Sentry, near the playing field at RMC in Kingston.

edit: I could even point out the cache location in that picture.

DING DING DING, We have a winner.......

Take it away Team Magic.

And yes, I bet you could point out where this evil cache is.

I took a chance as the picture does have a few clues in it as to where it is.

Binrat

DING DING DING, We have a winner.......

Take it away Team Magic.

And yes, I bet you could point out where this evil cache is.

Binrat

So sorry, but that is one cache that I will not forget doing. It took me all of 15 minutes to locate, but the setting is fantastic.

OK, next question:

What is the most northerly (by latitude) cache currently listed in Canada, and how many finders has it had?

Oh I know that one :huh: But I have an unfair advantage so I will disqualify myself

Ducky, I made an assumption while reading that statement, so I sneaked a peek at your profile.

I wouldn't call that an unfair advantage, I would call it a reason to be proud. Go ahead and post the answer if you want.

alrighty here we go

Your in a open field and you just used some rocks and logs that contrast in color with the ground your on to make a 3m high parallel lines

II

The question is why did you do this and what do you hope to achieve?

alrighty here we go

Your in a open field and you just used some rocks and logs that contrast in color with the ground your on to make a 3m high parallel lines

II

My first assumption would be that you are creating some sort of parrellax gateway. The reason eludes me right now, but I will think on it. :)

alrighty here we go

II

Oh Oh! Yer buildin' a toll booth! Yeah! To slow up the posse.

Has anybody got a dime?

Somebody's gotta go back and get a s***load of dimes!

Ducky is my Brother, blood is thicker than water...........unless the water is frozen.

I got no hints from him AT ALL, so I pulled out my trusty Boy Scout manual and soon had a answer.

SEND MEDICAL SUPPLIES

This is a Air Search Signal

Binrat

Edited by Binrat

Ducky is my Brother, blood is thicker than water...........unless the water is frozen.

I got no hints from him AT ALL, so I pulled out my trusty Boy Scout manual and soon had a answer.

SEND MEDICAL SUPPLIES

This is a Air Search Signal

Binrat

Binrat got it more or less, he only forgot why he was using this signal. Your up Binrat

That's where we buried the Captain.

now that's funny

OK, this sounds like sibling rivalry is rampant among geocachers as much as in real life. :)

My brother just sits back and let's me make fun of him on the forums.

OK, so Al Capone was the only famous gangster to ever venture north of the Canadian border, and the town he was reputed to visit was Quadeville, Que, so it makes sense that the answer to your question would be GCVY30, Al Capone's Quadeville Hideout?