Canadian Geopub Quiz

Couparangus

This thread is dropping too far down the page so I decided to answer the question (hopefully) and get the thread to the top of the page. Madame X is a peregrine falcon that nests on one of Hamilton's hotels.

You are correct. If you want to check out the webcam on top of the Sheridan and see the history of the peregrine falcon in hamilton here is the link http://falcons.hamiltonnature.org/

It is the international by venturer. When I first visited this cache I noticed that the clear cut that marked the border, when extended across the prairie, seemed to be behind us when we were at the cache. This cache is located in an area that has a seasonal closure because of the birds breeding in that area. Great place to come and sit and listen to all the bird songs. On to you bobbarley.

There is a brass cap further up the hill located by the cairn marking the Canadian/USA border. It's a few hundred yards away if I remember correctly.

9th hole is on the other side of the border?

That is part of the answer. If you play the 9th hole what happens?

Does it involve border security, chopsticks, body cavity searches, marshmallows, and/or bowling balls?

If it's the answer I think you're aiming for, you should clarify what time of the year we're playing at!

TOMTEC

9th hole is on the other side of the border?

Does it involve border security, chopsticks, body cavity searches, marshmallows, and/or bowling balls?

If it's the answer I think you're aiming for, you should clarify what time of the year we're playing at!

TOMTEC

No, no, maybe these days, yes and good golly no.

During the operating season.

You have to set your watch forward an hour.

dave

Your getting closer. You don't actually have to set you watch forward being that most of the course is in Saskatchewan.

Edited by bobbarley

Sorry I lapsed. I was out of province.

I will let the first person to post ask the next question.

The answer to mine is:

Your tee shot in Canada lands in another country(US) an hour later.

The ninth green is the only one in the states as well as the club house.

Edited by bobbarley

The answer to mine is:

Your tee shot in Canada lands in another country(US) an hour later.

I don't see how that is fundamentally different from what I answered. :unsure:

Anyway, here's the next question. There is a sequence of people, places, or things that begins

Arona

Bloom

Caye

Deer

Exira

Firdale

Who, what, or where is this?

dave

The first letters of these words are A, B, C, D, E, F... sounds like the start of the alphabet to me

Edited by shearzone

Hint: It was introduced to Peter Pond in 1778 and Alexander MacKenzie used it in 1793 to reach the Pacific Ocean 12 years before Lewis and Clark.

This is totally a guess with some help from Wikipedia, is it Prince Albert, Sask.? :mad:

Sorry, although Prince Albert sits on the North Saskatchewan and play significant roles in early times it is not the answer.

This portage joins the Churchill River system with the the Mackenzie River System.

Hint: It was introduced to Peter Pond in 1778 and Alexander MacKenzie used it in 1793 to reach the Pacific Ocean 12 years before Lewis and Clark.

This is totally a guess with some help from Wikipedia, is it Prince Albert, Sask.? :ph34r:

Sorry, although Prince Albert sits on the North Saskatchewan and play significant roles in early times it is not the answer.

This portage joins the Churchill River system with the the Mackenzie River System.

The legendary Methye Portage (also known as Portage La Loche)

OK I know its not a "geo" type question, but here goes:

With the Boston Marathon only a week a way it prides itself as the oldest Marathon in North America with the first race on April 19 1897. What North American road race is three years older?

If no one responds, I'll try a new question.

With the Boston Marathon only a week a way it prides itself as the oldest Marathon in North America with the first race on April 19 1897. What North American road race is three years older?

The Cannonball Run!

The Cannonball Run!

Funny, but not correct :rolleyes: