Canadian Geopub Quiz

Couparangus

OMG! It was right? I was gonna say I can see where the driveway is too :)

I love answering these but now I need to come up with a fun or challenging question and that's the hard part 'cause y'all are so darned brilliant and all the good ones have been asked :) .

OK, instead of baking cookies for school next week I'll go assume a yoga pose by the pond and try to formulate a suitable question :P .

Helen

I almost toppled into the pond I was out there so long :) .

So... it's getting dark outside... and you're out walking....

How long does it take for your natural night vision to fully develop?

I'll accept the closest answer plus or minus 5 minutes to the answer in the reference book I'm using.

p.s. Mr. Landsharkz took a stab in the dark (pun intended) and was WAAAAAY out :) .

I almost toppled into the pond I was out there so long :) .

So... it's getting dark outside... and you're out walking....

How long does it take for your natural night vision to fully develop?

I'll accept the closest answer plus or minus 5 minutes to the answer in the reference book I'm using.

p.s. Mr. Landsharkz took a stab in the dark (pun intended) and was WAAAAAY out :) .

20 minutes.

Didn't realize by answering the question correct I'd get to ask the next one. Went to see what would be acceptable for a question and then came up with this. Here goes.

When talking about Bear Paw, Beaver-Tail and Alaskan, what are you talking about?

Snowshoes.

Pfft....that's not it...they are all foods at the carnival!!!!

I'm going to shift gears a bit. Hopefully this question is acceptable, but it does relate directly to the title of the thread (hint hint).

Groups of geocachers routinely gather together and many ingest some combination of the following things:

• acacia gum
  • activated carbon
  • aluminum silicate
  • bentonite
  • calcium silicate
  • cellulose
  • China clay
  • diatomaceous earth
  • gelatin
  • isinglass
  • magnesium silicate
  • Nylon 66
  • polyvinylpolypyrrolidone
  • silica gel
  • wood shavings (beech, cherry, hazelnut, oak)
  • polyvinylpyrrolidone,
  • ammonium persulphate
  • dimethylpolysiloxane
  • hydrogen peroxide
  • and more!

What is it they are doing?

Edited by danoshimano
On a regular cross-country mountain bike (XC)

Hmm, you might want to get a bit more specific than that, as there really is no official standard... I have factory XC bikes from 1994 through 2006 and each has a different stock gearing configuration. Not to mention the "Mega Range" cassettes that began appearing on entry level XC bikes for those who were still unable to climb hills, even with a 20 tooth granny!

Then again, maybe I just like causing trouble... nana.gif

TOMTEC

Then what about a twin Shimano Deore LX?? :lol:

Deore LX comes in various flavours, too. You'd have to specify the model number. :lol:

Okay, I'll take a stab at the answer for the rear cassette: I think older models had 11 to 28 or 11 to 30 teeth. I think newer (9-speed) models have a bigger granny ring, up to 34 teeth, but I am sure you can get a model with a 32 tooth granny. So, my answer for the back is from 11-28 to 11-34.

Maybe Tomtec can take a run at the crank rings, but I am pretty sure my middle ring has 32 teeth, but it's a Race Face crankset, not a Deore LX.

Mine has 22-32-42, and 11-32

My race bike from 1999 (I think '96 too) had that gearing, and 11-32 is probably the most common rear cassette available these days. I think most newer race bikes are coming with 22-32-44 rings on the crank, though on my XC full suspension "fun" bike I dropped the big ring and run 24-34-Bash Ring to keep things interesting.

TOMTEC