Canadian Geopub Quiz

Couparangus

867-979-6666

Atleast you're on the right track... everyone else seems to like random number strings. Though HELP and RCMP could work, they are quite complex for speedy dialing. (I know, 867-979-XXXX ain't that quick either, but what can you do?)

TOMTEC

An excellent "Jenny" (867-5309) cache when in Vegas is "GCJJFE"

Was a really great set up....

Or how about this canadian one http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...12-dc02946651a3

That one is interesting, and the decoding part isnt that hard. A pretty good tie in. Grew up in ND, and if I am back in that area will have to take a crack at it. Thanks....

Vegas Cache was well thought out, and requires knowledge of song to "unlock", although finding it was very easy.

867-979-1111

You got it!

Now everyone go load it on your cell phone just in case you feel like flying to Iqaluit for a FTF!

:rolleyes: That's clever, using the same sort of number that the the pizza company uses.

dave

Next question: What is the percentage of pizza related injuries in calls to emergency services, in Iqaluit?

;)

Edited by Juicepig

867-979-1111

You got it!

Now everyone go load it on your cell phone just in case you feel like flying to Iqaluit for a FTF!

:rolleyes: That's clever, using the same sort of number that the the pizza company uses.

dave

Next question: What is the percentage of pizza related injuries in calls to emergency services, in Iqaluit?

;)

0, The Pizza Hut number there is 867-979-2961 :(

Ok Next question.

How about some urban geography.

What three models make up the "Shevsky-Bell" model?

If you can remeber the names feel free to describe the models.

For the clueless theses three models discribe how a city will grow and expand outward.

1. Shevsky

2. Bell

3. umm... can't remember

Nope :sad:

would one of the models be a star pattern, where the city expands along transportation lines like subways or trains or in today's world of hiways

Not a star in the traditional drawing (pointed) sense

Hint: All three have the CBD (Central Business District) at the centre.

I don't know much about the first two but my Googling would tend to indicate they are one in the same. As for the 3rd, I couldn't find a reference to it. Let's give it another day and move on.

Cheers!

C-A

Thought one of your original rules was "no googling" :huh::rolleyes:

Thought one of your original rules was "no googling" :):blink:

I think that only applies if you actually intend to answer the question... whistle.gif Once someone has given up, and wishes to know the answer, I don't think we have to regulate what they do on the internet. :(

I guess it's time for another question... Should we impose a 3 day no answer time limit in the rules? (Uh, that's not the question, that's more of a general survey)

TOMTEC

That is correct. I wasn't going to answer the question if I found the answer Googling, JDandDD. :)

I like the way Tomtec thinks. Let's adopt this approach. If we're not making headway after 3 days, its time for a new question.

I say we give the next question to Danoshimano for being the closest.

Cheers!

C-A

But you asked where the tidal power plant was. :unsure:

I think it is in the Bay of Fundy?

It is OK though.

Since I don't live anywhere near the Bay of Fundy I really don't know any town names to guess with. <_<

I should have been more specific. :P

Yes its in that area, take a guess anyway (hint: it used to be a capital)

And nope its not Saint John.

... or St. Stephen

Edited by QuigleyJones

Thought one of your original rules was "no googling" :P<_<

I think that only applies if you actually intend to answer the question... whistle.gif Once someone has given up, and wishes to know the answer, I don't think we have to regulate what they do on the internet. :unsure:

I guess it's time for another question... Should we impose a 3 day no answer time limit in the rules? (Uh, that's not the question, that's more of a general survey)

TOMTEC

It was just a gentle joke and rib on my part. :( Struck me as humorous that CA would google given the OP of this topic. I knew he wasn't answering.

Like your suggestion about the 3 days as well.

JD

Edited by JDandDD

One of the largest impact craters still preserved on the surface of the Earth is located in Canada. What is it's name and in which province is it located? Bonus points if you know the approximate age.

Manicouagan crater in Quebec can be seen from space. Age? I'll guess Triassic?