Canadian Geopub Quiz

Couparangus

Do I get "A NEW CAR!"? :laughing:

Ok..

When (precise date: year-month-day) did the Soviet Union launch Sputnik – the world's first satellite?

Popular misconception here. The first satellite was launched from Scotland, when Shamus McDuffin sliced his tee-off on the third hole. Well, he did say he never saw it come back down....

As for the Russians.. Hmmm. No idea so I'll get out the old dart board and say.... June 5 1966.

It was in 1957 shortly before my Birthday which is October 24 so my guess guess would be Sept 24 and a guess it is as I really have no idea of the date, lucky I remembered the year

Since I won't have time to check on the other answers, this one is close enough.. precise date is October 4, 1957.

Take it away VO2WW!

I remember that day, it was in downtown toronto, all hell broke loose, cars where left on the highway here and there, nothing was moving, panic was setting in... oh wait, that was only a few inches that fell... :P

Are you sure you're not thinking of downtown Vancouver?

Actually, truth is that it does not matter where you are in this great expanse of a country: When the first bunch of white stuff falls -- even in areas that get lots -- there are copious amounts of automobile accidents. The media likes to blame it on "the weather" when in reality the blame lies with the drivers who should be slapping themselves on the forehead and saying something along the lines of "DOH! Now I remember from last year! That stuff is SLIPPERY!" :D

(BTW, no answer to the question, because I have no idea!)

Woo HOO!

OK - Corky and the Juice pigs (No relation) wrote songs like "the pandas must die", and "Dolphin Boy" (who gets eaten by the animals he so loves). They also wrote a song about two canadian gameshow hosts who wore beautiful down-filled coats from sears, and wanted to spend all their time in beutiful downtown (XXX)

Name the city, If your pulling out your darts choose only the ones from Ontario.

Edited by Juicepig

Woo HOO!

OK - Corky and the Juice pigs (No relation) wrote songs like "the pandas must die", and "Dolphin Boy" (who gets eaten by the animals he so loves). They also wrote a song about two canadian gameshow hosts who wore beautiful down-filled coats from sears, and wanted to spend all their time in beutiful downtown (XXX)

Name the city, If your pulling out your darts choose only the ones from Ontario.

Since one of the members of the group is from Peterborough - I will guess Peterborough

-Donna G

oh big cities! not like the lovely towns of snowball and moosenee.

I'll toss one...it stuck in at hamilton

If you don't want to make up more questions you have to start getting them right!

Two canadian gameshow announcers meet on the street

Hi bob, how are you?

Just fine bill. but i see you have put on a little weight, ever since you got your brand new mcdonald coupons!

Available at mcdonald's franchises across canada. but i've seen you cruising down the street- in your brand new coat!

Yes! it's a beautiful down-filled coat from sears, bill. good against all the ravages of the winter weather. but again, that is nothing- compared to where you're going!

Beautiful downtown hamilton! i'll be spending seven days and two sensuous nights at the beautiful hamilton motor inn, overlooking absolutely nothing.

Bring your own lunch and dinner, bill.

Your go Reign

Noone yet - It is an actual city though (not like snowball or moosenee.. but that would have been funny)

Excuse me? Snowball has an official sign, a donut shop, and a gas station (among other things). What is it about Snowball that you find not real? And it's in Central Ontario, too. Next time you're passing through and need a coffee, you won't be so quick to dust off Snowball.

Noone yet - It is an actual city though (not like snowball or moosenee.. but that would have been funny)

Excuse me? Snowball has an official sign, a donut shop, and a gas station (among other things). What is it about Snowball that you find not real? And it's in Central Ontario, too. Next time you're passing through and need a coffee, you won't be so quick to dust off Snowball.

Metropolitan Snowball honours it's founder, Lisa Simpson! :laughing:

Metropolitan Snowball honours it's founder, Lisa Simpson! :)

Snowball lacks a geocache, and hence is ignorable :D

as for snowball lacking a cache...that can be remedied...then I gather it's status in the eyes of juicepig shall be raised and the world will be a better place :ph34r:

Maybe Juicepig himself can place a cache in Snowball to atone for his slam against the good citizens of that city... er, Hamlet.

hehe - I was actually thinking about it. Wait until more snow falls, and I will see what i can do :ph34r: