Ok then..

1 - Buzz Aldrin

2 - Amelia Earhart

3 - Karl Dönitz

yay!

you're up

Oh well.. here goes.

We all know there are more now, but..

In what year was the full constellation of 24 GPS satellites in orbit declared fully operational?

1995?

Correctomundo!

Take it away!

Correctomundo!

Take it away!

Ok I really didn't think I was gonna get that one. Score one for the dartboard :drama:

Let's see now, what do I have up my sleeve for the next question....

Q: What year did Tupperware first hit store shelves?

Tupperware has never been sold in stores!

Tupperware has never been sold in stores!

Yes it was... back in the late 1940's before the "Tupperware Party" became successful. I believe Tupperware's "Burping" seal was patented back in 1947, so that's going to be my best guess!

TOMTEC

Hey NorPeng, you have to admit that the liklihood of anyone knowing this is so remote that you may want to give a bit of a hint. <_<

I'll guess 1946, assuming Tomtec is correct (and not funnin' with us) and it took a year to get a patent on burping.

1946 is the correct date that Tupper Plastics first hit the hardware and department store shelves, and the patent came the next year. In 1951 Earl Silas Tupper pulled all of it off the store shelves in favour of Tupperware Parties, later to become known as Geocaching Supply Parties.

Over to you......

I forgot where Tomtec works, of course he'd know this kind of thing! :unsure:

He he, yeah, I like to have fun figuring ways to get around those pesky patents... Though that one has been expired for a while now. I was dissapointed when nobody expressed interest in the "Farting" seal I developed. Seems it just wasn't that attractive for the average user! "...no hunny, that wasn't me... it's this darn TOMTECware container again!" <_<

TOMTEC

Okay, what I did was come up with local wildlife questions I knew the answers to, but to be safe verified them on-line. <_<

Q1: What percentage of spiders are poisonous?

Q2: What is the loudest frog in southern Ontario (and probably most of the country) ?

Q3: Ontario has only one indigenous lizard, what is it?

Q4: What is the average lifespan of a snapping turtle?

Q5: What kind of milk does the Eastern Milk Snake drink?

Whoever posts the last correct answer will be the winner. So if you only know the answer to one and the other

four are answered correctly you can still win!

Q1: Eeek... uh 12%?

Q2: That's gotta be Kermit... he never shuts up! :rolleyes:

Q3: The one in the Geico commercial... wait, a Gecko is a Lizard right?

Q4: Halfway across the road... :o

Q5: Chololate

Did I win? I think that's the least correct answers...

Oh wait, you wanted the last correct answer.

In that case the game is still wide open! :rolleyes:

I've got nothing....

TOMTEC

Q2: What is the loudest frog in southern Ontario (and probably most of the country) ?

I don't have them all, but I'll try to help...

A1: 0% even if most people don't eat spiders, they are all edible... I think :rolleyes:

(If you meant how many spiders have a poisonous bite, I think that's 100%, though the poison is usually not dangerous to humans, only to the small critters they hunt.)

A2: The bullfrog.

A3:

A4: 40 years.

A5: It doesn't drink milk.

Edited by The red-haired witch

Okay, what I did was come up with local wildlife questions I knew the answers to, but to be safe verified them on-line. :rolleyes:

Whoever posts the last correct answer will be the winner. So if you only know the answer to one and the other

Q1: The dead ones

Q2: Signal

Q3: Cache Lizzy Cache

Q4: The time elapsed until it dies

Q5: Parmalat, 1% Omega-3

:rolleyes:

Okay, what I did was come up with local wildlife questions I knew the answers to, but to be safe verified them on-line. :laughing:

He steps up to the plate and takes another swing.....

Q2: No idea, but I'm willing to bet they can be found at that Creditview Wetland cache in Mississauga

Q3: I know we have Salamanders, are those considered to be lizards?

Q4: 100 years?

Good college try, NP. But I don't think you took wildlife studies at college. No, that other type of wild life doesn't count. :laughing:

I'll give a hint or three...

Q2: You're almost certainly correct. Its the frog you never see.

Q3: I can't give a hint here, there's only one!

Q4: You're close.

Q2 - spring peepers - they never shut up at night!

Q4 - we have these near our cottage, and unless a car gets them I'd swear they never pass away!

Q2 - that is correct! The only frog, I'm told, that you can hear a mile away (1.6km for imperial impaired folks)

Q4 - that's correct too, but I'm looking to quantify the years. Take a stab at it, I'll give it to anyone if they're within 10 years either way (largely because I've since found several conflicting numbers but all seem to be within the same range).

Q4 - we have these near our cottage, and unless a car gets them I'd swear they never pass away!

Q2 - that is correct! The only frog, I'm told, that you can hear a mile away (1.6km for imperial impaired folks)

Q4 - that's correct too, but I'm looking to quantify the years. Take a stab at it, I'll give it to anyone if they're within 10 years either way (largely because I've since found several conflicting numbers but all seem to be within the same range).

Q4 - Those things look really old...I'll say 117 years?!

Q4 - Those things look really old...I'll say 117 years?!

The last time I asked a snapper how old he was he nearly bit my ear off, but he did tell me that he was of average age for an old turtle... he was 65.

To keep it within topic I suggest the questions fall into one or more of these loose categories:

- Geocaching

- Navigation

- Geomatics/graphy/physics etc

- The Canadian hiking experience

- Cycling, Canoeing, Kayaking or any other means of arriving at a cache.

- Camping

No cheating now, that includes Googling for the answers!

YAY! :blink:

Ok then, on to the gross questions

The average person while eating fast food will consume how many pubic hairs in one year?

And

On a normal day you will breath in how many liters of other peoples flatulence?

How does you questions fit in the categories mentionned above? :blink:

The average person while eating fast food will consume how many pubic hairs in one year?

And

um...holy freaking wow...geez...on a normal day eh?

Q1 - nine

Q2 - one and a half

I really hope I don't get this right.

And

um...holy freaking wow...geez...on a normal day eh?

Q1 - nine

Q2 - one and a half

I really hope I don't get this right.

You were close its 12 and 1 liter.

It fits under "any other means of arriving at a cache." im sure.

Alright then, scrach that.

I'll take - Geomatics/graphy/physics etc for 500

Q: where is the lightest place on earth

Well, I know that St. Petersburg, Florida is the "sunniest" place on earth with something like 362 days a year of sunshine. Assuming you mean light in terms of illumination.

It fits under "any other means of arriving at a cache." im sure.

Alright then, scrach that.

I'll take - Geomatics/graphy/physics etc for 500

Well, I know that St. Petersburg, Florida is the "sunniest" place on earth with something like 362 days a year of sunshine. Assuming you mean light in terms of illumination.

Sorry but im talking about gravity.

Mount Everest would be my guess since it's the furthest point from the center of the Earth and hence might have less gravity pulling you down.

I'm with Res on this one... The force of gravity you feel at any point on the earth should be related to the distance (radius) you are from the centre of the earth (mass) and the amount of mass enclosed within that radius. Theoretically, if you could get to the exact center of the earth, you would experience zero gravity as the radius would now equal zero, but we're talking "on" earth... not "in" earth. :blink: So we increase the radius by 8km or so (~height of everest) above sea level, without adding an equal amount of mass (not much earth up here!) so the effect of gravity will be reduced... but probably not enough to be noticed due to the lack of oxygen! Atleast that's what I seem to remember from all those Physics classes when I wasn't blowing things up!

TOMTEC