Road Trip

Hi--

I'm planning a road trip from my home in the DFW area up to my hometown of Aurora, IL in mid-June. I'll be driving so I can geocache all along the way! I'm wondering if anyone has some really good caches that they consider a must do...will be traveling along I-35, I-44 and I-55, staying overnight in Oklahoma City, Joplin and St. Louis. Thanks in advance!!

Thanks for the ideas so far. Does anyone have any others?

Thanks for the invite Corp of Discovery. Unfortunately, the least amount of caching I"ll be doing is in the Aurora area..family obligations. But I appreciate it!

Yeah! Swing by and pick me up :laughing:

I'm jealous, hope you have a great trip!

Thanks for the invite Corp of Discovery. Unfortunately, the least amount of caching I"ll be doing is in the Aurora area..family obligations. But I appreciate it!

You can visit http://www.geostl.com and get a good idea of caches to do in the St. Louis area. Depending on how long you are planning on staying in each area, will depend on my cache recommendations. If you are passing through, I would stick to the just off I-44 caches. However, if you are planning to spend 6 hours in the St. Louis area, I can get you a list of 2/2 and below that are fun and interesting. No Lightpole stuff.. We don't have too many lightpole caches here anyways..

Let me know what your timeframe will be and your date of departure..

You can visit http://www.geostl.com and get a good idea of caches to do in the St. Louis area. Depending on how long you are planning on staying in each area, will depend on my cache recommendations. If you are passing through, I would stick to the just off I-44 caches. However, if you are planning to spend 6 hours in the St. Louis area, I can get you a list of 2/2 and below that are fun and interesting. No Lightpole stuff.. We don't have too many lightpole caches here anyways..

If you click on my profile and look at my bookmarks, I have one named St. Louis I-44 caches that will give you a good list starting in Sullivan Missouri to the west and going to the Mississippi River. Hope this helps!

I just returned from a trip from L.A. to Illinois. There were several nice caches along 44 in Oklahoma.

I can't think of the name of this one off hand but it is almost to the MO border,it is just off the road and is a stone structure built in the 1930's, it is down a dead end road and was once a rest stop, I don't believe there is a road marker for it. The other is a bit out of the way but worth it, they are in Kansas and one is a virtual at a roadside park and the other is micro ( that is very tricky, but it is there. It is a bridge across rt.66 that is supposedly in the movie cars. The name is pot o gold.

If you click on my profile and look at my bookmarks, I have one named St. Louis I-44 caches that will give you a good list starting in Sullivan Missouri to the west and going to the Mississippi River. Hope this helps!