Looking For Ottawa Geocachers

sensfan

Hi,

My name's Alex Hebert and I'm a reporter for the Ottawa Sun. I'm writing a feature on geocaching and need Ottawa area geocachers to interview. If you're willing to have a chat with me, you can e-mail me at alexander.hebert@gmail.com

I'd leave you my phone number but I don't like posting it on a forum.

I had never heard of geocaching until my editor assigned me the story. I decided to, as a newbie, try to find as many caches in Ottawa in one day as I could. It turns out, I found five (looked for six but couldn't find the one under the bank street bridge) and I think this will be a hobby that I keep doing after the story.

Also, could anyone tell me how you log the caches you've found? I can't see anywhere to do that.

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate it if some of you would be willing to talk to me.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi,

My name's Alex Hebert and I'm a reporter for the Ottawa Sun. I'm writing a feature on geocaching and need Ottawa area geocachers to interview. If you're willing to have a chat with me, you can e-mail me at alexander.hebert@gmail.com

I'd leave you my phone number but I don't like posting it on a forum.

I had never heard of geocaching until my editor assigned me the story. I decided to, as a newbie, try to find as many caches in Ottawa in one day as I could. It turns out, I found five (looked for six but couldn't find the one under the bank street bridge) and I think this will be a hobby that I keep doing after the story.

Also, could anyone tell me how you log the caches you've found? I can't see anywhere to do that.

Anyways, I would greatly appreciate it if some of you would be willing to talk to me.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

If you create an account at http://www.geocaching.com and then log in with it, you'll find a "Log your visit" at the top right corner of the individual cache's page.

Good luck with your story -- I look forward to reading it!

Scott

Hello Alex,

You REALLY should get in touch with hidnseek or someone with Canada's Capital Cachers/Cacheurs de la capital du Canada. They are Ottawa based and I think have gone through the hoops to become a regional geocaching association. They are in the process of minting a CCC geocoin which would make a terrific image with your article if there is allowances for images and if you get onto the topic of trackable items :laughing: .

Also, there have been a couple of very good newspaper articles on the topic of geocacing posted on these forums recently which will help you with your groundwork and possibly give you a basis for your discussions with the interviewees.

Good luck and make sure you share it with us when it's done!

Shameless plug for some free advertising!

:laughing:

Hello Alex,

You REALLY should get in touch with hidnseek or someone with Canada's Capital Cachers/Cacheurs de la capital du Canada. They are Ottawa based and I think have gone through the hoops to become a regional geocaching association. They are in the process of minting a CCC geocoin which would make a terrific image with your article if there is allowances for images and if you get onto the topic of trackable items :) .

Also, there have been a couple of very good newspaper articles on the topic of geocacing posted on these forums recently which will help you with your groundwork and possibly give you a basis for your discussions with the interviewees.

Good luck and make sure you share it with us when it's done!