Geocky (geocachers Of Kentucky) 2006 Geocoins

sun-moon-starz

GEOCKY (GEOCachers of KentuckY) 2006 Geocoins now available by mail!

We have had our coins available at events only for the last 2 months to ensure that our local crowd could get their fill. Now, as promised, they are being made available to the general public after GeoWoodstock 4. For 2006, our coins are trackable on Geocaching.com, and have their own icon. Coins are available in a gold or nickel finish, same price for each. Coins ship in their own plastic pouch, with the activation code lovingly hand-written on the back (don't lose it until you activate).

Photos and more information are available at our information page at Geocky.org

Via mail-order, payment can be made by PayPal to geockycoins@gmail.com Coins are priced at $9.00 each, with shipping as described on the below chart. Please be sure to specify which finish you prefer in what numbers, and I will comply for as long as I have coins in that color. If you MUST have coins in certain colors, write ahead, and I'll let you know availability. If you don't specify, or don't care which finish, I'll send even amounts of each, or whichever we have more of. At this time, we have over 400 of each available, so there are plenty of each for now. Coins will ship in a padded envelope with delivery confirmation.

Shipping Chart:

1-2 coins $2.00

3-4 coins $3.00

5-6 coins $4.00

7-8 coins $5.00

9 or more coins $6.00

So, for instance, if you would like one coin, the charge would be $9.00 + 2.00 shipping for a total of $11.00. If you would like 15 coins, then it would be $9.00/coin (135.00) + 6.00 shipping for a total of 141.00. The more you buy, the more you save on shipping, and the more you help support Geocky.org.

Any other questions, please feel free to contact us at geockycoins@gmail.com

We have shipped out all coin orders that were received up to 9:00am EDT yesterday 06-03-06.

Orders received after that time will be shipped this coming Friday 06-09-06.

So watch your mailboxes, most of them should be arriving this week.

Any feedback positive or negative, would be appreciated at geockycoins@gmail.com

Our icon is now active, so check it out too!

Thanks to Moses & Atlanta Gal for the kind words, hope to see you both at events this summer! :anitongue:

Bud gets credit for the original post wording Eartha, I am good at cut & paste.

Edited by sun-moon-starz

Hi! I'm handling all of the shipping of the Geocky.org coins. Thanks for all who've purchased, we appreciate your support to help keep Geocky.org up and running (gosh, sounds like the PBS telethon all of a sudden). I've shipped out a few hundred in the last week, but we still have PLENTY left in both metal finishes for anyone who would like them.

As for international orders, I was pleased when I shipped them that Canadian orders were only pennies different from U.S. shipping rates, and European shipping rates were only about a dollar higher. If our European friends would include an additional dollar for shipping, I'd appreciate it, but wouldn't hold shipping based on that. Thanks for all of the kind words that you've sent on the coins, and I look forward to hearing from more of you.

Bud

I guess that I'm shipping them fast enough. So fast, in fact, that someone already has the 2 coins that I sent them last week for resale on (that auction site) for $2.00 more than asking price, despite the fact that I still have hundreds left. Strange.

Edited by budophylus

I guess that I'm shipping them fast enough. So fast, in fact, that someone already has the 2 coins that I sent them last week for resale on (that auction site) for $2.00 more than asking price, despite the fact that I still have hundreds left. Strange.

When I was waiting for my shipment of the Arizona 2006 coins, the first time I saw actual photographs of the completed coin that I worked for so long on... was from a auction. We didn't have proofs made, as it would have slowed down the process. The first couple of auctions were for the coins that had a smaller run, the Limited edition. What was really funny was the fact that the last 30 coins were put up for auction to try to get them to sell faster. They were sold as a buy it now at a set price. They were listed next to all the other coins that were listing the same coin as hard to get, and sold out. What was sad was the fact that people were bidding on the higher priced coins, an not just buying the lower priced buy it now ones.

It's just a little brazen. I had a long reply written out, but it was pretty inflammatory, and probably untrue. It's just a little hard to believe that someone would try to directly profit from the work of another group.

Our coins for the Allegany State Park Geobash were sold to raise money for the event - they sold for $10/ea. They have been sold on that other place for $49.95. None of the profit on those coins went to the event. Oh well...

Oh, and I got my Kentucky coins. Just beautiful, great feel in your hand, nice detail and touches - thanks!

Edited by ATMouse

Mine came yesterday, one of each and very nice. How are your supplies holding up? Have any more for sale? My brother and nephew are drooling. :laughing: Glen

Supply's still holding up pretty well. Third shipment just went out, and we've still got a few hundred of each metal left, so will be taking some along to the Midwest Geobash, assuming we don't get any really large orders before then.

Thanks to all who keep requesting info. We're still doing well with supply of each metal, though the gold are moving a little quicker. Still plenty of each for everyone at this time, and enough to take a bunch to MWGB next week.

Thanks to all who keep requesting info. We're still doing well with supply of each metal, though the gold are moving a little quicker. Still plenty of each for everyone at this time, and enough to take a bunch to MWGB next week.

Still any left? Would like to get three each. Can you let me know. Thanks.

Still any left? Would like to get three each. Can you let me know. Thanks.

Still lots of them. We got a lot of them distributed at MWGB, but nowhere near all of them.

I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who's purchased the coins so far. :) We've been using this as a fundraiser for a few years to keep our local group and website, Geocky.org, up and running, and appreciate the help from anyone purchasing our coins. Since they're trackable and have their own icon this year, we've had a much better response than in previous years, where they were numbered and trackable on our website only. Keep the orders rolling in, we're nowhere near sold out.

Just bumping this one again. We've still got some of these left, and would like to get these out to the public. Drop us a line, we've still got enough to accomodate a few more of the large orders, but then will have to limit supplies for individual orders.

Thanks to all who've bought coins so far!