Announcing The Geotruckers.com Geocoin

geotruckers.com

Announcing the GeoTruckers.com Geocoin

Geotruckers.com had finally released their geocoin. This is a club coin devoted to truck drivers, rv'ers and others in size challanged vehicles.

Coins_Silver_2_up_v2.jpg

Coins_Gold_2_up_v2.jpg

Coin Details

--> 500 polished silver (More to be minted as required)

--> 100 limited edition gold currently available. (Only 100 more will be minted. There will never be more than 200 gold coins minted to protect your collectors value on these coins.

--> Update. The 100 limited edition gold geocoins have sold out. We have the final 100 on backorder. Please read my post below or the site for details. There's still time to order.

--> 2" in diameter, 3.5 mm thick

--> 2-D on the front (tire) side and 3-D on the back side of the coin

--> Cost: $8.50 for the silver and $9.50 for the limited edition gold, plus applicable shipping/handling charges.

--> Shipping by either USPS (postal) or Fedex. Actual rates are calculated by USPS or FedEx at the time of checkout by the store.

--> Fully Trackable on Geocaching.Com

--> Has its own icon GeoTruckers.com-32x32.gif

--> Nearly 100 coins have already been sold at GW4. These coins will sell fast!

--> To buy the coins visit GeoTruckers.com or go directly to our store

--> Activation codes available at CoinCodes.com

Coin Features

The front (tire side) of the coin was originally designed by 9Key and submitted to our site. It is a multi-layer 2-D, polished silver or gold with soft black epoxy filling. It has a compass rose in the center hub and 8 lug nuts to align with the four major and four minor points of the compass.

The back side of the coin is 3-D with soft black epoxy. The tracking code is laser etched. It has images, highlighted by a gritty background, to represent each aspect of what GeoTruckers is. The 18 wheeler for the truck driver, the RV for the RV'ers, the satellite and hiker for the sport of geocaching, all surrounded by the GX logo of geocaching.

About GeoTruckers.com

GeoTruckers.com is devoted to truck driver and RV'ers in their quest to find 70 foot parking spaces to geocache from. Finding a parking space of that size can be quite a challange. :) We have a large listing (through our bookmarks) of nearly 600 caches nationwide, all submited by our members. Through our group we also support each other in the maintenance of caches that our members have placed. We have an active membership of over 100 members and growing. We are also being published in Road King, a national trucking magazine. Many of our members, including two of our moderators are neither truck drivers or RV'ers, but simply enjoy being part of our group. We have a very fine bunch of people that I am proud to be associated with. Drop by and visit us.

:)

Edited by geotruckers.com

Thanks to you two for a good laugh!!

Also I picked up one of each of these at GW4, one for me and one for a friend who caches in an 18 wheeler, I am sure he will like it too!!

Thanks!!

Edited by IC1

Your not gonna believe this but the current stock of 100 gold GeoTruckers.com geocoins have sold out. We will be ordering another 100 coins to fulfill the maximum minting of 200 coins then there will be no more. We promised our buyers that the gold limited edition geocoins would be limited at 200 coins to assure their collectors value and we intend on keeping that promise.

If you would like to order a gold GeoTruckers Geocoin please do so quickly. Once the remaining 100 backordered coins are sold out there will be no more made.

I hope to have them in in about 6 weeks and will ship them out as soon as they arrive.

If you are ordering silver coins they will be held until the gold coins arrive and shipped together. If you would like your silver coins shipped immediately, then please place a separate order for them.

Thanks for your understanding.

What a cool coin! We are so glad to hear about your website. We aren't truck drivers or RV'ers, but a mix of the two when we are on the road to rodeo's pulling our horse trailer. So many caches... so close... and no where to park! *argh* We will definately check out your sites resources and let ya know if we have any caches to add to your list. We personally have 3 trucker friendly caches (in 3 different states). Ordered 1 nickel!

:(

With those shipping prices I will have to pass. For 2 coins international shipping would cost me at least 8.98 $, with more coins the cost goes up even more.

Anyone up for a trade?

Actually I don't set the price for shipping. The price is provided to the store by a direct link from either the USPS or FedEx at the time of checkout based on the actual weight of the items being shipped. I'm afraid I can't do anything about the price that is being charged by them. If I could we'd have penny postcards back again. :(

With those shipping prices I will have to pass. For 2 coins international shipping would cost me at least 8.98 $, with more coins the cost goes up even more.

Anyone up for a trade?

Actually I don't set the price for shipping. The price is provided to the store by a direct link from either the USPS or FedEx at the time of checkout based on the actual weight of the items being shipped. I'm afraid I can't do anything about the price that is being charged by them. If I could we'd have penny postcards back again. :(

I know that you do not set the shipping price, but other people are able to have lower shipping costs. The differences come from the different shipping services/options used which might not all be available everywhere. I understand that. But I like this coin, so I would be happy if somebody could trade with me :(

ordered two silvers (they looked more like real tires too me) since I don't have a Caddy with gold tires <_<

I kinda agree on the tire side. I like the silver best. However, I like the gold on the back sibe better. That gritty background really looks great in the gold. I've had other's tell me the opposite so I guess it's a personal prefference. :laughing: Thanks for ordering the coins.

I would like to thank everyone who bought our coins. Especially the people who bought the back ordered coins. I just wanted to let everyone know that all of the orders placed so far (excluding the back ordered coins) have gone out either in yesterday's mail or today's mail. My wife and worked late last night to make sure everyone got their coins as quickly as possible.

I've also added a couple of international shipping options that should help on the international shipping costs. I'll keep everyone posted on shipping and other things as necessary here.

The final order of gold coins has been placed with Coins and Pins and should arrive in a few weeks. They will be shipped out as soon as possible once they arrive. I expect them to be sold out before they come in. The silver coins are selling well also.

Again, thanks to everyone that ordered our coins.

D.J. Geotruckers.com

Cannot order. I keep getting an AVS error on my credit card even though all info is correct!

Any suggestions

Ps I Canadian if that makes any difference

I've had a number of Canada orders so far with no problems. AVS stands for address verication system. The credit card processor checks the address you entered against what's in their records for security reasons. This is to help prevent credit card fraud. Try using a diffrent card if you can. Have you change your address recently? It might not be updated in the databases yet. Please contact me through the "Contact us" link in the store or directly through my email. We'll get your coins ordered one way or another. I'll do what I can, but I'll get you taken care of.

I'm very sorry for the problems. Thanks for your patiences.

UPDATE: I have looked into your attempted transaction. Your charge should go through this time with the same card you used before. Please try again. Let me know if you have any more problems.

<_<

Our GeoTruckers silver coin arrived today, just ordered 6 days ago, that's service.

It's a great coin to add to our collection. It's almost as BIG as an 18 wheelers tire, in

scale, ya know.

THANKs for the great coin and service.

Jug & Roon

CA.

Edited by Jug & Roon

:P

Our GeoTruckers silver coin arrived today, just ordered 6 days ago, that's service.

It's a great coin to add to our collection. It's almost as BIG as an 18 wheelers tire, in

scale, ya know.

THANKs for the great coin and service.

Jug & Roon

CA.

If it was gonna represent us truckers, it had to be big! :D Glad you liked it.

We're already working on the design for our next coin to be released in 6-9 months from now. That one will be a 3-D globe image with a truck and RV on it. You know that one will have to be big. <_<

Wish I hadn't ran out of the gold coins. I'll get those out to everyone as soon as they arrive.

Went through this time Thanks

Truck drivers always "deliver"! I couldn't resist that wise crack. I'm glad I could get it taken care of so easily. I noticed that you ordered a gold coin. I'll get that out to you as soon as they arrive. Thanks for your patience.

These look awesome! I really like the bigger coins too. I'm not a trucker, but I am a school bus driver, and have been known to go caching when on a sports run to a different town, some trips are 100 miles away. Some of the places I've had to park my bus to go after a cache, I'm sure folks were wondering what the heck a school bus was doing THERE?

So, I've orderd 2 of each :) . Looking forward to getting these to add to my collection. Plan to put one out as a travel bug, but we will see :D

Ms Brady of Band of Bradys

The gold coins that are on backorder should arrive in the next few days. As I'm sure you've guessed, I'm a cross country truck driver. I am expecting to be back by the house during 4th of July weekend and will pick up the coins and get them shipped out during the weekend.

I'd like to thank everyone that had the faith in us to order these coins even though they were backordered. I promise that I'll get them shipped out ASAP once they arrive.

We are almost out of the gold coins and this will be the last order. Once they are sold, there will be no more. We still have some of the silver coins left as well.

If any of the coin clubs are interested in purchasing a quantity of the silver coins, please contact me directly about a group discount.

The last batch of gold coins have arrived and all of the orders have been shipped out in today's mail. Everyone should have their coins in the next few days. :) I would like to thank everyone for being so patient with the backorders.

When you receive your coins, please let us know what you think of them. I'm sure you'll like them.

We still have a few of the gold coins left and a good selection of the silver coins left if any one would like to order more.

I have requested a trade for this coin but have not heard from the owner so looking to trade for 2 of these from anyone.

I have just been buying to many coin and need to shift to trading for them.

For trade we have the following personal geocoins.

Team Sand Dollar in Gold, Silver, or Bronze.

Buffalo Wings V1 in Gold, Silver, or Bronze.

Buffalo Wings V2 (Florida Trail) (Trackable with icon) in:

Bronze, Antique Silver, Black Nickel(White buffalo) and Copper(Black buffalo)

Thanks

Team Sand Dollar

I had thought that the activation codes had been uploaded to coincodes.com a week ago. I was surprised that it hadnt been done. I have already spoken with Tess at coinsandpins.com and am working on getting the activation codes added. I am also going to ask Tess to send me the list by email so that I can provide activation codes manually by email as well

I apologize for the inconvenience. Please belive me that I am doing everything I can to resolve this issue.

I have requested a trade for this coin but have not heard from the owner so looking to trade for 2 of these from anyone.

I'm afraid that I never did receive a message from you. I did notice that you have made the same posting in a number of other threads as well saying that you have not heard from those owners either.

I'm afraid that I am not tradeing for coins. These are not my personal coins to trade. They are club coins and I can't trade club coins for my personal collection.

I'm afraid that I never did receive a message from you. I did notice that you have made the same posting in a number of other threads as well saying that you have not heard from those owners either.

I'm afraid that I am not tradeing for coins. These are not my personal coins to trade. They are club coins and I can't trade club coins for my personal collection.

Thanks for posting a reply. I always try and request a trade first but lately many of the emails I sent out were unanswered. I generally don't post the requests in the forum until after emails don't work. It just happened that yesterday I decided to use the forum to contat those that did not answer.

Team Sand Dollar

Thanks Eric for getting that done for me. As you could see, I was taking a bit of heat on the issue. Email was even worse. :wub:

All of the activation codes should be available on www.coincodes.com now. If any one has any other problems please contact me directly by email. That is the fastest way to get a hold of me. I will reply as soon as I am able.

We still have plenty of the silver coins left as well. I hope every one enjoys their coins. I have really enjoyed making them. This has been quite a adventure.