Unique Take On Gw4

#1 would be proposing to my Sn :D :D gstress shortly after I put the ODS Meet & Greet event to bed. I was wearing a Hawaiian lei and a coconut bra when I proposed. :D:D<_< No foolin' Caraloopy has the pics to prove it!

Congrats!!!!! :D

Post the pictures!!!!! :D

Here ya go... :)

a_467.jpg

Doc's right. She sure is purty. :P

Edited by Snoogans

I knew that GW4 would be a huge success (it took place in Texas after all). The negativity in this forum has little bearing on the real world. I think most of the regulars realize the forums do not represent most geocachers. Wish I could have attended but we celebrated my daughter's birthday that weekend and we also had a soccer tournament for my oldest son. I'm still holding out hope that someday I'll get to meet wimseyguy, Mr. and Mrs. Snoogans, Doc Dean, El Diablo, paintfiction and many many others. I will enjoy reading all the responses from the people that could attend the event. Congrats on finding the courage to propose, Snoogans. You da man ...

regarding forum negativity.... YOU SAID IT!

mentioning my name as one you are looking forward to meeting: I am honored! (bowing)

Great memories of GW4:

1. The campground "car tagstess" (could it have been a habanera I saw writing on the back of my Jeep?)

2. Cool campers in the campground. Anywhere you went, there was a group having a great time.

3. BBQ. Man was that stuff good.

4. Completing a 9 mile hike (that was supposed to be 5 miles) in 100 degree heat, and living to tell about it.

5. Learning, after the fact, that one of the participants in that hike was an ER doctor.

6. Hitting 2000 finds on this trip.

7. Meeting so many people I had heard about over the last year.

8. Purty pink flamingos to guide your way at night.

9. Geocoins, geocoins, and more geocoins.

10. The OCB, upclose and personal.

11. Paint Fiction's drawers in a cache.

12. The day after the event, hiking all the trails in the Nature Preserve across the street, without a map, and getting all the caches there.

13. Not seeing rattlesnake one.

14. Getting a parking space right at the pavilion each day we attended (no small feat, I might add)

15. Meeting and hanging out with Pepper and the gang down at their campsite.

16. Meeting and hanging out with Snoogans, and company, in pink flamigo land.

17. Trading geocoins for rides on the Segway. (actually, that was Itchy/TN Jed, but I though it was worth mentioning)

18. Mmmmmmm, good chili!

19. Thanks to Snoogans, an other cache hide to add to my stats.

and finally (I bet you wondered if there was ever going to be a finally, didn't you)

20. Having the priviledge of volunteering to help MustangJoni in the Groundspeak Store.

Negatives:

Only one, or should I say MILLIONS!

Let's just say, we took home many new pets with us and their names are, "Here Cheegah, Cheegah, Cheegah!!!

(Serves us right. after all, one half of us is named Itchy. Maybe he should stay home next time. Or could it have been payback for those Segway rides he traded for geocoins?) <_<:P:D

Great memories of GW4:

and finally (I bet you wondered if there was ever going to be a finally, didn't you)

20. Having the priviledge of volunteering to help MustangJoni in the Groundspeak Store.

That was my priviledge! I really enjoyed meeting you and your wife, and ya'll did a great job! I've never worked with a better group of people than I did at this event.

Thanks so much!

Great memories of GW4:

8. Purty pink flamingos to guide your way at night.

LOL! The Snoogstress & The Cherokee Cachers went kayaking at night a couple of times. They knew the way home across the lake in the dark because Flamingo Majoris 1 & 2 could be seen for miles across the water. :anitongue:

Wow!!! What a great thread!

I had a most excellent weekend at GW4! The most fun I've had in a single weekend in a LOOOONG time!

Among the highlights:

1. Meeting so many amazing, fun people!

2. Finding my soul-mates from NEFGA! (I love you all!)

3. The GERMANS! (I'm a fan!!)

4. Being in Snoogans' pocket when he proposed! (Well, kinda!)

5. Snoogans wearing my coconut bra.

6. Did I mention meeting amazing, fun people?

7. Workin' it -- at the store and the TB table.

8. Logging bugs left and right!!

9. All the roaming after-parties!!

10. Happy Meals from Whataburger??

11. "Team Trouble" (wink, wink!)

12. My new tentstrosity! (Mine's bigger than yours, Snoogans!!)

and of course, the amazing, fun people!

(Hey Paint! Which TB would that be??)

Thanks to everyone who helped make this a fantastic weekend! And boo to those of you raining on our parade! But mostly THANKS to everyone I met!

XO,

cf

Great memories of GW4:

11. Paint Fiction's drawers in a cache.

'tweren't mine! Those were The Federation's tighty whiteys.... me? I'm a boxer brief or a freedom lover (demanding upon the weather). That TB you found was a direct result of The Fed being unable to go at the last minute and him (foolishly) leaving some of his clothes in ICM's Jeep. I'l bet he never misses an event again!

Jim

P.S. My underwear will be under tight lock and key to forestall any retaliatory TB activations. :D Of course, I'll have to be extra nice to ICM because he has pictures of me hunting a cache in my underwear..... :)

I had fun!!!! Tell your good experiences here.

To me, this is really what it is all about. Despite the angst that has come up, the event was a blast. Thanks to the Texas folks who hosted!

One of my favorite memories was hooking up with the NEFGA folks and hiking across the bridge in the dark. It was great to stroll and chat with other cachers.

Thanks for starting this thread! You have made a great point, one which I briefly made in several past posts while the controversy was swirling. Even though I fall on the anti-numbers-paddding side of the fence, I like to remind folks that this is only a game, and while I feel free to point out what I feel were silly behaviors exhibited at GW4 and elsewehere, I hold no judgement or blame against any of the people who exhibited these behaviors, and I would be happy to sit down and share stories over a burger with any of them! And, as I have written in the past, controversy aside, I am sure that the folks who attended had a lot of fun, and that is not to be forgotten or minimized! :anibad:

I had fun!!!! Tell your good experiences here.

To me, this is really what it is all about. Despite the angst that has come up, the event was a blast. Thanks to the Texas folks who hosted!

One of my favorite memories was hooking up with the NEFGA folks and hiking across the bridge in the dark. It was great to stroll and chat with other cachers.

Thanks for starting this thread! You have made a great point, one which I briefly made in several past posts while the controversy was swirling. Even though I fall on the anti-numbers-paddding side of the fence, I like to remind folks that this is only a game, and while I feel free to point out what I feel were silly behaviors exhibited at GW4 and elsewehere, I hold no judgement or blame against any of the people who exhibited these behaviors, and I would be happy to sit down and share stories over a burger with any of them! And, as I have written in the past, controversy aside, I am sure that the folks who attended had a lot of fun, and that is not to be forgotten or minimized! :)

Kinds words! Thanks! I had a blast and can't wait until next year's event.

Night caching with ?? the other guy with a flashlight - yeah, him. And finding it too.

Hey! That was me!

Great memories of GW4:

4. Completing a 9 mile hike (that was supposed to be 5 miles) in 100 degree heat, and living to tell about it.

That was also very fun. I posted some pics at

Today's Cacher Photo Gallery--someone also said there was a shutterfly account for the event. Does anyone have that info?

I really enjoyed spending time with my fellow cachers in the camp sites and the pavillion. I can't believe I have to wait another year for the next one!

What's this I hear? The Texas GW4 chilli cook-off was won by, that's right, an Okie. :laughing:

Let the smacktalkin' begin!

Hey I'm just glad no one asked to put any of your "beans" in the chilli. :rolleyes:

I did have a fun time, I know that Snoogans and 9key were stressed out by the whole event at times. I know it's bad enough doing events where I've had 100 people. Can't imagine trying to wrangle an event with the size GW has become.

More photos can be seen here, including the chili queen.

Edited by beatnik

More photos can be seen here, including the chili queen.

Cool! I am in the first 2 pictures......

LOL!!! And it looks like you got more on your shirt than in you! :rolleyes:

that's paint, dood!

paint clothes are great to wear while geocaching (at least for me) because:

1. people can guess who I am

2. food dribbled on my clothes looks like it belong there!

Because your screen name is paintfiction, I guess we'll believe you ... :laughing:

What's this I hear? The Texas GW4 chilli cook-off was won by, that's right, an Okie. :anicute:

So tell us....

What was in the chili? :laughing:

1987591696_1999998327_thetexaschainsawmassacre_337x253_bryanstonfilms.jpg

Anyone who has seen Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 already knows that the secret's in the meat. :rolleyes:<_<

Dennis Hopper was totally overlookd by the Academy on that picture.

Edited by Snoogans

Just found this topic:( I wen thome from GW4 with lots of great memories and NO golfballs:)

A few things I remember

1. Being called an Old timer by Team 360:)

2. Winning a OCB coin and pin set:)

3. Seeing my old friends and makinf new ones:)

4. Driving back to Houston with NO golfballs:)

May wish I had stayed in Afghanistan when I see carleenp again:)