Unique Take On Gw4

I had fun!!!! Tell your good experiences here.

To me, this is really what it is all about. Despite the angst that has come up, the event was a blast. Thanks to the Texas folks who hosted!

One of my favorite memories was hooking up with the NEFGA folks and hiking across the bridge in the dark. It was great to stroll and chat with other cachers.

Edited by fishingfools

Chili - boy there was a lot of very fine chili my hat is off to the cooks, and they spared no expense either, big ol' pots of chili enough to feed the masses. Outstanding.

"Woodstock 05" by sandbassking and queen GCN161 - it's on my favorites list. A thing of great beauty and the perfect hide in the perfect spot. It just doesn't get any better.

"Spinning Wheel" GCGNP4 also by sandbassking and queen - fine work.

Pepper! one of those people you speak with for 2 minutes and you're friends for life.

Night caching with ?? the other guy with a flashlight - yeah, him. And finding it too.

Making my Florida Flatlanders legs do the DOBRA trail, and Fossil Valley after the stupid&lucky caches.

The tallgrass prairie - what a sight. Even though we were a tad late for the height of the spring bloom, there was still plenty of beauty there.

Waaay too many people to mention - it was fun.

Pepper! one of those people you speak with for 2 minutes and you're friends for life.

Waaay too many people to mention - it was fun.

Everyone that knows her would agree with you. Pepper is awesome!

I was happy to see many of my N.E.F.G.A. friends make it to Texas. We all missed The Federation and many more that couldn't make the trip.

I have a new appreciation for all the work the NEFGA folks did on GW3. I was soooo freakin' busy with the TB station and other distractions that I could hardly think straight and truth be told, sometimes I just gave in and didn't. :D Twice I had to just sit in my car and have no one speak to me for about 10 minutes.

I was very glad to meet a few more on my "gotta meet 'em some day" list, but if I was only gonna mention one it would hafta be Lil' Devil. :(:(

All of my fondest memories of GW4 happend back at my two campsites aka Sn :P:( ganville....

#1 would be proposing to my Sn B):P gstress shortly after I put the ODS Meet & Greet event to bed. I was wearing a Hawaiian lei and a coconut bra when I proposed. :):PB) No foolin' Caraloopy has the pics to prove it!

#2 would be staying up until 4:30 am aaaaaaafffterrrr GW4 and sleeping the sleep of the dead in my airconditioned tent.

Edited by Snoogans

Four things stick in my mind (at THIS moment)

1. Enjoying that leisurely stroll that Fishing Fools talked about. It was GREAT!

2. Acting like high school kids at the camp ground after GW4 which lead into the 4:30am blabfest at Snoogansville... yes, I was there to the very end.

3. Finding my new favorite travel bug. Yeah... that's the one.

4. Standing on 3 states on the way home. As Clan Barron said "Yes, Oklahoma and Arkansas ARE on the way home from TX to FL!"

There are many more great memories but too many to list. This is just what popped into my head at this ridiculous hour.

Jim

I too had tons of FUN!!!! Some of it spent with the few people that have already replied to this thread.

1. The stroll across the bridge with a group of geopals old and new.
  2. Driving around historic Grapevine after dark and coming upon a groups of CA cachers doing the same thing at the blacksmith shop.
  3. Being led to some of the very cool statues and historic sites around Forth Worth and Dallas because there was a virtual or micro cache to find there. The cattle drive one in Dallas was especially stunning!
  4. Turning the corner in the park to see the giant message board and hundreds of cachers already at the Meet n Greet.
  5. Finding the oldest remaining cache in TX-GC63 with a group from several states and all ages.
  6. Hanging around the pavillion for several hours at a time to visit with friends that I only see 1-2 times a year, trading stories, getting caught up with our lives, some of it not even caching related.

7. Getting to know even more cachers that I've met online through chat, forums, email, but never in person.
  8. Eating BBQ several times in one week!

<<Momentary OT soapbox rant>>

Were there some things going on around me that didn't conform to the natural order of the geouniverse? Perhaps.

Did some folks take advantage of the large gathering of cachers in one location to pump numbers?

Why yes, and there are at least 6 other threads running that have hundreds of angst filled replies from cachers all around who didn't get to come to geowoodstock and have any fun, while this happy thread has only a few even though it was open all night for business. :(

Have I posted in those threads; yes once to state my simple opinion on the specific topic, but not dozens of times to continue to debate it to death.

It's a danm shame that geowoodstock is being colored by those threads and not this one, but I guess that is the difference between the forums and real life. Thousands of posts every day, yet only a few days spent finding caches, exploring the world we hide them in, and celebrating the good stuff. :sigh:

<<stepping down>>

We had a ball at GW4. We met tons of people and got to hang out with several of them. We did some fun caching with some great hikes to wonderful views. We did one cache run, which took us to some caches that were not the normal micro spew you get in most urban areas. We also did a 2.5 hour night cache. That was interesting.

1. I got to meet Darth Vader.

2. A stormtrooper called me a princess. :(

3. I relaxed, visited, snacked, shopped.

4. Waded in the lake....TX Diva does not like water....that was a biggie.

5. Took some photographs.

6. Met a lot of really nice folks while working registration.

7. Watched the usually shy Dark Star really open up and have fun.

8. Bought a TX State Parks Pass so I can come back and cache after the rattlesnakes go to sleep.

9. Unleashed my Pug to the geocaching world at the chili cookoff.

10. Received or purchased some really nice geocoins to take to New Zealand next summer.

[*]Being led to some of the very cool statues and historic sites around Forth Worth and Dallas because there was a virtual or micro cache to find there. The cattle drive one in Dallas was especially stunning!

While I missed GW4, re the above quote I'll comment: I did the "virt cache tour" of Fort Worth several years ago over several evenings when I had a work assignment there, and it's one of the highlights of my caching career. I learned so much about the history of the city and the region there by taking that tour...it was fabulous. Fort Worth is definitely NOT "Dallas' ugly stepsister" after you do those virts and learn the history.

I really had a great time down in Texas last weekend. I was able to meet a bunch of cachers that I would normally not meet. Traded some geocoins in person which to me makes them that much more special. I got to enjoy a 8+ mile hike in the Texas country side while hunting caches on the day before GWS4. I also had a fun roadtrip. My first BIG georoadtrip. Just an all around great vacation. I can't wait to do it again.

Chris-Team Shydog

There are tons of great memories from GW4.

1. Seeing and meeting friends both old and new. Funny how no one ever looks the way you pictured them.

2. The group migrations from cache to cache where the journey and conversations were much more important than the find.

3. Exploring the DFW area.

4. The mentioned bridge hike and finding other cachers already there. (Then getting a chance to talk to the owners of these caches and tell them what a great time we had)

5. Driving up on the Northern CA cachers late at night and getting an 11 person DNF.

6. Explaining to a police officer there was no reason for concern after lifting a lampskirt in a bank parking lot at 1am. (We may have another convert)

7. Bonnie & Clyde.

8. Forth Worth at night.

9. Seeing all of Snoogans caches spread on the table Friday afternoon.

10. Learning what cottonwood trees are, and finding out that texas trees bite.

11. The tarantula.

12. BBQ

There were many great things about GW4 but I think one of my most memorable will be looking through the contents of the Bedrock in Bagdad cache. If you found that cache and looked at the pictures and didn't come away with a feeling of WOW! then I don't know what to say. Hanging out at camp was cool with all the cachers that were near us (even though cachers were spread out over the whole campground). This is my third GW and again I got to meet more people that I've always said "I'd like to meet them". For anyone who has never had a chance to hang with Snoogans, you don't know what you missed. And last but not least, just like caching, the event was as much about the journey as the destination and the 3000+ mile roadtrip we took from Jax to Dallas and back was an experience that I will treasure. Caching all night while driving through 6 states (and yes you do have to go through Oklahoma to get to Florida from Dallas :laughing: ) is the kind of fun non-cachers (also know as sane people according to my friends) will never know!

I am saddened by the negativity tossed around by those who are either "too good", "too lazy" or "too afraid" to actually show their faces at a Geowoodstock event.

Therefore, here is my list of highlights from the week...

1. Caching as soon as I got into town and my first group was a series that ended with a final stage described as, "the bonus cache is in a field of poison ivy - have fun". Field of Poison Ivy at 1030 in the evening - it doesn't get any better than this!

2. Caching in the park a few days before the event and finding freshly maintained caches, with new logs and several jeeps and geocoins in the caches!! Wow!

3. Kick off BBQ and venison Chili - yum!

4. Hanging out several nights in Sn :):D ganville and meeting the Sn :D:huh: gtress (she's so purity! :))

5. Caching that Bridge early in the morning with a cool breeze and good friends

6. "I Can See for Miles" was one of my favorite caches.

7. Seeing what 200,000 micros looks like and thinking how Crow T Robot is going to kill me for hiding a micro seed pod! :)

8. Watching Dark Star with Darth Vader and the Storm Trooper - now there is something you don't see everyday! :laughing:

9. Some may think its strange but I actually enjoy volunteering as the official Geowoodstock Doc!

10. Post GW4 / highschool antics in the campgrounds with certain individuals I will not mention here.

11. My new caching buddies: LadyCacher and *Tumbleweed*

12. Caching with Nate and Shauna, JoeGps, Mtn-Man, Geoworms, Kayakerinme, Koneko, Budophylus, Breakback Billy, Objets, Isonzo Karst, Goofybutterfly, Paintfiction, Caraloopy, Cache & Keri and so many others I apologize for not naming them all.

13. In one fell swoop, I traded away all my extra geo-coins and got ~90% of the ones that I wanted most.

14. The simple pleasure of sitting and visiting with old and new friends.

7. Seeing what 200,000 micros looks like and thinking how Crow T Robot is going to kill me for hiding a micro seed pod! :)

No one will ever accuse you of being an eye doctor there ummmm Doc. :laughing: It was more like 12,500+ micros inside of 300 seed pods. :huh: The round figure is 13,000 caches total that were given away. :)

Call it a mega community building experiment. :) I like that better than the negative nelly's micro-spew term. :D

Well I finally got something to say. :laughing:

I had the time of my life this summer that is at GW4. It was huge like TX and I hope all the out-of-towners felt a warm welcome. I did try to say hi to as many folks as possible. Saw lots and lots of people I've only communicated with via the forums, there caches, or emails for the past 4 four years. Caught up with pals from WA to CA to TN to FL how cool it that? Friends (most important part of this game for me), caching, camping, eating BBQ, swapping coins, trading stories and tons of laughs, it just don’t get any better than that, can we do it again? Please…

TGA I thank you for your efforts they paid off big!

GC.com I support ya 100% and always will thanks for the support on this one and the next one and the next one…

Gosh I had fun…

I won’t mention the unmentionable chiggers.

Pepper

edit...oops sorry...Hea Doc I got your pod and soon as it stops raining i've already got a spot picked out for it special for you!

oops again...hea fishingfools thanks for starting a positive topic...how nice for a change!

Edited by Pepper

Here's a sad fact. I didn't do ANY of the cachin' stuff. I was too busy/lazy to go and actually find a cache... :)

Let's see, you prepared 13,000 caches, organized and ran a very successful travel bug trade (over 2000 bugs I believe), ran an event with over 400 people and then proposed to your lady..... I'd say you've been a bit distracted.

I think you'll have plenty of good memories of these days!

Besides you can always log the 453.gif

There are so many thing...

One of the most fun things was driving through the park and no matter where you turned, there was a geocacher looking for a cache. (There were a lot of them in the park).

Meeting up with other groups you don't know between the hours of 11 pm and 2 am in various parks throughout the area.

Doing a cache run of quality only caches (Buckeye in Tx run).

Meeting everyong I met!

We have been to only a few events before but have co-hosted one and I want to say these people did a great job, all things considered, on an event of this size with only a few planners. Hats off to them for some major work and a job well done.

The chili event was way cool and so were the others including the CITO event in the end. Still met some cachers we hadnt met before at that one.

Drove by Snooginsville a dozen times but the parking lot attendants said they were all full up and to try again later. Loved the huge flamingos they had out there.

The hospitality of the local cachers and especially the planning group was just more than nice. We no more backed the camper into place when mcdoodles drove up and hopped out of their van to come welcome us and say hello. They said our little plastic WallyWorld pink flamingo gave us away.

Not long after that we got our minivan windows tagged by the park tagger team. One of the words are still there even.

Moving on to the following days were able to meet several cachers and reviewers I have only communicated with online. One of them even gave me a coin that I put way up on the top of the list of best coins. They will all go into the collection to show off. We even got 2 of the new Truck tire coins that were selling like hotcackes.

Finally got to meet MustangJoni, Chris Rake (CRAKE) and Team 360 as well as those hippies that have the huge bridge run.

Did we mention the BBQ dinner? Awesome! Very well done.

Loved the silent auction and got some neat coins for a nice price. Bought a bunch of GW4 coins for friends that didnt attend but still wanted some.

Stumbled into FiveSecretHunters, Texas Dreamweaver and Houston Control in a car park and ended up doing some night caching and conversation that went on till way after midnight. Fun time there too.

Got up the next morning and hoofed it to a bunch of trail caches in the park with KandRS and Houston Control. Mrs. ATMA hates those Bobcats in the woods...

Tried the Night/Day run but there were way too many people so we broke off into a smaller group for a more sane caching experience.

The rest of the time was spent on caching the Dallas/Fort Worth area with Mrs. ATMA, running into a few cachers on occasion for some small group caching. Some of the finds were done on our mountain bikes and that was a lot of fun too.

I had never realized it before but an LED produces heat. Anyone that walked in front of that Texas Sized scrolling marque sign could feel the heat produced by a million super bright LED's firing off at once.

In more than a nutshell, this is our take on the event and you can tell, we had a blast!

Thanks again for a good event.

I am saddened by the negativity tossed around by those who are either "too good", "too lazy" or "too afraid" to actually show their faces at a Geowoodstock event.

I'm one of those who were afraid. Yes that's right. I'm afraid to fly. So there. I admit it. I was there in spirit though. Honest. I drank a bunch of spirits and poof! I was there! Well at least in my mind. :laughing:

I'm sorry I missed it. I don't pay any attention to the negative posts because I know a lot of people that attended and I know they are good people. I know you people had a lot of fun and I wish I could have been there!

El Diablo

I'm one of those who were afraid. Yes that's right. I'm afraid to fly. So there. I admit it. I was there in spirit though. Honest. I drank a bunch of spirits and poof! I was there! Well at least in my mind. :laughing:

I'm sorry I missed it. I don't pay any attention to the negative posts because I know a lot of people that attended and I know they are good people. I know you people had a lot of fun and I wish I could have been there!

El Diablo

We missed you too. <_<

El Diablo

I'm sorry you missed out on a good time too. Flying isn't the only way you know!

Maneuvers Distance Maps

1: Start out going EAST on W MARKET ST toward N GREENE ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto S GREENE ST. 0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto W WASHINGTON ST. 0.3 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto S SPRING ST. <0.1 miles Map

5: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto FREEMAN MILL RD. 3.8 miles Map

6: Merge onto US-70 W / US-29 S via EXIT 79 toward HIGH POINT / CHARLOTTE. 3.8 miles Map

7: Take I-85 S toward CHARLOTTE (Passing through SOUTH CAROLINA- then crossing into GEORGIA). 323.4 miles Map

8: Merge onto I-20 W via EXIT 247 (Crossing into ALABAMA). 134.6 miles Map

9: Merge onto I-459 S via EXIT 136 toward MONTGOMERY / TUSCALOOSA. 29.6 miles Map

10: Merge onto I-20 W via the exit on the LEFT toward TUSCALOOSA (Passing through MISSISSIPPI and LOUISIANA- then crossing into TEXAS). 587.5 miles Map

11: Merge onto TX-557 SPUR W via EXIT 499A toward US-80 W / DALLAS. 4.2 miles Map

12: TX-557 SPUR W becomes US-80 W. 19.0 miles Map

13: US-80 W becomes I-30 W / US-67 S. 5.9 miles Map

14: Take the US-75 N exit- EXIT 47B- toward SHERMAN. 0.4 miles Map

15: Take the MAIN ST WEST / ELM ST exit on the LEFT. 0.2 miles Map

16: Take the ELM ST ramp. 0.1 miles Map

17: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto ELM ST. 0.4 miles Map

18: Turn RIGHT onto N ERVAY ST. 0.2 miles Map

19: Turn LEFT onto PATTERSON ST. <0.1 miles Map

20: Turn LEFT onto N AKARD ST. <0.1 miles Map

21: Turn LEFT onto FEDERAL ST. <0.1 miles Map

22: End at Dallas, TX US Map

Total Est. Time: 16 hours, 59 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1114.29 miles

El Diablo

I'm sorry you missed out on a good time too. Flying isn't the only way you know!

Maneuvers Distance Maps

1: Start out going EAST on W MARKET ST toward N GREENE ST. <0.1 miles Map

2: Turn RIGHT onto S GREENE ST. 0.1 miles Map

3: Turn RIGHT onto W WASHINGTON ST. 0.3 miles Map

4: Turn LEFT onto S SPRING ST. <0.1 miles Map

5: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto FREEMAN MILL RD. 3.8 miles Map

6: Merge onto US-70 W / US-29 S via EXIT 79 toward HIGH POINT / CHARLOTTE. 3.8 miles Map

7: Take I-85 S toward CHARLOTTE (Passing through SOUTH CAROLINA- then crossing into GEORGIA). 323.4 miles Map

8: Merge onto I-20 W via EXIT 247 (Crossing into ALABAMA). 134.6 miles Map

9: Merge onto I-459 S via EXIT 136 toward MONTGOMERY / TUSCALOOSA. 29.6 miles Map

10: Merge onto I-20 W via the exit on the LEFT toward TUSCALOOSA (Passing through MISSISSIPPI and LOUISIANA- then crossing into TEXAS). 587.5 miles Map

11: Merge onto TX-557 SPUR W via EXIT 499A toward US-80 W / DALLAS. 4.2 miles Map

12: TX-557 SPUR W becomes US-80 W. 19.0 miles Map

13: US-80 W becomes I-30 W / US-67 S. 5.9 miles Map

14: Take the US-75 N exit- EXIT 47B- toward SHERMAN. 0.4 miles Map

15: Take the MAIN ST WEST / ELM ST exit on the LEFT. 0.2 miles Map

16: Take the ELM ST ramp. 0.1 miles Map

17: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto ELM ST. 0.4 miles Map

18: Turn RIGHT onto N ERVAY ST. 0.2 miles Map

19: Turn LEFT onto PATTERSON ST. <0.1 miles Map

20: Turn LEFT onto N AKARD ST. <0.1 miles Map

21: Turn LEFT onto FEDERAL ST. <0.1 miles Map

22: End at Dallas, TX US Map

Total Est. Time: 16 hours, 59 minutes Total Est. Distance: 1114.29 miles

LMAO! I have a GPS with turn by turn. Unfortunately not enough time to drive there and back.

Besides....I was afraid Snoogans was going to hunt me down and do bodily harm and I'm not much bigger than that dog of his. <_<

El Diablo

Besides....I was afraid Snoogans was going to hunt me down and do bodily harm and I'm not much bigger than that dog of his. :huh:

El Diablo

We missed you too. :laughing:

Sooooo, you caught the double meaning of my post.... Cleverrrrrr.

Hold still while I reload! <_<:ph34r:

Edited by Snoogans

The good things: There are so many

All the wonderful caches in the DFW area. We tried to find them all but alas no could do. We have cached in Ft. Worth and Arlington before and loved it particularly the Virtual tours in Fort Worth. You folks worked so hard to have them ready for the hoards and you did a great job.

The Friday night event at which we arrived late was sure a good beginning to a wonderful weekend. We had a hard time finding it but had a really neat ride around the park.

Then, of course, GW4....the event. I have to say the best thing in our eyes was the fantastic fun Jason (the youngest horsegeek) had talking to all of the coin people. All of you were so friendly and warm to him and we appreciate it so much. He came back 25 coins richer.

A highlight of the day was meeting Bennet. He chauffered one of Ms horsegeek's horse travel bugs "C" all around the Fort Worth that she loved at the beginning and end of her 40 year life. That's right the Morgan horse C died at over 40 years old. Bennet then created a cache called "C" which we found last year for our 1400th cache.

All of the wonderful people talking about what we like to talk about both old friends and new. We got to meet so many new folks.

So many neat things to do and so little time to do them. It was too hot for these old folks to take the long walks around the park but we come to this area enough to know that the next time we come and the weather is milder we will do the long walks.

Did I mention the food. It was great. We had just as much fun waiting in line and socializing as we did eating.....HMMM well close anyway.

We had a blast talking to the holders of the new world record just as we had done at GW3.

There is so much to do and we tried to do it all.

Our fellow geocachers however were the main reason we come to these events. We have been in geocaching for 2 1/2 years and GW4 was our 50th event. Do you think we enjoy them???

We just can't wait for the next.

The bad things about GW4: yes there are bad things:

We ate too much

My sister-in-law is mad at me because I didn't stick around enough.

That's all I can think of that was bad.

Cool down forum junkies and come try it sometime....you may just like it more than the angst in the forums

Oh yes and we did miss El Diablo. He, his lovely wife and Mr and Mrs WE4NCS were the first ones we talked to at our first event before we had found the first cache. Next year maybe someone will drug you like they used to do Mr T and load you aboard the plane. Unless, of course, GW5 ends up closer to you.

I knew that GW4 would be a huge success (it took place in Texas after all). The negativity in this forum has little bearing on the real world. I think most of the regulars realize the forums do not represent most geocachers. Wish I could have attended but we celebrated my daughter's birthday that weekend and we also had a soccer tournament for my oldest son. I'm still holding out hope that someday I'll get to meet wimseyguy, Mr. and Mrs. Snoogans, Doc Dean, El Diablo, paintfiction and many many others. I will enjoy reading all the responses from the people that could attend the event. Congrats on finding the courage to propose, Snoogans. You da man ...

Edited by clearpath

Oh yes and we did miss El Diablo. He, his lovely wife and Mr and Mrs WE4NCS were the first ones we talked to at our first event before we had found the first cache. Next year maybe someone will drug you like they used to do Mr T and load you aboard the plane. Unless, of course, GW5 ends up closer to you.

I'm glad you got to attend such a fine event. I still remember you and the Mrs sitting across the table from us all excited about the prospect of caching. Now you make me look like a rookie!

Once again...people can post all the negative about GW4, but I know good people such as you attended, therefore it had to hae been a great event.

Today's Cacher will be doing some great articles and photos of the event.

El Diablo

I went to GW4, but didn't do any of the Events. I stayed at my OCB table all day, then burned back into Fort Worth and went honkeytonkin' at all my old hangouts (used to live there, pre-geocaching)...

Some cachers showed up that I had gotten into 'differences of opinions' with, here in the forums.

Meeting them, I realized they are really GOOD people: AlabamaRambler, who impressed me with his down-home hospitality...Mtn-Man, who, by the way, looks alot like Randy Travis...JoGPS, a real 'good ol' boy', who can talk the talk and walk the walk, and knows how to smooth-talk the ladies...

And, I got to meet Snoogs and the Snoogstress, Doc Dean, Pepper, LadyCacher, Lynn of CCCooperAgency and SOOOO many more who stopped off to see the OCB and say hi, I apologize if I can't list y'all here...but I had a very nice time meeting each and every one of you!

Alright, alright, alright! :laughing:

El Diablo

I wanted to be there too but was not 'too good', 'too lazy' or 'too afraid' to go. Just did not have the time or money to be able to attend. Might be able to get to the next one (I keep hoping anyways). Lot's of people I'd like to meet. I for one don't consider the negative stuff floating around to have had anything to do with GW specifically. It's been simmering for a while IMO. Glad you all had a good time!

I wanted to be there too but was not 'too good', 'too lazy' or 'too afraid' to go. Just did not have the time or money to be able to attend. Might be able to get to the next one (I keep hoping anyways).

Certainly my comments don't apply to everyone. I'd love to meet you one of these days COD.

WOW! Lot's of good memories from GW4...

1. Four people in a smelly Dodge Minivan, 1 entire can of Febreeze, and the van was covered w/ about 10 different GPS/NCGO/Geocaching stickers. Glad the van wasn't on my credit card - lol!

2. The BBQ at Coulters, Dickey's and at the event - YUM YUM! I love Brisket! We even found an all you can eat BBQ place just down from the hotel.

3. Speaking of our hotel, free beer at our hotel during the manager's reception from 5-7 pm. B) Of course we scheduled our dinner breaks during this time each day B)

4. The Dallas police dept. helping us find a cache late at night, in a park, in a VERY expensive neighborhood. You know those spotlights mounted on the side of a police car are VERY bright, much better than the wally world flashlights we had B)

5. I met Snoogans again! WOOT! WOOT!

6. I saw and logged CUJO! WOOT! WOOT!

7. I got a seed pod cache that I will place tomorrow - YAY!

8. Walking around w/ CHB and the NEFGA guys at the park looking for caches. Always much more fun to cache w/ a group. Too bad "the FED" wasn't there this year although I do remember seeing a pair of his tighty whitey's at the park somewhere :)B)

9. The two mile bridge at 2 am! 20 caches in all - YAY! Now THAT's a cluster!

10. Having a chance to meet and talk w/ some of the people I have ran across in the forums, GW3, or other places.

11. I had a chance to meet and talk with TheAlabamaRambler. Ignoring all of the other crap that is being said elsewhere, he is a fine, respectable, and upstanding person! It's great to meet other traveler's from the geocaching community!

12. I even won a TheAlabamaRambler coin in the raffle - YAY!

13. I was able to sign and log a cool orange flotation device TB

14. Driving around the campsites, and meeting different caches who were camping. WOW! It must be nice having an air conditioned tent - lol

15. My 2000th find during the trip - YAY!

16. Ft Worth and the Stockyards at night - Neat area! Lot's of interesting virts too!

17. Taking a scheduled break from caching both Tuesday and Wednesday evening so I could catch American Idol on TV. Whooo Hooo! Go Taylor! Nice coins too B)

18. Hambone's new nickname from Bram/Big B :D:rolleyes:

19. Watching the Texas Rangers Thursday night come back from a 7-0 deficit to win the game w/ a homer in the 9th inning to win 8-7. Great seats too, and there was a virt just outside of the park - lol

20. Going to the Grassy Knoll and taking a tour of the 6th Floor Museum.

21. Finding two caches were we had to climb wayyyyyy up in the tree to obtain it. One of which we parked the minivan at the bottom of the tree and used it as a makeshift ladder - lol.

22. Off roading in a Dodge Minivan... refer to the last part of statement #1 - LOL :rolleyes:

23. Finally finding a place that sells Krispy Kreme at 1 am - Whooo! Hoooo!

Lot's of fun was had at GW4 and I look forward to GW5!!

WOOT! WOOT!

11. I had a chance to meet and talk with TheAlabamaRambler. Ignoring all of the other crap that is being said elsewhere, he is a fine, respectable, and upstanding person! It's great to meet other traveler's from the geocaching community!

I'm sure he's a fine respectable guy.

Too bad he was so after glory he was complicit in the vandalism of a great number of caches...

All of that to set a "record" that most people don't recognize. Sad.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

I'm sure he's a fine respectable guy.

Too bad he was so after glory he was complicit in the vandalism of a great number of caches...

All of that to set a "record" that most people don't recognize. Sad.

Sad is the fact that you can't allow one positive thread to go on about GW4 without throwing something negative in.

Sad is the fact that you can't allow one positive thread to go on about GW4 without throwing something negative in.

Just an observation, nothing more.

If so motivated, I am sure I could have commented on how pathetic it is for people to "pump numbers" at events like this instead of earning them.

I won't though.

I'm going to ask for a favor. How about keeping this thread about the fun everyone had and leave the other stuff for the other threads? I know there are strong feelings about things, but I think it is nice to be able to come read the good stuff in this thread and live viacariously since I wasn't able to be there. Oh and don't get confused by my moderator tag. That was a personal post. I don't moderate this forum. B)

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone got golf balls this year!?!? Where is that sneaky Mustard Devil guy???? B)B)

Just an observation, nothing more.

If so motivated, I am sure I could have commented on how pathetic it is for people to "pump numbers" at events like this instead of earning them.

I won't though.

Once again, this forum is to recollect the fun things that went on at GW4... there are plenty of other threads where you can beat a dead horse.

I wanted to be there too but was not 'too good', 'too lazy' or 'too afraid' to go. Just did not have the time or money to be able to attend. Might be able to get to the next one (I keep hoping anyways).

Certainly my comments don't apply to everyone. I'd love to meet you one of these days COD.

And I'd like meeting you. Along with many others too. Someday... B)

I'm going to ask for a favor. How about keeping this thread about the fun everyone had and leave the other stuff for the other threads? I know there are strong feelings about things, but I think it is nice to be able to come read the good stuff in this thread and live viacariously since I wasn't able to be there.

Ditto.

Edit: stoopid typos...grrr.

Edited by Corp Of Discovery

The golf balls are accumulating in a storage facility. They'll be delivered to you campsite, carleen, as soon as you arrived at GW5.

I thought I was exempt now! B)B)

Hmmm, perhaps I will wear a Mtn-man name tag and then secretly slip a Carleenp tag on his back.....

BTW, taking ammo cans full of golf balls in airplane luggage is a really interesting experience..... B)

The golf balls are accumulating in a storage facility. They'll be delivered to you campsite, carleen, as soon as you arrived at GW5.

I thought I was exempt now! B)B)

Hmmm, perhaps I will wear a Mtn-man name tag and then secretly slip a Carleenp tag on his back.....

BTW, taking ammo cans full of golf balls in airplane luggage is a really interesting experience..... B)

Carleen, I rented a U-haul to take the ODS caches to GW4. It went home mostly full of golf balls to be put in my storage. You might need ro rent a semi to get 'em all home from GW5.... :rolleyes:

8. Too bad "the FED" wasn't there this year although I do remember seeing a pair of his tighty whitey's at the park somewhere :rolleyes:B)

I seem to remember something about them too.... Greg missed some great parties, but he was there in spirit.

2b1b3b83-d6b5-4c1a-9659-1a4269deb1fe.jpg

:)B):rolleyes:

MY...EYES...REALLY...HURT...NOW...

B)B)B)