Virtual Dropping And Retrival ?

Team_Talisman

I was traying to see why people were reporting no travel bugs in a cache that has 2 listed..

So when going through old online logs I stumbled across this

"I am using this note to do a "Virtual" drop of a Travel Bug ( BarLazyM Travel Bug 2 -- TBKJZV ) that needs attention by its owner. It is not really here.... He will soon do a "Virtual" retrieve."

Does someone want to explain.

Thanks in advance :)

Twice now when I have done snail mail hand-offs with cachers (Like when I needed my bug returned to me immediately) they have dropped the bug into a cache 'virtually' and sent me a note telling me to retrieve it. This means they simply posted a note and drop it on-line into a cache page, even though the bug was in the mail.

Why they didn't just have me grab it away from them? Ya got me. I think people just aren't aware of all the logging options .

Both of the bugs in that cache need the standard "The bug is not in the cache...you can move it to an unknown location...etc,etc."

Would you like me to do that?

Edited by BlueDeuce

Twice now when I have done snail mail hand-offs with cachers (Like when I needed my bug returned to me immediately) they have dropped the bug into a cache 'virtually' and sent me a note telling me to retrieve it. This means they simply posted a note and drop it on-line into a cache page, even though the bug was in the mail.

Why they didn't just have me grab it away from them? Ya got me. I think people just aren't aware of all the logging options .

Both of the bugs in that cache need the standard "The bug is not in the cache...you can move it to an unknown location...etc,etc."

Would you like me to do that?

Blue I just emailed you

I use a coin to track all of my adventures. I know i have logs for that but with a coin I make logs more personal for me, information only of interest to me and see all the pictures on one log.

when I drop it I pick it up right away.

check out my coin http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=363806

Cool!

My personal TB has just topped 20k miles. (That trip to Mexico helped)