1/2 Bsm

Another question from a newbie.

Is it possible to enter the 6 alpha-numeric waypoints directly?

I'm currently using the software and connecting the GPS to my computer to load the cache locations. I also have figured out (with the help of this forum) that I can press MARK and edit the coordinates. But it would be nice to enter GCXXXX. Can I on the 60SC.

Thanks!!

I'm still a bit confused about your question. If you open a .loc or .gpx file with coordinates in it in MapSource, and then send the coordinates to your GPSr, they should show up as GCxxxx.

If you are entering coordinates by hand (pressing MARK and then editing the coordinates) you can edit the coordinate name and symbol in the same fashion. More on the latter technique in question 1 of the Waypoints Section of the FAQ.

I'm still a bit confused about your question. If you open a .loc or .gpx file with coordinates in it in MapSource, and then send the coordinates to your GPSr, they should show up as GCxxxx.

If you are entering coordinates by hand (pressing MARK and then editing the coordinates) you can edit the coordinate name and symbol in the same fashion. More on the latter technique in question 1 of the Waypoints Section of the FAQ.

Yes. Thank you. I think I have it.

I wanted to enter the six digits in the field. But I'll always have the lat/long, so I'll be fine.

Thanks for your time!