Any One Else Getting This Problem

Just read a log on my cache at Ravensheugh crag and not pleased with whats going on,

"Cache was a buried black bin liner" Well it wasn't, so who's putting other peoples caches in black bin liners?

This happened at Border crossing a couple of hours after I was there checking on it, But I know who that culprit is, the same one that removed the geocoin from it's wallet , left the wallet ( with instructions)and moved the coin on.I then had to back up to remove bin bag , 80 mile rounde trip.. so if the culprits reading this forum , PACK IT IN . :rolleyes:

Nige :(

How annoying, but remember that they probably thought they were helping. Personally I would consider emailing everyone [politely] who has visited the cache (including the cachers who you trust not to have done this to avoid offence) and ask if it was them not to do it again. Perhaps put in a link or two to relevant threads on the forums.

As for the removal of the wallet from a coin, I had the same problem with a TB and it apparently is common. I would love to know why. Is it as simple as being easier to carry or fit in a cache.

Dunno about the plastic bags but I've found a few coins in caches that were not in their original wallets. On two occasions, the coins had fallen out of them (one fell out of it in my pocket). It might not be people deliberately removing coins from their pouches. A simple solution would be to wrap an elastic band around the pouch :rolleyes:

As for the removal of the wallet from a coin, I had the same problem with a TB and it apparently is common. I would love to know why. Is it as simple as being easier to carry or fit in a cache.

I haven't picked up many coins so don't have a great deal of experience but I have noticed that the ones I have seen fall out of the wallets quite easily. I can't explain why a wallet may be left and the coin taken out of a container but if you place\throw the coin with it's wallet into a rucksack it's quite easy for them to become seperated. Fortunately I think I have always remembered to reunite them.