Former Locationless Cachers Unite!

Are you a Category owner who wants to preserve the integrity of your category? Do you feel liket you are being "pushed out" with this new group requirement? If so, send me a email! I'm organizing the "Locationless Cachers" group which will take over administration of a number of categories including Raising Presidents, Zoos, and Hot Springs.

Are you a Category owner who wants to preserve the integrity of your category? Do you feel liket you are being "pushed out" with this new group requirement? If so, send me a email! I'm organizing the "Locationless Cachers" group which will take over administration of a number of categories including Raising Presidents, Zoos, and Hot Springs.

I guess you missed this line in the 3 emails I sent when I originally offered you these categories:

Also, please keep in mind that the category management system is likely to change in the near future. We ask that you be flexible with any changes that are made.

That said, you have the same opportunities to create a Group and manage a category like everyone else, so by all means create your Locationless Cachers Group. No need to storm the castle. :rolleyes:

-Nate

Currently, a group can only manage one category.

That kinda puts a damper on things... Any chance of that changing in the near future?

I guess you missed this line in the 3 emails I sent when I originally offered you these categories:

Nope, I saw the previous emails, still didn't make it any better...

That said, you have the same opportunities to create a Group and manage a category like everyone else, so by all means create your Locationless Cachers Group. No need to storm the castle. :rolleyes:

Not trying to storm any castles, just trying to preserve a concept that I used to enjoy through all these changes...

Currently, a group can only manage one category.

In one sense that is true, but the same grou people can form more than one management group. So, you could think of it as the same group with more than one group name.

The only real limitation, as I understand it, is that one individual can be the leader of no more than five categories.

So, conceivably, a group of five people could manage 25 categories -- forming 25 separate management groups with each member leading five groups/categories. I think so, anyway.

That's right. It seems to me that it would be more productive to post a group for each category you want to manage and encourage other former locationless cache owners to support your group and category. This way you're just grabbing other officers who may not care at all about your category.

That's right. It seems to me that it would be more productive to post a group for each category you want to manage and encourage other former locationless cache owners to support your group and category. This way you're just grabbing other officers who may not care at all about your category.

Thats exactly what we're doing and it seems to be working fine. We just instructed the current category owners to join our primary group (which does not own any categories), create their own group, and invite the members of the primary group to join their group. This gives everybody a chance to manage their own group, it allows the owner to keep control of their category, and lets all the members of the primary group decide which categories they want to participate in. As long as at least two members join each group we're in good shape.

I was a little reluctant about this group thing at first, but I thnk its going to work out great. The only other request I have is that I would like be able to promote some members to be the "Leader" of some of the categories that I created, and demote myself dwon to a regular member.

Dave

Edited by bamageek

The only other request I have is that I would like be able to promote some members to be the "Leader" of some of the categories that I created, and demote myself dwon to a regular member.

Dave

You can quit as the leader and you'll automatically swap ranks with the next highest ranking officer. Then you can drop down to a regular member, but be sure there are still 3 officers left for management or the category will be put back on probation (temp disabled).