1gb Legend Cx Memory Card Too Big?

I thought that I read that a 1GB card would work on the Legend CX but that it would ony use around 1/2 of the card. If that is true I might just get a 512 card since I should be able to get one cheaper than the 1GB card. Can anyone who has tried this help? Thank you.

Oh yeah. The map software is City Navigator!

Edited by Team 5150

I thought that I read that a 1GB card would work on the Legend CX but that it would ony use around 1/2 of the card. If that is true I might just get a 512 card since I should be able to get one cheaper than the 1GB card. Can anyone who has tried this help? Thank you.

I am not sure about the legend cx but I know the 60cx has a limit on the amount of maps you can load. I think it is 2025 segments. I have city navigator and topo and I have loaded almost the whole eastern usa for navigator and all of pa, and a large circle around pa in other states and filled the 1GB card. So I think it depends on the amount of segments. If you have city select then it will be harder to fill the card since you will have to use more map segments. Hope this helps.

Only 1GB are supported at the moment because 1GB is the maximum available right now. 2GB cards will be here in the not-so-distant future, and the Cx units will be able to use them as well.

The map segment limitation is indeed 2,025. It is more of an issue when using Topo or WorldMap maps because their segments do not contain as much data as City Select or City Navigator map segments. With City Select or City Navigator, you'll run out of space before you get to the segment number limitation. With Topo, 2,025 segments is just about enough for everything east of the Mississippi river. You'll actually be able to store ALL of the WorldMap maps because there are only 1,944 segments in that product. A good mix of City Select and Topo works very well.