All These Stats Issues

I've gotta believe TPTB have been reading at least some of these threads re the various stat-related issues going on. Anyone else curious as to their take on all this?

I'm deeply offended by Barry Bonds "surpassing" Babe Ruth's Homerun record, and think that the new "record" should go in the books with an * (or a couple)...

What do TPTB think about "steroid-man" beating out the babe?

Jamie - NFA

No stat issues here either.

But, like any other game/hobby/sport,, geocaching has guidelines that are needed for it to make sense. Not very many of them which is a good thing but they're needed just the same. For regular caches it's finding it, signing the log, trading if ya want, then rehiding like you found. This seems so simple yet there are so many that can't seem to figure it out! :laughing:

I've gotta believe TPTB have been reading at least some of these threads re the various stat-related issues going on. Anyone else curious as to their take on all this?

Hopefully TPTB are listening to their market base rather than a handful of obcessed GeoElitists who waste good daylight caching time in these forums trying to force their way of thinking on the rest of the community. If your views were widely shared, then micros would disappear, the player base would diminish and eventually geocaching would be reduced to something akin to kissing your sister, albet doing so 10 miles into the woods, on the side of a cliff somewhere, clinging to a poison ivy vine. Bye :laughing:

(Don't forget to sign sis's log) :laughing:

At one time, TPTB dropped your find count from the cache log. That created an outcry from the cache owners who relied on that information to make decisions. TPTB came back and re-instated the find count but changed the site so it would not update until the cache page updated.

In other news TPTB has been pulling the plug on external stats sites and external map sites for some time.

Based on this I suspect that what you see, is what you get for what TPTB thinks about stats.

At one time, TPTB dropped your find count from the cache log. That created an outcry from the cache owners who relied on that information to make decisions. TPTB came back and re-instated the find count but changed the site so it would not update until the cache page updated.

In other news TPTB has been pulling the plug on external stats sites and external map sites for some time.

Based on this I suspect that what you see, is what you get for what TPTB thinks about stats.

I suppose I expected a few wise-a** replies to my OP, but in any case RK I appreciate your salient, non-dismissively-toned response.

Edited by drat19

...Hopefully TPTB are listening to their market base rather than a handful of obcessed GeoElitists who waste good daylight caching time in these forums trying to force their way of thinking on the rest of the community. If your views were widely shared, then micros would disappear, the player base would diminish and eventually geocaching would be reduced to something akin to kissing your sister, albet doing so 10 miles into the woods, on the side of a cliff somewhere, clinging to a poison ivy vine. Bye :laughing:

Nice post, I suspect that your views being expressed here in the forums just like everone elses, are something other than wasting daylight hours as a geoelitist trying to foist your view as the way the activity should be? Because I sure can't tell the difference from your post and the ones you are griping about.

If the geoelitist views were widelyshared there would be less caches blown up, there would be less micro's, more and better swag and quite frankly geocaching would probably be better off. It makes me wonder why the heck I bother standing up for people who like finding and placing Micro Swill .

Edited by Renegade Knight

Hopefully TPTB are listening to their market base rather than a handful of obcessed GeoElitists who waste good daylight caching time in these forums trying to force their way of thinking on the rest of the community. If your views were widely shared, then micros would disappear, the player base would diminish and eventually geocaching would be reduced to something akin to kissing your sister, albet doing so 10 miles into the woods, on the side of a cliff somewhere, clinging to a poison ivy vine. Bye :laughing:

You’re attempting to derail the topic with superfluous information. I, speaking only for myself, having nothing against micro caches. I have a friend who is in a wheelchair, and even though she baja’s that thing into places she shouldn’t, micro caches are, by their nature, going to be a key aspect of her game. I generally don’t hunt them myself, but I DO understand their place. She does not, however, log fake finds, micro or otherwise. Many, almost all in fact, of the pocket caches identified in the forums or my bookmark, have been archived and/or locked. How much louder do TPTB need to speak?

I agree with Criminal. TPTB cannot speak any louder. As soon as the violations were pointed out, reviewers quickly shut down caches that either were not within the guideliens or cachers were using them outside the guidelines.

If only cachers exercised as much concern about the integrity of the guidelines as TPTB, much of the angst would have been avoided.