Help! I Just Scratched The Screen Of My New 60cx

Have any of you found a good way to polish or buff out at least part of a scratch? Also even though it's a little late is there anything special I can use as a screen cover or should I just get a case for it. Thanks in advance.

:( I need a lot of sad frogs for this one. My old Geko hasn't gotten scratched in years and I mess this one up the first week.

Have any of you found a good way to polish or buff out at least part of a scratch? Also even though it's a little late is there anything special I can use as a screen cover or should I just get a case for it. Thanks in advance.

:( I need a lot of sad frogs for this one. My old Geko hasn't gotten scratched in years and I mess this one up the first week.

I bought a pack of screen covers for pds'a and cut to fit.

:laughing: I need a lot of sad frogs for this one. My old Geko hasn't gotten scratched in years and I mess this one up the first week.

I bought a pack of screen covers for pds'a and cut to fit.

There is absolutely nothing better than the InvisibleSHIELD for screen protection. The pda covers aren't even close to the protection. The IS costs $10 but it will protect your screen from truly horrible scratches and has a lifetime replacement policy. Shortly after I got my GPSMAP 76CS I put a really nasty and deep scratch on the InvisibleSHIELD but it completely protected the actual screen. I'm talking about a scratch that would have been a major disaster. I sent in the old shield and was sent a new one to replace it for free. It's the best insurance you can get for your unit. Don't be "penny wise and pound foolish". Get the good stuff and leave the cheapo protectors alone.

I bought the Garmin case and am very happy with it. The advantage of the case over the shields is it also protects the buttons. I have a friend who used his 60cs so much he wore the color off the buttons!

The only drawback of the case is if you want to plug anything into it you'll have to remove it from the case. Here is the URL for the case:

http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010%2D10578%2D00

-al

I bought the Garmin case and am very happy with it. The advantage of the case over the shields is it also protects the buttons. I have a friend who used his 60cs so much he wore the color off the buttons!

The only drawback of the case is if you want to plug anything into it you'll have to remove it from the case. Here is the URL for the case:

http://shop.garmin.com/accessory.jsp?sku=010%2D10578%2D00

-al

I was surprised it didn't come w/ a case!

NJ

Try these guys.

Invisible shield

Adrian

To bad we cant buy these by the sheet. They just want way too much for a small piece of plastic. A 12"sq sheet for $20 would be perfect.

For what that "small piece of plastic" does it is a bargain. I would have absolutely ruined my GPSMAP 76CS but that little piece of plastic saved it. Go to their website and view their demos to see how it is different from the cheapo protectors sold for pda use.

Try these guys.

Invisible shield

Adrian

To bad we cant buy these by the sheet. They just want way too much for a small piece of plastic. A 12"sq sheet for $20 would be perfect.

For what that "small piece of plastic" does it is a bargain. I would have absolutely ruined my GPSMAP 76CS but that little piece of plastic saved it. Go to their website and view their demos to see how it is different from the cheapo protectors sold for pda use.

Wow, does this ever bring back a bad, recent event to memory. I scratched my 60cx on my first outing. I used toothpaste, Plastix, some sort of scratch remover, and every curse word I knew and still couldn't get the scratches out. I finally said "the heck with it" and bought the above product from shieldzone thinking that I would make the best of a bad situation, but prevent further damage. BUT WOW! After putting on the InvisiShield, the scratches are not visible at all! I love it again. Just an opinion, but you may want to give the InvisiShield a try before you put too much work into trying to remove the scratches.

Good Luck,

Frankendoodle

Try these guys.

Invisible shield

Adrian

Wow, does this ever bring back a bad, recent event to memory. I scratched my 60cx on my first outing. I used toothpaste, Plastix, some sort of scratch remover, and every curse word I knew and still couldn't get the scratches out. I finally said "the heck with it" and bought the above product from shieldzone thinking that I would make the best of a bad situation, but prevent further damage. BUT WOW! After putting on the InvisiShield, the scratches are not visible at all! I love it again. Just an opinion, but you may want to give the InvisiShield a try before you put too much work into trying to remove the scratches.

Good Luck,

Frankendoodle

another very nice thing about invisisheild is the lifetime replacement. I had to send my 60cx in, and the new screen protector is on its way. I forgot to add shipping/handling (which isn't listed on the FAQ, but still much cheaper than buying a new chunk of plastic) so they called today.

Try these guys.

Invisible shield

Adrian

Good Luck,

Frankendoodle

another very nice thing about invisishield is the lifetime replacement. I had to send my 60cx in, and the new screen protector is on its way. I forgot to add shipping/handling (which isn't listed on the FAQ, but still much cheaper than buying a new chunk of plastic) so they called today.

Yep another happy camper here with Invisishield I also have one for my PDA ect. but for you still not jumping in, put large scratch or several in screen makes it hard to read and everything else that goes with it like replacement cost of around $175 for map60, 76. Or get basically bomb proof protector with LIFETIME replacement warranty for $10 bucks Hmmmmm what to do, what to do :laughing:

Try these guys.

Invisible shield

Adrian

I use some clear static cling material that my work had laying around. I had to cut it to fit the screen but that was easy. Any sign supply place should have some for sale.

Someone else mentioned Meguars Plastix. That would work, I have some plastic polish made by Blue Magic I got at Autozone (I couldn't find the Meguiars stuff).

Also, you can use their metal polish (Blue Magic) for a more agressive cleaning (it's blue). I've used the metal polish to take out some pretty deep scratches in a watch I wear daily. I took it to the top of a mountain and it got a bit banged up on the rocks. Most of the scratches are non-existant now. I used it on my instument cluster on my dash and got rid of some annoying spider webbing effect from minute scratches.

Scratches never really 'come out'...what any polish actually does is wear down the surrounding area until it's level with the 'scratch'...I would put the Invisible Shield over it first, and see how it looks...if you can live with it, that's all I would do...

'Scratch remover' sounds like all you have to do is apply it, let it dry, then peel off the scratch and throw it away... :)