Greetings All!

CacheLord

Hello everybody. I'm a newbie with this sport/game/hobby and just wanted to shout out to the community introducing myself and saying hi.

I found my first cache the other day and had an absolute blast! This is some really fun stuff--and infinitely historical as well. I'm blown away that this is truly the world's first physically global game in any real sense of the word. Logging on and playing a MMORPG is one thing (and amazing too if you think about it) but this is totally different. I'm glad to be a part of it.

Soooo......Howdeee! :(

Logging on and playing a MMORPG is one thing (and amazing too if you think about it) but this is totally different.

Funny you make the comparison; when I first started geocaching, it reminded me of nothing so much as running outback missions in Anarchy Online. Here I was, dashing through an alien landscape following a little compass dealie that told me which direction to go. Only, real me gets out of breath more easily. And isn't a seven-foot blue-skinned skinny bald guy with fluorescent chest tattoos.