Most Finds In A Day?

24 or so, done about 4 years ago. It took us 250 miles and took from dawn till dusk. Since then I know I could tripple that easily but have never been tempted.

For me a cache day is a route and a new destination as mush as the number of caches on it. Of course there should be some caches on the route, that's the point after all. :(

My personal best is 240 in one day. I forgot my Sharpie, so I had to open the caches and sign the logs with a ballpoint pen. Otherwise, I bet the final count would've been more like 312 or so. But that's just a guess.

*smirk*

I think my personal 'best' as far as finds go is 9.

My FAVORITE best, is ONE DNF, if I recall right - can't remember any finds that time. That was a great day, had a wonderful time.

I got up at dawn on a saturday and did them randomly all day and got 14 (with 2 other people along).

This weekend I filtered a list to only do 1Diff/1Terr and I didn't even start till noon and got 22 (by myself).

That's really going faster than I like tho so I don't do it very often.

It's funner to really take everything in and take your time.

I was just trying to reach a goal of mine this weekend.

Edited by Team Cyberlove

I attempted to find 30 caches on my 30th birthday, which was April 30th, but the final tally for the day was 18. I blame my lack of familiarity with my new toy, the Garmin IQue GPSr/PDA combo. I had put too much faith in its abilitiy to map all the caches in an area, but it didn't work as planned, so ittook me way more time to route around to different caches.

I still could have gotten close if I hadn't dropped it, resetting the device and losing all the data in it. Oops. Now I know how to back it up properly.

Now that I know what I'm doing with it, I think I might try again for the heck of it.

I did find my 330th cache that day though. :laughing:

I don't recall the exact number. If I had to guess I'd say somewhere near 8 to 12. The numbers wern't important to me. It was an eight hour hike in MTRP in San Diego. I hiked the ridge from north to south and had more than enough time to take in some great views at the cache sites, once the smog over San Diego lifted. I also met a cacher on the trail.

My personal best is 240 in one day. I forgot my Sharpie, so I had to open the caches and sign the logs with a ballpoint pen. Otherwise, I bet the final count would've been more like 312 or so. But that's just a guess.

I think Sharpie should sponser some of these mega-cachers. The sticker crowd has officially been outdone. :laughing:

I was wondering, if you were setting up a world record run for an event, would going out and putting orange arrows pointing to the cache location be going a bit overboard? You could remove the arrows after the world record attempt. :laughing:

Looks like we have five different times that we found twelve in a day. Most of them were just times that we picked a small town near us and spent an afternoon caching. We did that just this past Sunday in one section of the large town near us. We only DNF'd one cache, the first we tried, and we felt lucky by the end of the day we went back to one that had stumped us before in another part of town--and found it! Yeah!

whats the record? whats your personal records?

mine is 3 haha i know real big but im new to it so yah.

The most caches that I have personally found was 63, but there are people that say that the record is well above that. I don't count the farse that the record was set at GW, because not all of those caches were found by all the participants. I believe that for a count to find, you MUST have signed the log, or it doesn't count. I also feel this way about any "group" that breaks into teams and then go in differant directions to help make the count of "smilies" larger than it would have been if the group stayed togeather. But thats only my opinion.

I was wondering, if you were setting up a world record run for an event, would going out and putting orange arrows pointing to the cache location be going a bit overboard? You could remove the arrows after the world record attempt. :P

If one doesn't get caught, that's cheating the auto racing way. :P

Of course, it's a lot of work placing the orange arrows - last I recall, no kisses from the racing queen, no glasses of milk, no trophies, no million dollar checks, nor free trip to Disneyland for being recognized with a find count record.

If the motivation is to start <excrement> in the forums, this is potentially very rewarding! :blink:

I found 24 in a day without a car or a bicycle recently. Lunch and dinner breaks included. Rail-caching rules. :P

Since we have no official sanctioning body nor association who is to say what the official record actually is? :P:blink::P

I don't know exactly which day is my personal best for total finds, but there are a few 100+ finds/day in my profile. Feel free to search for all the cheese you please. :P

IMO my personal best days have been the day that my geopals planned a special 1K celebration cache for me and three others who hit the milestone over the summer, with a large event later that afternoon.

Another best day was the one when we found both Western NC 5/5 caches on the same day-High Water and Tube Torture.Sadly, both have been archived.

I honestly do not know what my solo best day for total finds is. Probably in the high 30's.

I cached my age last August on a cache run to Oklahoma. 35! Yay for me! :P

I signed every log book and wrote a unique online log for each cache. As it should be, IMO.

Oooh! I like this idea. Every year, it gets harder to "cache your age." I am going to try for that! 45 solo finds is my hurdle.

Another "most finds" record that I am proud of is finding 25 caches with my daughter earlier this month. That is the most we've ever found when it was just the two of us. And they were all remarkably good caches, an ideal mix of ammo boxes in the woods, tupperwares in nice parks, and micros that had a good reason to be micros (good locations and quality containers). And, like 9Key, not a single copy and paste log -- not even from my daughter. My 12 year old writes better logs than a lot of adults.

Thanks 9Key for a cool idea.