The First Interactive Geocoin Currently In Production.

CacheHunters42

Here it is the First Interactive Geocoin!!

Spin the wheel to see which cache to seek next.

The will of course be trackable at Geocaching.com.

Here is an actual picture of the front of the coin.

GPS%20Geocoin%20Front%20wm.jpg

These coins will go on sale 6/15/06.

I have a Spinning geocoin that seems very interactive to me. And it is trackable. I don't understand your claim.

it is hard to see the coin with your watermark on the front. are you worried about someone taking the picture and using it?

on the coin, it looks like cords are given, what are the cords and what do they represent?

Thanks.

Edited by nielsenc

I have a Spinning geocoin that seems very interactive to me. And it is trackable. I don't understand your claim.

Hmmm, doesn't Ladycacher also have a spinning coin? So wouldn't this be ( at most ) "Here it is the Third Interactive Geocoin!!"

But it DOES look nice.

it is hard to see the coin with your watermark on the front. are you worried about someone taking the picture and using it?

I understand his concern, but I think if her were to do the text on a new layer with an emboss filter on the layer and a fill of 0, it would still be apparent who owns the image as well as allowing a better picture to be shown.

Here's an example. Though I did use a large front, it doesn't need to be this large and intrusive. But it's a lot better IMHO.

sample.gif

And yes, as others have stated, this is not the first, but still a very nice looking coin. And one major difference between this one and Ladycachers' coin, this one allows for 5 different cache types as opposed to only 2 on Ladycachers' coin.

on the coin, it looks like cords are given, what are the cords and what do they represent?

Thanks.

Now I am really confused, I thought all that text was included on the coin :(. I thought it looked rather cluttered. I would love to see what the coin would look like minus the little message :(

Edited by Damenace

Nice...but does anyone really spin a pointer or flip a coin to determine what type of cache to go after? I have a spinner to show who pays for the beer afterwards that is very useful, but cache type is normally:

A. What is newest,

B. What is closest, or

C. What puzzle have I just finished.

Spinning anything (except for who buy the beer) distracts from this simple logic

It's funny how all of my coin designs are strictly for geocahing and promoting the sport.

This is a sport I enjoy and have some ideas to help promote it.

As far as separating people from their money, I keep the prices as low as I can. This coin will come in around $7.50 to $8.00. Unlike many of the other gimick coins that are selling for over $10.00.

Here's an update on these coins.

400 polished Gold $7.75

100 polished Nickel $8.25

The sale site will be posted when I have the coins in hand. Sorry for the delay but I had to work things out with Magellan for the use of their image.

Coins are being minted this week and should be in stock within 14 days.

I will add the sales link when they are in.

It's funny how all of my coin designs are strictly for geocahing and promoting the sport.

This is a sport I enjoy and have some ideas to help promote it.

As far as separating people from their money, I keep the prices as low as I can. This coin will come in around $7.50 to $8.00. Unlike many of the other gimick coins that are selling for over $10.00.

Gimick coins, I want one of those, are they trackable?

The will of course be trackable at Geocaching.com.

Here is an actual picture of the front of the coin.

GPS%20Geocoin%20Front%20wm.jpg

These coins will go on sale 6/15/06.

Where can this be purchased?

These coins are in. I will not be selling them until July 15,2006. I will post the link Here at 8:00am on the 15th.

There will be 100 Nickel and 400 Gold available for purchase.

I will post pictures later tonight.

I am also working with Garmin to manufacture a Garmin GPS Geocoin. I should have a response from them later this week.

This interactive GPS geocoin is designed after the Magellan Sport Trak series GPS. It features an interactive spinning disk which you can use to select the geocache you will look for.

These coins will be going on sale on 7/15/06 at 08:00 EDT.

There will be 400 Gold $7.25 available HERE.

GPS%20Gold%20Geocoin.gif

There will be 100 Nickel $ 7.75 available HERE.

GPS-Nickel-Geocoin.gif

Edited by CacheHunters42

The image of the back is to the right of the front, it's a big image.

Here's a smaller image:

GPS%20Gold%20Geocoin%20Thumb.gif

Oh duh me, lol. I didn't even think to scroll sideways on your prior post. Thanks for posting again.

Gosh, I feel so, um, blonde :laughing:

Edited by AtlantaGal