Request About The Stats

caixeiros

This may not accomplish exactly what you want, but the caches will disappear from your list if you can find someone else to adopt them (I think you'd have to do that before they're archived though).

Usually when a cache is archived it is for good reason. Adopting something that deserved to be archived is a bit like dumpster diving.

On the stats banner appears, as "hidden", all the caches, even the archived ones. We'd like that it'd only appear the effective caches, not the archived ones...

Just purely out interest - why??

I have really hidden 80+ even if only 72 of them are currently active. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

On the stats banner appears, as "hidden", all the caches, even the archived ones. We'd like that it'd only appear the effective caches, not the archived ones...

Just purely out interest - why??

I have really hidden 80+ even if only 72 of them are currently active. Not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

I had the same question about this post. It might be that the author is attempting to prevent people from padding their numbers by planting crappy caches which are archived quickly. I would suggest that no matter what is done, there will be people who pad their numbers somehow. I prefer to play the game up front and as accurately/honestly as possible, but let's face it, there's no prize money at stake or anything even remotely like it.

There may, of course, be another reason, but I think allowing honest players (with quality caches that are archived because a new road goes through or what have you) should be able to keep the "hash marks" which indicate their contributions to the game--both current and historical.

This may not accomplish exactly what you want, but the caches will disappear from your list if you can find someone else to adopt them (I think you'd have to do that before they're archived though).

A cache can be adopted even after the archival. GC7AAF was in an archived state when I adopted it. After the adoption I asked the reviewer to unarchive it and now it's back in business.

I have a puzzle cache that relies on one of my archived caches for it to be solved. I certainly wouldn't like to see this happening, as I would have to add another cache to my archived list. (No the cache wasn't generated or archived for another cache to be made)

As time goes past, your archived caches drop to the bottom of your list anyway. I like it as it is, it's also good to be able to see what caches someone has owned.

Don't think this is an issue. At some point, you've hidden a geocache, even if it's gone... you hide it. So, guess "we" deserve the credit.

Usually when a cache is archived it is for good reason. Adopting something that deserved to be archived is a bit like dumpster diving.

As some wrote, there are many exceptions. Not all caches are archived with a good reason. Wanna know our #1 spot of our list "Why on earth would someone archive this great cache?". OK, here it is:

GC4055-NYC Corner Cache

Shame, shame...

P.S. Sorry for the hijack. :(

It might be that the author is attempting to prevent people from padding their numbers by planting crappy caches which are archived quickly.

If this is the case, a cacher would be violating the listing guidelines, depending on how quickly they archived the cache. There is a permanence requirement in the guidelines.

One easy way is to create a sock-puppet account and have that account adopt your caches. You could also have the account grab any TB's or geocoins from you that you don't want showing up in your inventory (although marking them "missing" works well also).

A cache can be adopted even after the archival. GC7AAF was in an archived state when I adopted it. After the adoption I asked the reviewer to unarchive it and now it's back in business.

Yours seems to be an exception, rather than the rule. Generally, archived caches are no longer being allowed to be adopted. From the posted FAQ:

"Occasionally, the owner of a cache is unable to maintain it any longer. If the cache is still out there (i.e., not missing or archived), it can be preserved by transferring ownership to someone else who is in a better position to maintain it."