Help, Moved Cache, What Now?

I moved a cache, GCA191. I am new to Geocaching and not sure what to do. We had trouble with a muggle. He kept following us. Then he would back track and we'd think he was gone, then he'd show up again. We even hiked out of the way for a bit to try to loose him. This happened several times. Then he became a little to friendly. He gave us all the heebie geebies. (I was with a group of non-geocachers trying to get them hooked.) We thought he was gone so we found the cache and of course, suddenly he was there again. We all agreed that the cache should be moved. I rehid the cache in a different location, marked it and then we all hytailed it out of there.

I moved a cache, GCA191. I am new to Geocaching and not sure what to do. We had trouble with a muggle. He kept following us. Then he would back track and we'd think he was gone, then he'd show up again. We even hiked out of the way for a bit to try to loose him. This happened several times. Then he became a little to friendly. He gave us all the heebie geebies. (I was with a group of non-geocachers trying to get them hooked.) We thought he was gone so we found the cache and of course, suddenly he was there again. We all agreed that the cache should be moved. I rehid the cache in a different location, marked it and then we all hytailed it out of there.

Could he have been another cacher out looking for the same cache?

Well, as others have said, he may have been a cacher himself. Or it may hve been a sex cruiser. Or it may have been a very lonely person, or perhaps a wacko. And, were it I in your shoes, I would simply go back today and return the cache to its original hide spot, and then send a note to the cache owner explaining about the temporary "detour" taken by the cache.

I think your gut instincts may have been good. If it were me, I would email the cache owner, through their profile on the cache page, before I did anything else with the cache.

If he was just another cacher, the worst that will happen is that they will have to take a DNF on the cache (I notice that no one else has posted a DNF for the cache). If he was up to no good, the cache is safe where it is now, and easily returned to the orginal spot if that is what the owner wants.

I was caching out of town when something like that happened to me after I had grabbed the cache but before I could put it back. I tried several different tricks (walking away, going back to the car and trying to sit him out) but the guy wouldn't go away. There was no way I could replace the cache without him seeing me. I pocketed the cache (it was a micro) and went on my way to other caches in town. A couple of hours later, he was still there. I went and did a few more caches but it was time to start heading home. I drove back and the guy was no where to be seen. Cache was replaced as found.

I'm not sure what I would have done if I couldn't have replaced the cache (I was thinking of placing it somewhere else and informing the owner) As it was, I just noted the experience in my logging of the find.