My Very First Day! + ?

bone shaker

Bought a GPS yesterday and got started today.... found 5 cashe's !!!!! I am hooked!!!!! I have a question though... 4 of my cache's were micro's... I would like to hide a micro but do not know where to get the official paper for people to log in on... can any one help? This is great!!!!! thanks, bone shaker

If I might offer a suggestion, try finding a few more caches before creating your own hide. That will give you a good idea of which hides you really enjoy, which are boring, which might get wet, which might get stolen, etc... Personally, I found about 50 caches before creating my first hide.

Welcome to geocaching! ;)

I'd like to second Mary&Dave's suggestion. You will find that your hide will be more enjoyable if you find a few. Then you will know things such as; hiding a cache under a lampost cover isn't that unique, not every park needs a cache, and that really small nano cache hidden in a rock pile isn't very fun to search for.

Also you will find that micro caches are being hidden at a rate that is causing some unhappyness in the community and you would be putting yourself in high regard by hiding a full sized cache.

Enjoy your newfound hobby. Welcome to our little family.

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I might offer a suggestion, try finding a few more caches before creating your own hide. That will give you a good idea of which hides you really enjoy, which are boring, which might get wet, which might get stolen, etc...

If you do the above you will be happy, very good advice

Bought a GPS yesterday and got started today.... found 5 cashe's !!!!! I am hooked!!!!! I have a question though... 4 of my cache's were micro's... I would like to hide a micro but do not know where to get the official paper for people to log in on... can any one help? This is great!!!!! thanks, bone shaker

Why not buck the trend and hide a regular cache?

Thanks for all the help! I went cacheing today and found 7 more! I have been studing up on this sport for sometime, and also have a friend who is way into it! He has been telling me his adventures, and how some are greatly hid. For some time I have been thinking of a couple ways to hide a cache that would not be a quick grab and go. This cache is a large one with several different treasures (lcd flashlight, Hard Rock Cafe pin, etc.... and a Bone Shaker Hot Wheel (that is how I picked my name))...it is in a water proof container, and this container is in another water proof one..this cache is being approved as we speak.. maybe I am jumping the gun by going ahead and hidding a couple, but to me this is part of the thrill! I want to hide a micro in an area that will take a little thinking to get to.... which I don't know how to word right yet. We live in an area that has a lot of mountains and trails, so you have to go off the beaten trail to get them. I am not just throwing out a bunch of cache's, but I guess I am getting too excited about the whole sport! Everywhere I go, I look around thinking... "now that would be a good place to hide a cache!" I do appreciate any thoughts and look forward to more finds..... thanks, bone shaker